Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I can't believe Haikyuu was the show that did this to me but after watching it and getting extremely Chihayafuru/Oofuri vibes I immediately went to the store and dropped about $10 dollars to get about 6 volumes and read them all.

While I don't have the same commitment or stakes in Haikyuu that I do in Ping Pong or Mushishi it's definitely the surprise of the season for me. I wasn't expecting it to be good, I'm not super into Sports Anime (Other than the aforementioned) but this hooked me instantly.

It helps that it's well animated and the voice acting is good! I am super into it, and I really like the characters. Definitely one of the few things to actually watch this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Haikyu is moving at a respectable pace and it is still impressing me with its overall sense of visual metaphor and animation direction. On top of that, every member of the team is perfectly cast.

I don't have much to say that wouldn't devolve into babble so I'm just gonna say I'm glad they're moving this quickly and are maintaining the bar of quality.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

jackofarcades posted:

Haikyuu doesn't really start until you get Nishinoya.

This is the goddamned truth.

I am really fond of the beginning arcs and I don't think they're bad at all but it is a case of things steadily improving as it goes on. Its not fair to say 'it gets better' as if the beginning is a slog because it's always relevant and all that, but it does get much meatier as it continues. Plus, all the added characters are genuinely great.

Also the voice acting in this show is great so that'll be a treat.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i wish someone else was doing the subs for the volleyboys show because this had me very confused because it showed them scoring points every scene

Wow, how the gently caress they managed to flip the Kanji translations is beyond me. I almost didn't spot the mistake because it was so stupidly simple.

• Locked thread