Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
One thing I'm feeling kinda anxious about is the probability of needing to poo poo while traveling from the U.S. to Thailand via airplanes. Does anyone have any tips or strategies for making GBS threads while engaged in long airplane journeys that they'd like to share?

My trip will have 2 stops/layovers (3 flights). The first layover (in an American city) will be 3 hours and 45 minutes long, and the second layover (in an Asian city) will be 2 hours and 30 minutes long. I assume that making GBS threads in an airport would generally be preferable over making GBS threads on an airplane, but I would hate to miss a flight as a result of having lost track of time while wiping my rear end in an airport restroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Thanks very much for the advice and the warning about pooping in unfamiliar places! And yeah, it will be my first cross-ocean flight. The longest flight I've ever been on thus far in my life was a flight to Puerto Vallarta.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pilsner posted:

Doing it on an airplane is actually preferable. You can leave your stuff in your seat so you don't have to mess around with a bag and jackets/blouses, and the airplane toilets are usually well-equipped with tissue, TP, seat cover, soap, even moisturizer, etc. It's guaranteed to flush with massive force, and the sink is right there besides it for comfort. I'd say it's even preferably to an airport.

Yeah, this sounds pretty nice. I just worry about the possibility of someone going through my backpack and stealing stuff while I'm making GBS threads and wiping my rear end in the airplane lavatory. I suppose I'll use one of my locks to keep my backpack's laptop compartment locked shut.

Thanks so much for all of the posts, public toilet travel buddies!

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Well, uh, I'm pleased to report that I was able to take a nice and unstressful poo poo in the Hong Kong airport before my final flight to Bangkok. And none of my belongings have been stolen thus far. Now that I'm in Thailand, there's plenty of other stuff for me to feel stressed out about!

• Locked thread