Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I apologize if this doesnt belong in the thread because its not from this season, but does anyone watch Ace of the Diamond around here?

Now I admit I love baseball, but I pretty much hate sports themed tv shows/movies. I dont know what it is but I watched the first episode because I had nothing better to do and found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

darkgray posted:

Hrm, as usual I can't stand the weekly wait, so I went ahead and checked out the Baby Steps manga. Ran out of material after 29 volumes, but it's remarkably good. Reminds me a lot of Hajime no Ippo, with the way it's centered around sports outside of school clubs, and has a focus on going professional. Doesn't hurt that the romance actually moves forward every now and then. I just suffered through 38 volumes of Area no Kishi, where it wouldn't move an inch.

I ended up reading all the translated stuff thats out there as well. Ended up doing that with Ace of the Diamond when that first started too.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ViggyNash posted:

If you're curious, the longest match ever played was 11 hours and 5 minutes between John Isner (USA) and Nicholas Mahut (France) at the 2010 Wimbeldon. It took place over 3 days: 3 hours on the first day and suspended due to lack of light, 7 hours on the second day and suspended due to lack of light, and another hour on the third day. The 5th set itself lasted 8 hours and 11 minutes.

Oh god I dont watch tennis but I watched a lot of that game, it was amazing.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

New chapters of Baby Steps just arent long enough. :(

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Ace of the Diamond has stumbled onto the thing I dislike the most when it comes to shows about sports. The game/match that goes on for way too many episodes. I think its been about 6 or 7 episodes just for this one game, and theres still at least one more to go. Thats not including the 2 or 3 weeks where the show didnt air. It took about 15 minutes of the episode to throw 4 pitches.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 13, 2014

• Locked thread