Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

FZeroRacer posted:

Also the fact that you can be banned in For Fun mode because you overly targeted certain players is the most :psyduck: thing.

That was probably a poorly worded way of saying "If three people gang up on one person for an entire free for all match in order to grief them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The real Samus is just like "what the gently caress is this poo poo"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Scyther :colbert:

Also Greninja is so amazing, I just hope some other IPs get some representation. Nintendo, you finally have some kickass new IPs in Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade, don't let them just fall by the wayside.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's a small thing, but I really appreciate that the Halberd and Jungle Japes got updated to match the artstyles of the game instead of just being copypasted in like in Melee and Brawl.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

FZeroRacer posted:

Also the fact that you can be banned in For Fun mode because you overly targeted certain players is the most :psyduck: thing.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here. Perhaps this is an answer to those "taunt parties" you'd see online in Brawl, where people who just stood there taunting would gang up on someone who wanted to play the game normally.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

DK suicide grab confimerd. GOTY fellas!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Rhythm heaven character for Smash :cool:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was Smash Run confirmed for online play? I know he said multiplayer but didn't know if that was online or not.

Unconfirmed.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bluff Buster posted:

Perhaps this is an answer to those "taunt parties" you'd see online in Brawl, where people who just stood there taunting would gang up on someone who wanted to play the game normally.

I hope so. Those people were the worst. Wii's online was bad enough without them. I didn't need taunt spammers on top of it.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Gonna be honest, I'm really gonna miss the Trainer. He was a really unique character gimmick and (if you took out Stamina), having essentially three different fighting styles in one character made him super-versatile. Not to mention he was a perfect representation of the Pokémon franchise--you're a kid controlling a legion of super-powerful beasts, making split-second decisions about your team on the fly, and he was exactly that.
He was my first main in Brawl, too, so I have a lot of fond memories of competing in tournaments with him, too.

But, well, no more transformation characters means no more transformation characters, I guess. :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I liked the idea of having multiple characters on hand, but the way it turned out I really only used one for the most of a match, especially in Brawl when the transformation times got longer. I'm far happier with each character having a full special set now.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Continuing these from the previous thread:

Endorph posted:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier, but I just realized that if Proto Man is going to be in this game at all, then he really needs to be an Assist Trophy. Because that's pretty much what Proto Man's character is. He is Mega Man's personal Assist Trophy. It is his purpose, his very reason for living. To make him anything more than an Assist Trophy would violate the very essence of his being.

Bass, on the other hand, would be a fine Newcomer addition to the playable character roster. He's got a lot of great potential for a unique moveset, and he's got Treble to act as his counterpart to Rush.

I am still holding out hope that we may see Zero in this game in one form or another. At this point I don't really care whether he's a playable character or an Assist Trophy... as long as he makes it into the game as either of those, I'm happy.

Only if he does the whistle when he appears.

Well yeah, I mean, obviously. That almost goes without saying.

Cleretic posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier, but I just realized that if Proto Man is going to be in this game at all, then he really needs to be an Assist Trophy. Because that's pretty much what Proto Man's character is. He is Mega Man's personal Assist Trophy. It is his purpose, his very reason for living. To make him anything more than an Assist Trophy would violate the very essence of his being.

Bass, on the other hand, would be a fine Newcomer addition to the playable character roster. He's got a lot of great potential for a unique moveset, and he's got Treble to act as his counterpart to Rush.

We're probably only getting one Megaman assist, though, and it's Elec Man.

Which is hardly a bad thing, because Elec Man rocks.

Was there an announcement about this that I missed?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Here's to hoping they restore Fox McCloud's glorious upkick.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The reality of characters like Zelda/Sheik is that people preferred to only use one of them. The idea of a transforming character was neat in theory but it didn't pan out in practice, so the decision to split is good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Elec Man was shown in the montage of assist trophies during the direct. Looks pretty cool.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Internet Kraken posted:

Sceptile would be pretty cool. Chesnaught would be a joke.

Battlemech hedgehog is wonderful get the gently caress out

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was Smash Run confirmed for online play? I know he said multiplayer but didn't know if that was online or not.

Maybe. It sounds like he says it will be here, but it's worded weirdly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=2057s

In the section about Smash Run he does compare the random fighter part to a "simple online match".

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 9, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Was there an announcement about this that I missed?

Elec Man was in the Assist Trophy montage, he just got overshadowed by Pong.

I still absolutely love that we can say that Pong is in the new Smash Bros, and not be joking.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's not even Pong, it's a Pong knock-off :allears:

The Glory Days of Early Nintendo.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

I may have shed a tear at this. This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life, I don't even have to play the game now, I can die now.

