Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Part 26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Oh my GOD you did the Chupacabra noise. :kimchi::respek::allears:

ElectricNeonPanda
May 11, 2014
Just wanted to say I started watching this Let's Play yesterday night, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I was a huge fan of Digimon as a kid, and I distinctly remember renting this and being just as confused and baffled as you guys are at this game. You guys are pretty funny.

I'm on part 7 right now. Looking forward to watching through the rest of it.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Digimon World Re:Digitize fan translation is almost finished!
Re:Digitize is a remake of this game that came out a couple years ago on PSP only in Japan.

The group doing this are moving onto the enhanced 3DS port after.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

We got plenty of time before our Digimon dies! *proceeds to gently caress around the whole video trying to find Shellmon*

Good use of his time there guys :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

We got plenty of time before our Digimon dies! *proceeds to gently caress around the whole video trying to find Shellmon*

Good use of his time there guys :v:

They reset at least once during the video when they got way off track.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I swear Shellmon turns up to thank you after you beat Toytown and the fog goes away....

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, all that running around and then he just turns up anyway. Shellmon is a dick.

Unless you cut out going through Ogre Fortress again after the reset and I didn't notice.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 27

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 16, 2015

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Curling is great. Continental cup is happening now in Calgary:

Norwegians

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Your voices were desynched by about a second ahead of the video. Not too much of an issue considering how slow and plodding this game is though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think Penguinmon just opens a curling rink in town. But maybe you have to unlock the arena first because I think that's where it goes?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Penguinmon opens the rink in town, yeah. You still have to give him fish everytime you want to play though, and I can't remember what any of the rewards are. I never bothered playing after unlocking it. One of the medals in-game is to roll up a perfect game but gently caress that noise.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Speaking of the arena, how has Greymon not appeared to fight you yet?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

They haven't talked to Jijimon since getting to Prosperity 15

All things considered they should be able to take him if they can get a good stun off here and there.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah I'm sure they can beat him; I was just surprised he hadn't shown up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If the future is remote gyms, how can you survive getting there with young Digimon?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Avoiding everything and running for your life, I guess.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
LOTS of recovery disks.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
Isn't that what auto pilot is for, getting to remote areas quickly or is that just a one way town portal kinda thing?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Panboy posted:

Isn't that what auto pilot is for, getting to remote areas quickly or is that just a one way town portal kinda thing?

Auto Pilot warps to the City, Birdramon flies you from the city to places. None of the places Birdramon will fly you to, except one (maybe two?), is close enough to a special gym to avoid fights entirely. But that one place has all the machines so it doesn't matter.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 28

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

digimon really has no moments that feel like something is happening or that what youre doing has meaning

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Holy crap I was beginning to think you two had given up on this game.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Of course humans didn't create this game! It evolved on its own based on the internet. :pseudo:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You guys should just out right cheat and use some AR codes. Choose your favorite champs and ultimates, get their digi items. and use a code to have all the attacks. Then choose attacks you like.

Maybe use Inf. Money and buy max of everything because spamming the best move(s) use a ton of MP. Note the game is will still be a slog.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
its a slog but i love it

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm actually okay with seeing more of the slog elements recorded. It gives us more material to work with for the eventual Joe Esposito montage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I loved how informitive Orange Fluffy Sheep's LP was, but the part about Digimon World I miss the most is wandering around with no idea what you're doing because there were never any guides that were 100% right while the game continued to smack you right in the mouth over and over as it randomly kills off your digimon and gives you Numamon for no reason.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's been 28 episodes and I still have no idea what the plot of this game is or what you're trying to do.

e: I should clarify - when I said "what you're trying to do" I meant your goal/objective as a player in this game. Not you guys in these videos.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 21, 2015

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

This episode had a lot more going for it than usual. I mean not a whole lot happened, but discussing the absurdities of the mechanics and figuring things out was enjoyable to listen to.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dango Bango posted:

It's been 28 episodes and I still have no idea what the plot of this game is or what you're trying to do.

e: I should clarify - when I said "what you're trying to do" I meant your goal/objective as a player in this game. Not you guys in these videos.

The overall goal of the game is to get Digimon to come back to the city and become civilized and to defeat the evil thing that has been making them leave the city and go wild in the first place. Unfortunately as we've been seeing the way to make said Digimon civilized is the most rear end backwards thing in the world for 90% of them!

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 29

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

real victory

as opposed to fake victory i guess

Molly Millions
Jan 27, 2011

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
So now that he's halfway decent, shall we start a death pool for Monzaemon? Will he die at 13? 14?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Molly Millions posted:

So now that he's halfway decent, shall we start a death pool for Monzaemon? Will he die at 13? 14?

I'm voting 16. Just long enough to make everyone excited about the progress right before he bites it

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 30

The Door Frame posted:

I'm voting 16. Just long enough to make everyone excited about the progress right before he bites it
:smith: He's going to live forever, and I won't hear anything different.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
What are we doing, and where are we going?: Let's Play Digimon World

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I love the hell out of Digiorno pizza but recently i don't know what it is but sometimes they have way to much basil on there and other times they have like none and then it's perfect. Red Baron is also good though and i've never actually tried any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
From my embarrassingly versed practice of frozen Pizza dinners I would have to say that Belafresco is the best, followed by Restaurante/Dr. Oeker, then McCains, President's Choice deep dish, Delissio (it's the Canadian version of the kraft pizza), Tombstone, Red Barron, Our Finest, Luigi's.

As for the other Let's Play, the light is at the end of the tunnel - Mario's 64 titles has some fantastic entries. You also have an excuse to play Banjo - Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 since they were pretty much modified engines of Mario 64.

Moving more on track, this game really is magical in how nothing truly makes sense or can be predicted. It's almost as if every random number generator in turn has a random generator creating some sort of vacuum where no amount of pre-programmed event can be predicted.

• Locked thread