Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I hope that this is the best thread for this, but if not please refer me.

Long story short, I had very slow but reliable DSL with a modem/wireless router combo for several years, and I recently moved. Now I have Internet that is 4 times faster for only about $8 a month more, but my cable modem is just a modem. I broke out my Linksys 160N Router, and it sort of/kind of works, but every so often it just shits the bed and I have to plug my modem straight into my main PC. This is an old router, from 2007 or thereabouts, and I'm worried that age and changing protocols are why my internet isn't reliable. I don't want to buy a new router, but if I have to I have to and I won't cheap out.

So, what wireless router would you recommend? I need something simple to set up but with good range, as it will be in the lower-level of a two-level flat and I need to be able to connect reliably from the top floor. I'm not sure if whether or not I need a new router or if I need to to do something to my current one, but this isn't a tech support thread per se.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread