Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was home sick today and watched all of Haikyu that's out & had a big grin on my face all the way through. It looks great, is pretty funny, and is just a lot of fun. I'm not a huge sports anime viewer but I did like Free, Chihayafuru is one of my favorite shows, and I'm watching Ping Pong mostly on the strength of the animation but it's pretty great on top of that. Haikyu seems to hit a lot of the notes that I like in this kind of show -- focus on teamwork, no stupid powers or over the top abilities (I'd put the shorty guy in the same category as Chihaya or Haruka in that he basically lives and breathes volleyball and that accounts for most of his ability), and hilarious faces. The 3rd-year spotter's face when he was closing the door on them at practice in the 3rd(?) episode had me rolling.

fake edit - found a gif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The scenes with the whole team loving around in the most recent episode (of Haikyuu) were my favorite parts so I hope there's a lot more of that now that they're all together finally.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thread needs more Haikyuu gifs

I love when it goes all sketchy like that :allears:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

This was adorable :kimchi:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was behind so I watched 5 episodes of Haikyuu!! tonight.

I...I think I should go lie down for a while.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

darkgray posted:

If anyone's wondering, Haikyuu is still supremely wonderful watching. :3:

The character development through this last match has been pretty great. I love that Kageyama and Sugawara can be competitive with each other without being needlessly antagonistic and push each other to improve.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
They didn't, or at least I didn't catch it because I was wondering what was up with that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
How does Kuroko compare to Haikyuu? Does it have the same kind of goofiness and team interaction?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sounds good. I was thinking about starting it after Haikyuu wraps up but wasn't sure if it was the same sort of show or if it was more serious. As far as sport shows go, I really don't care about the sport part so they could be playing virtually anything as long as it has strong characters and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Personally I'd rather see more gay than less gay but that's what doujinshi are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I am sure nobody is surprised to hear this, but they have finally announced that Haikyu is getting another season.

:toot:
Now I can finally watch the last couple episodes I was saving because I wasn't ready for it to be over.

• Locked thread