Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Liar posted:

Then we might not have the funds to build tanks the military no longer uses!

I'd create a one child per family rule. Thanks to automation we're just not going to have enough jobs for everyone, and again thanks to automation we no longer need a huge population to man the military forces. Basically there's no good cause for a first world nation to have a population as high as America has.

Pretty much this but I'd cap it at two children per family maximum instead of just one; reason being for this is having a brother/sister in life is awesome and has many benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Wolfy posted:

Drop Florida into the Atlantic.

Care to elaborate why?

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

thrakkorzog posted:

For the U.S., Congress pays no taxes on their income working for Congress, but they get taxed 100% for every dollar they make after what they get payed working in Congress. No loopholes, so if a congressman gets paid $150,000 a year, then they can only make $150,000 a year, period. Every penny they make after that goes back to the IRS. People shouldn't become multi-millionaires while working in congress.

I would cap the salaries of congress at $75k a year, period (and term limits). If you're working for the public sector and "representing" the people, then you shouldn't be living a hugely luxurious lifestyle. Seriously, you're entire loving job is writing laws & imposing them on the public, most of which are attached with pork filled bullshit.

• Locked thread