Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

This is actually an interesting and hard question. I live in the US and I think I would choose having a system something like the NHS. There are obviously lots of things that need changing here, like in any country, so tough to just one but I think the fact that people regularly are put into debt for the rest of their lives because they or a family member got sick or injured is probably the worst and affects the largest number of people right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

PT6A posted:

This idea that politicians make too much money seems very well entrenched, and I'm not sure why. You need considerable qualifications, and realistically, you have a lot of responsibilities. The fact that a lot of people, particularly in the public sector, and underpaid can't be fixed by underpaying even more people.

Also in the US the people who are the real power structure are not politicians but people in the private sector who own the corporations that politicians work for. And those people make a lot more money. While a lot of politicians are also rich, most of the very wealthy politicians are wealthy because of their private investment and business activities, not because of their salary.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cheerfullydrab posted:

USA: legal weed, country-wide alcohol sales 24/7, also fully subsidized addiction counseling.

USA: teach everyone in the country how to count to one

• Locked thread