Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

IronicDongz posted:

Yeah, let's also add Goomba and Waddle Dee, too. And nameless enemy soldier, popular character from the Fire Emblem series, can pick up Ike's slack.

You joke, but I would play the poo poo out of a character that was a random generic enemy character every time you got knocked off. Sometimes you get Goomba and die in one jump, but sometimes you get to be a Iron Knuckle and murder the hell out of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

TheKingofSprings posted:

For instance, from all of the above rosters I can tell that none of the people that made them played through Kid Icarus: Uprising or Fire Emblem: Awakening. :negative:

Well, yeah, but I know Nintendo isn't going to add the characters I want from those games. Hell, Goku is actually probably more likely then anyone from FE:A other then Chrom and maybe Lucina.

That said, I'd totally play a Super Emblem Bros. game.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

It's one of the long-lasting symptoms of Pac-Man Fever. You would understand if you suffered through that terrible disease.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Kurtofan posted:

Shulk is the main character of the game, it makes sense that people would want him in.

Yeah, but he suffers from RPG Protagonist Syndrome and is a really boring character. Almost every other party member is more interesting or entertaining then Shulk, especially Dunban and Riki.

Either way I'd love to see a Xenoblade stage, pretty much every area could be made into a beautiful level.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

The GBA didn't have that many RPGs when the first Golden Sun came out, in 2001. But then the GBA got a huge rear end wave of SNES ports, Pokemon, and other good RPGs, and after that there was zero reason to ever play Golden Sun ever again.

Well, some of the out of combat spell use was pretty neat. But it's certainly not worth replaying for the story or the battle system.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Someone who needs to play LTTP?

I mean, I thought part of the reason people liked LBW so much was that it was a semi-remake of LTTP and knowing LTTP made LBW more enjoyable.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

That's a silly way to confirm something, though. That's like saying that an assist trophy from a game means that there has to be a character from that series.

Don't get me wrong, I would totally enjoy some sort of Rhythm Heaven character. But I wouldn't count a random enemy showing up as confirmation for anything.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I'm still wondering if that was a misunderstanding or not. I can see why they would prevent people from playing online as custom Miis to prevent the game from being Super Smash Hitlers, but the idea that there's not even generic Miis to play as is kind of disappointing.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

The date's probably the build date for that version of the game. June 5th was probably when they finalized that build of the game for sending out to the test locations.

It might be worth trying to see if other people got hits from Nintendo employees with different build dates, in order to figure out if that multiple version rumor is true.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Bottom Liner posted:

Every other fighter is terribly skewed towards buff dudes and a few overly sexualized females. Smash has a lot of females that are both powerful and fully clothed :v:

pretend I posted an image of donkey kong followed by zero suit samus also a joke about how armored samus is really bad

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Heels are really dumb for anyone to fight in, because it's hard to run around and kick people while maintaining your balance. Plus, it's one of the overused character design things, where someone goes "I need to make this character more sexy, quick!" and throws heels on instead of making the actual character cooler or more interesting.

also yeah lol at "I only hate *some* feminists some are ok for being females"

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Waluigi owns they should put him in a smash game

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

True story: I bought F-Zero GX and it literally took me about a half hour to beat the first story mission.

Even the tutorial level is bullshit hard.

And the F-Zero AX thing makes sense when you realize they are basically the same game. The only difference is the hardware they run on, and even then the arcade machines were just running on modified Gamecube hardware.

Congratulations! You Won. fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 4, 2014

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Bloodly posted:

A concern that ain't been raised concerning the guy is variety of attacks.

Not really? They made Captain Falcon work and he's literally just a future F1 driver. Down B could be tail pogo, Side B could be a rushing grab, Neutral B shoots fireballs, and Up B would be some sort of flying attack.

His Final Smash could involve him flying off screen and then charging at people, sort of like Snake/Zero Suit Samus except you're shooting a dragon at people instead of grenades. Or it could be calling in Kraid for help, which would cause Kraid to show up on one side of the screen and start spamming stuff everywhere.

Now, if only he was somewhat different, like.. hmm, I dunno. I just can't think of it. Maybe he just needs to be a different color? No, that's not it...

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Speaking of Fire Emblem, my new bad idea is for them to include Robin and Morgan together as an Ice Climbers-style double character. It would be more fun then Anime Swordsman 4, and it would kinda make sense considering how much FE: Awakening relies on characters pairing up instead of fighting on their own.

Plus, probably only one of them would have blue hair! Maybe.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

IS worked on Super Metroid so they already have too many characters. I guess it's time to cut out Marth or Ike to balance things.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Suspicious Cook posted:

I still say they should forget Chrom and put in Sully instead. Complete with horse.

Well, yeah, Sully or Henry are much cooler then Chrom. Too bad Chrom's the main character.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

less laughter posted:

Fire Emblem Kart

I challenge my fate! *throws blue shell*

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

That's great.

