Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Have you analyzed your spending yet? I'm curious as to where that much credit card debt came from. You guys pull in great money, and your basic 'keep the lights on' living expenses is about half your monthly take home. You've got to be living one hell of a lifestyle with with 3K a month to spend, and racking up 33,000 dollars in credit card debt.

I'm no BFC poster child, but :drat:

edit: I looked at your post history in the budget thread. You guys aren't at a nuclear stage, you have a surplus every month and people love to be dramatic in here. I think the biggest thing you need to do is sit down and budget every dollar you make. Give every dollar a job and you'll figure it out. 20K on an AMEX @ 16% though is no good. I'm not debt adverse, borrowing cheap money can be a smart move, but borrowing money at 16% is not a smart move.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Bubbacub posted:

Plus the $150 a month on personal hygiene. What exactly is that?

It's Personal Hygiene. Haircuts, Salon Trips, stuff like that. 150 a month is not unreasonable for two young professionals. Not every goon has to get an 8 dollar haircut at GreatClips. A haircut for him, a trim and a couple trips to get her nails done for her, some makeup from somewhere not Target or WalMart and that number is easy to hit.

My only concern is I don't see any clothing allowance there. I don't have to dress nice for work so I don't spend much in clothing every year, but my wife has to dress professionally and probably averages 2000 dollars a year in clothing and shoes. Cole Haan just had a big sale at their outlet store and she bought 5 pairs of pumps for 800 bucks.

• Locked thread