Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hah I hope Blue shell is an instant KO on whoever is in first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wyvernil posted:

If it works like a blue shell from Mario Kart, it should fly around and home in on whichever player is in the lead.

On another note, this is the list of characters from Brawl who haven't been confirmed as returning.

I'm guessing that Ike will get replaced by Chrom or Avatar from Awakening, but who else isn't likely to make the cut? I could see Falco or Wolf (or both) getting left out, since Star Fox isn't really a big enough franchise to support three characters. Especially with the newly-announced special move customization system, which may be used to give Falco/Wolf's special moves to Fox.

Honestly if they add some skins, you could just flat out add the custom movesets you want to Fox and make him whoever you want. I bet you can give Mario back his tornado down b if you want, or maybe the pills if you want.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I'd have to think Final Destination hugely favors Mac because with no platforms he has no reason to ever jump, his one weakness.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SilverSupernova posted:

Then you throw in Kirby or someone else who's in the air a lot.

Well you can just wait for him on the ground. He can't do anything to you from up there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, I still pull Air Ride out from time to time to play City Mode with some friends, and putting something like that into a far better, more robust game like Smash Bros is going to be amazing.

The WiiU version can't do the mode properly (everyone needs their own screen) but I hope it has something that's just as fun to fill that gap. Otherwise the 3DS version is going to be the only one people play.

That mode looked pretty lame to me. "Do half an hour of minigames to give your character a few stat boosts in a short battle."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

It is literally five minutes. Like that is the time limit.

I thought it was five minutes, then some other five minute thing where you dodge bullets, then another with some other condition, then battle.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Space T Rex posted:

Oh this reminds me, like someone else already said, why the gently caress doesnt skull kid crash a moon into the stage?!?!

Should be DK's final smash.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They probably just need to pad out the 3DS release schedule a bit cause after a brilliant year and a half they've exhausted a lot of major releases.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope there is a Wario stage in that crazy city from the Ware games and has all the background characters they didn't want to use as assist trophies, like Jimmy or the Dog/Cat taxi duo.

It would be similar to Onett with you in front of the gelato shop

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about this: What if there were a character unlock mode? You select a '?' silhouette and get "New Challenger Approaching!" and fight to unlock the character, but on a pretty high difficulty.

After you've unlocked them all, you can continue to play in the unlock mode, but instead of unlocking New Challengers, you face anyone in the game with the new custom moves, and you unlock those moves.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gutcruncher posted:

I think Id rather just get some friends over on Smash release day, pop in the disk, and fight. Ive had so many boners killed by games not allowing me to do just that.

You'd be able to do that, all the unlock matches would be available right from the start. It would take only as long as you took to beat them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They could add characters they had not previously even considered in the first place due to time constraints.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The models between 3d world, New U, and Smash actually are quite different. 3D world Mario is shorter and fatter for example.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Shulk is in the game but is GameStop exclusive. Each store will stock two copies.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
3DS needs an Earthbound stage based on Threed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Threed. 3D. Threed. See what am doing?

Moonside for WiiU.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just Peach upskirts and Zero Suit Samus rear end shots.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pretty sure you could do some Wolf missions in Star Fox: Command but yeah I can't think of a playable Ganaondorf.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tetra's Trackers or The Legend of Trains?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Samus is a girl, therefore when she fires a gun she needs to pose with her crotch open towards the audience.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

the word is kinda hosed up as a whole when you think about it (how dare this woman not be smart and also want to have sex) but that part there doesnt apply even to other M samus.

empty quote

Who has looser morals than a bounty hunter?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh! It's Wario time yeah yeah YEAAAH!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mr. Game and Watch likes to watch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

What about Fox, who already has similar ears AND a tail?

Giant tanooki testicles.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A DiGiornio or Freschetta frozen pizza is better than all chain delivery restaurants, cheaper, and usually ready sooner.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My dough doesn't flatten out enough; and I wouldn't want it to, it's for making batards.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pichu

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Have you SEEN Bowsers swagger in his new car? Dude is a total hustler.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm sorry we can't let you watch the tournament, that costume is just too big.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hasn't Link always switched hands in 2d games?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They're just selling character licenses to a third party.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope you can just buy whatever on the eShop. I don't want or need a bunch of lovely figurines, I'm a grown adult.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
To Nintendo October is Summer. Cause its summer til September 22 and October is less than a month later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
People have talked about Sami getting Snake's move set if he doesn't make it, but it would sure work for Jeff as well. The mortars and missiles would just be different kinds of bottle rockets. Up B would be bubble monkey.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

horriblePencilist posted:

Don't you get less invisibility frames if you wait until the platform dissolves on its own?

Yeah if you wait until it dissolves you don't get any invisibility frames. Also if you jump off immediately, or at any time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cliff Racer posted:

I own that plastic Mario, its actually super fragile, his arm broke after falling like three feet.

So he's the version from Donkey Kong.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Squallege posted:

Did they even do anything for the year of Luigi?

They had Luigi easter eggs all over the place in a ton of games, released New Super Luigi U, Luigi's Mansion 2, MArio and Luigi Dream Team which was mostly about Luigi's pathos, Dr. Luigi, NES Remix featuring super Luigi brothers, Luigi Bros. as an extra in Super Mario 3D world, painted some subway cars in Chicago with Luigi themed decor, had a guy in a Luigi suit walk all around New York and Chicago, made a mockumentary called "Finding Luigi" about looking for the legendary parkour master Luigi.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah that's definitely written by a 9 year old.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also if it were a real tournament the same women would probably be in it. The only entry barrier is the entry fee. At least two of them I recognize from a documentary about competitive gaming, and the third looks familiar from something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah that chaingrabbing woman would have been cool but I'm guessing her smash nickname of Syphilis wouldn't quite work out.

Also other dude don't say "females" when talking about people. Female or Male is only acceptable as an adjective for humans. Males and Females are wild animals.

An adult female person is called a woman. An adult male person is a man.

• Locked thread