They are going to keep Jigglypuff because she's been in every game so far and is a fan favorite, so don't worry so much.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

no but seriously sakamoto should be legally prevented from working on another metroid game

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Someone wanted to make a desk shaped like an NES cart.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Beta software, everyone.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

To be fair, that was totally true for the first two generations. After all, the only way they could add Mew to the original games was to remove almost all of the debug tools.

On the other hand, even if a modern 3DS cart was filled to the brim, it still wouldn't be the cause of the poor framerate. I just have to imagine Game Freak overshot the 3DS's power. It's kind of the opposite of how the Fire Emblem Awakening devs undershot it and then suddenly no one had feet.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

sout posted:

Huh, would have to upgrade my SD card then, have ordered a 3DS XL though, which I believe comes with 4GB. I may just stick with physical though...

Well, you can buy a 32GB SD card for like, 15-20 bucks now. There's no reason not to just buy one and copy over the data.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Well why else would the Gamecube have a handle if you weren't supposed to shake it around while its running?

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

As fake as that is, now I kinda want Duck Hunt rear end in a top hat Dog as a new character.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Reiley posted:

When people pick up on there being a gap between the top and bottom screens on the 3DS the fakes are gonna have to up their game again.

Well, it's clearly not running on an actual 3DS because you'd see it around the edges of the frame otherwise.

It could be intended to be from a 3DS capture kit, but that still doesn't make much sense because why wouldn't you just take a normal screenshot then? Also, why the hell would the ESRB have a 3DS capture kit?

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

codenameFANGIO posted:

:psyduck: That doesn't seem like a great system.
The ESRB pretty much exists just so the game industry doesn't get saddled with a real and independent content rating system, so I'm pretty sure the game companies don't mind.

Also, I don't really see how the ESRB person playing the game affects what rating it would get. It's kinda like saying movie ratings should only be done by people who helped work on the movie. Objectionable content is objectionable content, no matter what you have to do to make it show up on your screen.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Echo Chamber posted:

And that fake energy tank from Metroid Fusion.

That jerk still gets me every time. I know one of the pickups is really a mimic, but I never remember which one it is.

Then again, I laugh about it instead of freaking out.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Davinci posted:

I hope its real. That Duck Hunt render is just too good, I'll be very disappointed if it's fake.

it might be real

edit no its fake as poo poo

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Either way, all of the Fire Emblem characters look similar, probably because they are all Fire Emblem characters done in the same art style.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't overlap.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Personally, my dumb Fire Emblem character idea was a "Shepards" character that worked kind of like Pokemon Trainer's switch between pokemon, except with a melee dude, a caster, and cavalry. That way they could have added a bunch of characters and it could lead to some unique new movesets.

Then again, I found out that they got rid of transforming characters literally a few minutes after I thought about it. Also it was a bad idea anyways.

Also also,

axelsoar posted:

There had best be an Owain assist trophy.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

IronicDongz posted:

This is exactly the crux of why oddium is actually right. The switching weapons and aiming and everything in Super Metroid is really loving bad, Zero may lose some complexity but most of what it lost was chaff and it's a better game for it. Ideal dream 2d metroid would be somewhere in between with more or less Zero's controls but some more item variety

Literally the only fault with Super Metroid is the item switching, though. And honestly, I've gotten used to it. I bet a Super Metroid 3DS remake would be great, they would just need to bind items to the D-Pad and add missiles to RB.

I dare you to say something else wrong with the game. You can't. It's Super "Goddamn" Metroid.

Also mods please rename this thread to "Metroid Megathread also there's a new smash bros maybe"

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I never enjoyed the Spider boss in Fusion. It's still a great game, a few minor problems aside.

Also it's your problem if you don't enjoy shooting a lizard so many times he falls into lava and gets turned into a skeleton.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

The dog kinda looks like a children's cartoon character, which is probably the best way to translate Duck Hunt's sprites into the modern era.

It really does come down to how great the taunt it, though.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Captain Pissweak posted:

What the hell happened to cause 900 posts that I'm not reading.

Sakurai worked himself to death, an intern accidentally deleted the source code, game is canceled.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Volt Catfish posted:

I could be wrong myself, but as far as I remember they (successfully) reclassified it from T to M because the models had bare tits (or something?) and the game was significantly more violent than originally presented to them (decapitations if your skill gets high enough)

None of that is in the base game.

It's just that Bethesda's games are easy to mod and the first thing everyone makes is a nude mode and an increased violence mod.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

At the very least, his victory music is You Will Know Our Names, so I have to imagine more songs will show up.

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Nier is kind of a bad game that's worth slogging thru for the story and music.

Xenoblade is a good game that suffers from being on the Wii, and from literally having way too much content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Erebus posted:

See, people who think that Nier had a good story is what makes me wary.

I get the impression that Xenoblade is like Nier or the Last Remnant (or even FFXII to some extent) in that JRPG developers got a real boner the last generation for trying to replicate MMOs in single player games by making lots of giant loving fields with nothing to do in them but smack some monsters around.

It's pretty much that, so it sounds like it isn't the game for you.

It's OK though, here in the Smash Bros thread we can all be friendly people who respect other people's opinions about video games.

• Locked thread