Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I always wanted to find one of those, figure out where people would be sitting, wait until someone goes in and then stare at them and point like I can see what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Until you realize how awkward it is having to hold your pants away from everything going on. I like Squatters in theory but in practice it's a rather involved affair.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The line in Forrest Gump is "Life is like a box of chocolates..."

It should be "Life is like an Asian bathroom..."

Unlike chocolates, where you always get something inside chocolate, Asian bathrooms really are that unpredictable.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cent0r posted:

Test before using - some fire like a super soaker.

I was once held hostage for like six minutes on a Japanese style toilet seat in Ulsan, Korea because it started and malfunctioned. I had a pretty strong jet of water shooting at my butt and none of the buttons on the control panel would shut it off. I ended up taking off one sock and shoe and unplugging the seat with my toes. It was just far enough away that I couldn't reach it with my hands.

Was... An experience.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of countries had dozens of years where putting TP into the bowl would back up the plumbing hopelessly. There'd be a little dust bin that you'd put "used" TP in. As you can imagine, upgrading the plumbing happened eventually. However, a lot of old people will see a sign saying "Nah it's cool, dawg, just toss that poo poo right in" and think "The fools~ The plumbing couldn't possibly move TP!" :bahgawd:

And, so, that TP is going somewhere, but not in the bowl. No dustbin? The floor works just fine. Or the sink! Or the seat of the toilet! Or stuck to the wall like post its!*

*I have observed the end result of all of those brilliant ideas. And more. So much more. Life is like an Asian restroom...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

French Canadian posted:

Japanese urinals appear to pre-flush upon approaching them. Like they're really excited to see you or something.

Same in Korea.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pay toilets are man's greatest sin.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elbkaida posted:

Well they could just tell you to gently caress off, since you're not a guest, but I haven't experienced that yet.

I imagine being a white adult male probably was a major factor in me always getting away with it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Be afraid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elbkaida posted:

Well if everybody had that cool attitude, that is exactly what you would have to do! Think of the poor sod who will have to potentially unclog your poo poo, man!

To be fair a lot of those signs are posted by old folks who just assume the pipes can't handle it. I don't know how many times I've seen bins full of poo poo paper and a toilet that sounds like a 747 taking off.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I knew a girl in Asia who was shocked people could just stroll into hotels and go to the bathroom.

Coincidentally, she's a black South African.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Think soap on a rope except it's a metal pole at the exact same angle as a flacid knob.

:nws:

• Locked thread