Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

DK suicide grab confimerd. GOTY fellas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The downside of the (awesome) SSB4 direct is that the following daily updates have been rather underwhelming.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

He can, and he will.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You can't judge an animation based on one frame. Well, you can, but it is not a fair assessment.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I haven't played w101, but I take it that part of the idea of the game is that you control 101 characters at once, right? Maybe the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle that many things on screen for attacks or whatever.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Excels posted:

No see, the point is you are one of the Wonderful 101. Everyone is. There is a superhero in all of us.

Also, if Choir Boy from Rhythm Heaven does show up as all the rumors claim, I bet a lot of people are gonna be mad seeing who got excluded while he made the cut.

e: but then again people will be mad regardless of, well, anything

Oh, okay.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

Glad to see old favorites Bitch and Boner are back, along with newcomers Bitch Two and Chef Ramsey.

I think it actually says "Bitch emo"

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

The gently caress is that giant fleshy enemy?

Clubberskull from KI:U
If you leave it alone it doesn't do anything but if you wake him up you are in for a tough fight.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I hope you can tie character customization to names, like you could with control schemes. Otherwise people will have to re-customize stuff before every single match and that will suck.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wild Knight posted:

I stopped in a Panera this morning for some coffee and the barista, seeing my Mario shirt, immediately started talking about how she went to Best Buy on Saturday with her friends and they spent 3 hours in line to play for 2 minutes but it was totally worth it and she won while not being used to the completely new Rosalina.

It warms my heart when people are so enthusiastic about stuff like this, Smash brings everyone together :unsmith:

Everyone, except pros and casuals.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I doubt he even writes them himself in English.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm ok with that, I will be playing as zoidberg anyway.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

You do realize this game probably has hundreds of people working on it. The people working on custom moves aren't the people doing characters or stages, and 'throw more people at it' doesn't necessarily get more stuff done more quickly.

Not to mention that Sakurai games always have shittons of additional content. As far as additional content goes, customization is pretty cool.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

...That said, I am definitely not throwing out the possibility of this being ludicrous effort put into a practical joke. This is, after all, 2014, and the average fan has much more technology and resources at their disposal than they did in even the days of Brawl, when your uncle at Nintendo was about the height of what you could put out. Nowadays...people can make games that look roughly competitive with AAA releases, if smaller, fueled by caffeine and free time. It is not entirely out of the realm of possibility for a group of people to have actually fabricated this...but it is definitely looking less and less likely. But until I see some update from Nintendo either confirming or denying it's veracity, I'm not gonna hold this as absolute. Especially given the whole Duck Hunt playing Banjo Kazooie when indeed the dog's primary purpose was to make sure shot birds were killed dead and carry them back...even if in-game he just popped up and laughed at you before going away. Usually when making characters for a fighting game you'd focus on ones that like...did...stuff in their games!

As an animator I have to say that this would require waaaay too much work for a fake. While many people have access to the tools not many would be technically proficient enough to pull it off, not to mention it would take tons of time to model, rig, animate and blend the characters in.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Motto posted:

Dark Pit is pretty lame as a choice, but considering that he's a literal clone of Pit but still has a separate slot somehow, I'm betting that he's not a clone. He probably has the same weight, speed, and up-B, but all his other moves are probably different KI:U weapons. I think three reps for KI is excessive, but this would work out in representing the series' mechanics:

Pit is his KI:U version and has a few new weapons, but still represents aspects of the NES/GB games by mainly using his bow.
Dark Pit is presumably all about the various other weapon types that Uprising introduced.
Palutena uses the various power-ups you could customize yourself with.

It's too bad that Hades didn't make it in. Hopefully as a stage.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Sixteen?

Oh... Japan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

That's when we will know everything definitively!

I'm not sure that makes it any better. :v:

• Locked thread