Also, I love each of the troll moments in the Direct, they all got me pretty good. At least the ones that I caught when I wasn't freaking out in the IRC chat. What was there besides "Zero Suit Samus is now gone please understand NOPE JUST KIDDING" and "Trophy is totally Palutena, righNOPE IT'S PSEUDO-PALUTENA"

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:getin:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kurtofan posted:

It's not even Pong, it's a Pong knock-off :allears:

The Glory Days of Early Nintendo.

'Yes, Color TV-Game 15 is in it' didn't fit into the thread title.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I always treated Samus' power suit like a set of training weights meant to be shed at the earliest sign of trouble.

ZSS takes her training very seriously. :colbert:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh god I never even noticed the Blue Shell.

Wh...What does it do? :ohdear:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Monicro posted:

Battlemech hedgehog is wonderful get the gently caress out

Only thing Chesnaught is good at is getting killed :smug:

Supercar Gautier posted:

The real Samus is just like "what the gently caress is this poo poo"

At first I was disappointed about transformations being gone since I like to play Zelda/Shiek but this means I can finally play Samus again.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

FPzero posted:

Ends friendships in two separate franchises.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Yeah, Mega Man, whatever.

Anybody have a gif of that sweet Color TV-Game 15? :allears:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

You'll get a DLC costume if you're lucky. Nintendo has made it clear for years now that it has never cared about Raichu.
Hey, the based the most recent useless electric rodent off Raichu this time!

:smith:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The pseudo-Palutena assist trophy is interesting and ensures that her rumoured appearance will continue to grow, have they ever included an assist trophy so similar to someone on the roster?
They did show Dark Samus is an assist trophy now so it wouldn't really mean anything

edit-
Also I wonder if the Smash pros will have to get a bunch of the modded 3DSes to record fights during the time before the WiiU version is released.

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 9, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hah I hope Blue shell is an instant KO on whoever is in first place.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Sceptile would be pretty cool.
If Sceptile got in, I'd expect an irritating deluge of "HOENN REMAKE CONFIRMED" jokes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

More new items:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FPzero posted:

If it works like a blue shell from Mario Kart, it should fly around and home in on whichever player is in the lead.

On another note, this is the list of characters from Brawl who haven't been confirmed as returning.

quote:

Ike
Lucas
MetaKnight
Wario
Ice Climbers
Capt Falcon
Falco
Ganon
Jigglypuff
Game+Watch
Ness
Snake
Wolf

I'm guessing that Ike will get replaced by Chrom or Avatar from Awakening, but who else isn't likely to make the cut? I could see Falco or Wolf (or both) getting left out, since Star Fox isn't really a big enough franchise to support three characters. Especially with the newly-announced special move customization system, which may be used to give Falco/Wolf's special moves to Fox.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like this screenshot to be in the new thread too.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Metroid already has three separate assist trophies in the Wii U version, so I don't think we should necessarily assume Mega Man can't get a second.

In fact looking at some of these items, assist trophies and character reveals, we really shouldn't assume anything based on some arbitrary assumed rule based on the patterns of previous games when they they more often than not keep proving those notions wrong.

I am baffled by the amount of Mario Kart items that seemed to have made it in though.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I just noticed:

Jackass ledges on Final Destination confirmed for Smash4 :(

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
My internet decided to poo poo the bed as soon as Sakurai said that Samus' Final Smash "worked a bit differently" so I didn't even get to see the fake-out. Safe to say I would have screamed at my screen even louder than I did when it came back and saw ZSS was confirmed.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

.TakaM posted:

The pseudo-Palutena assist trophy is interesting and ensures that her rumoured appearance will continue to grow, have they ever included an assist trophy so similar to someone on the roster?
They did show Dark Samus is an assist trophy now so it wouldn't really mean anything

edit-
Also I wonder if the Smash pros will have to get a bunch of the modded 3DSes to record fights during the time before the WiiU version is released.

I don't think it was an assist trophy, just a regular trophy. There have been varied-appearance trophies of fighters before.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Just give me back Snake and this will be the perfect fighting game and I can die a happy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wyvernil posted:

If it works like a blue shell from Mario Kart, it should fly around and home in on whichever player is in the lead.

On another note, this is the list of characters from Brawl who haven't been confirmed as returning.

I'm guessing that Ike will get replaced by Chrom or Avatar from Awakening, but who else isn't likely to make the cut? I could see Falco or Wolf (or both) getting left out, since Star Fox isn't really a big enough franchise to support three characters. Especially with the newly-announced special move customization system, which may be used to give Falco/Wolf's special moves to Fox.

Honestly if they add some skins, you could just flat out add the custom movesets you want to Fox and make him whoever you want. I bet you can give Mario back his tornado down b if you want, or maybe the pills if you want.

• Locked thread