Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

For Fun - items, no Final Destination, only wins count
For Glory - no items, Final Destination Only, wins and losses count

I didn't watch the stream but this sounds like a really good way to keep things chill and a good compromise between E-SPORTS and the rest of us. Of course I'm getting the 3ds version only since I don't have a Wii U, so, really, who's really going to care there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

Only thing Chesnaught is good at is getting killed :smug:

At first I was disappointed about transformations being gone since I like to play Zelda/Shiek but this means I can finally play Samus again.

I really liked playing as both Samus and ZSS, though they really needed a way besides breaking your thumb taunting to switch from armored to unarmored, and back again. Especially since the zero laser is suicide to use because of the delay between when you can fight back.

Also wow they keep making the zero suit design worse and worse.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So with the 3ds version, what button's going to relate to the z-button on the gamecube version? Just have the right trigger be for blocking and dodging and the left trigger for grabbing/grappling?

F. Lobot posted:

Let's take a moment to acknowledge how effin' pretty the new Final Destination is.

It's a better looking Metroid stage than the actual Metroid stage.

When they showed off the 'Alternate Destinations' I noticed some of them had slanted edges, and some of them had walls. How exactly does that work?

This looks like it fell out of Soul Calibur.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder if they're going to do anything more with Samus/ZSS's final smashes then having the giant laser just not make the armor fall off and just buff the crystal flash to do more damage.

And where the hell is ROB.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space T Rex posted:

Zelda and Sheik have different eye colors, what the Christ? Is it magic? Eye magic? Why hide your face if you can magically change it?

Her face and build also look different. She's not just wearing a bunch of bandages.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TARDISman posted:

I'd love Simon Belmont, but he's pretty unlikely since it seems like they've gone out of their way to get rid of up+B's that involve chains like Olimar's Pikmin chain and I can't think of any other way that they'd do his up+B.

So what's ZSS going to do then? Her Up+B and her grab is a chain, along with Samus's grapple beam. Are they taking out the Links' hookshots too?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

horriblePencilist posted:

Come on, give it up already. Ridley won't be playable.

I've been reading some reactions on ZSS and they're really annoying. A lot of people complain that Samus wouldn't wear a skin-tight bodysuit to fight. No loving poo poo, that's why she wears the Varia Suit.

The best thing Metroid Prime 3 did was to have it so everyone wore a zero suit underneath the armor. Early in the game you walked past a lot of people in different colored form fitting zero suits and they looked just as stupid as Samus did. This doesn't make the design not awful or anything but I thought Retro's way of dealing with it was funny.

I hope I can still toss armor pieces at other people at the start of the game as ZSS at least. That's always good for a free kill!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 10, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kurtofan posted:

I have to say that the Dark Samus assist trophy looked awesome and I really hope we get her next time.

The final smash could have her turn into Metroid Prime.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress Lucas. Whenever my friends get together and we play Brawl he's the one character who consistently smacks my rear end down. I hope he's cut out of spite. :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

horriblePencilist posted:

Aw man, you got me thinking about AA5 and now I can't get it out of my head.

Pic of the day:

Her right shoulder. And left elbow. :stare:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

greatn posted:

Seriously who the gently caress in history uses up to jump and why is it the default control scheme?

Me. I also don't use the c-stick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TaurusOxford posted:

Even the most item-loving, FD-hating casuals use the goddamn c-stick in Smash.

I didn't even know I could until I accidentally brushed it one day. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's this Amibo thing I heard about? I was only half paying attention to the stream.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hivac posted:

gently caress yeah, that Super Metroid seizurerainbowlaser.

I can't watch video at work, is that Samus's new final smash?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bicyclops posted:

HI-YI-YI-YAA!

You're too slow!

I probably taunt with Sonic twice as much as I attack.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TaurusOxford posted:

I would have fainted if it was the actual Light Suit. As it is, i'm just happy they acknowledged Echoes. :)

Samus did have a Dark Suit coloration in Brawl. Actually, they gave her a ton of colors from the games, even the NES Varia one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's always kind of bugged me that the suit since Metroid Prime has her arms just coming straight down out of the ball pauldron things instead of attached to her shoulders.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Huh that's weird why are there 1000 new po-:stare:

Hell yes. So is it Chrom, Lucina, and Robin as separate characters or is Chrom a back-up for one? Either way I've got some new mains.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TaurusOxford posted:

Chrom is Robin's Final Smash.

Oh ok, sweet. I'm going to have a lot of fun as Robin.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know I admit it, Smash is making me consider a Wii U.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You can take your characters back and forth between the 3ds and Wii U right? Does the amiibo statues things play into that?

I really wish Smash and that squid game weren't the only interesting games on Wii U right now, I can't justify buying a console for just two things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok I forgot about W101 and Pikmin. I didn't like Wind Waker (I'm the mutant who thinks Twilight Princess is a better game), not a huge fan of Mario Karts after Double Dash, and thought Mario 3d Land on the 3ds wasn't that great. Maybe I'll take a look at the Wii U again later this year.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Terper posted:

oh gently caress

oh man

Great, now I'm hoping that one of the spells or another has that little magic symbol Sages would draw before attacking.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE loving MOON posted:

Who caressssssssss. For all we know he can end up being broken because his moves are really powerful. It's not like they're going to give him am 'ammo count' without making it stronger in compensation.

edit: Nosferatu has got a lot of potential, I wasn't expecting it to heal a percentage of all damage done while the effect is active. I wonder if that applies to damage dealt with items too.

I'm just curious if there's a way to recover charges or if you get some back over time or something or if you have to die to regain the Levin Sword/Elwind.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hellioning posted:

So in addition to SMT x Fire Emblem, they're also doing an Advance Wars/Fire Emblem crossover! Of course!

Please Nintendo.

The sacred tank of Ragnell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

It goes on far too long. Even fakes the boss being dead then it gets up and you do the exact same thing you've done 3 or 4 times already about 5 more times with absolutely no changes.

I would have found the repeated and unfun the first time boss, the three levels you keep returning to, the shields with HP (which pairs poorly with getting stunlocked by the beamos, having your thousand rupee investment wasted) and being told what everything is repeatedly significantly more tolerable if the controls worked right. I got really good at using every other item but the sword for combat. The bow was a godsend by the end and the one part of the controls that actually consistently worked. