Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Haikyu is great, and I think volleyball really lends itself to manga/anime since it has relatively short but frantic bursts of action and everyone on the team has set roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Is it possible she meant something like "got their foot in the door but ultimately had to find some other work?" As far as I know there's only one Japanese player in the series who's clearly a world talent and he's just starting out as a pro. It's a strange line since it's not like there's a stable of pros in the series.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 14, 2014

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Haikyuu doesn't really start until you get Nishinoya.

Actually the best thing about Haikyuu is all the great characters on other teams.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

His sister is really cool too, but I guess she might not show up in the anime? For the longest time Kiyoko is the only female character

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Volleyball is really good for this because you have a few distinct roles with responsibilities, but it's a stop/start game so you can pace the action pretty well.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I'd guess the first season will end sometime around the flashforward show at the beginning of episode 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

New chapters of Baby Steps just arent long enough. :(

Yeah, when you blow through it, the 10 or so chapters that make up a match are nothing. When you're reading 19 pages each week it's painful.

• Locked thread