Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I don't know if I can watch Haikyu because I despise the two main characters. One is a total rear end in a top hat (there's no "heart of gold" here, dude is a dick) and the other is incredibly whiny (not helped by the VA who takes the whiny to an even higher level).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

It isn't the worst, but the animation could be a lot better. Still, it's a decent enough show to enjoy.

I heard it's only going to be 24 episodes? I raced through the manga after hearing that, because they'll absolutely botch the whole thing if they try to condense the show.

I like the series though, especially since the only other tennis anime I've ever watched is Prince of Tennis (*shudder), where the mangaka seems to have no idea about how tennis is actually played (no one ever faults on a serve, or makes unforced errors, beating a player is definitive proof that they are better rather than sometimes just getting lucky or playing better on the day as happens constantly in actual tennis etc).

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Is it really that hard to animate the faces behind the net so everyone doesn't look like their heads are fused into the net? So lazy, Haikyu animators.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Maybe this is a jokepost but if you're talking about how the net in front of their faces gets erased, I'd imagine that's actually more work. It's intentional, they want to show the whole face. It'd be dead simple to just throw their faces behind a net layer.

If it's intentional, it's stupid. Isn't it more likely that they just have a bunch of background shots that have the net and the backdrop that they can reuse over and over, and they just paste the face of the player onto that image instead of blending them in behind the net?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I challenge ViggyNash to do these tennis infoposts for a few episodes of Prince of Tennis.

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

So, is Haikyu finished for now?

• Locked thread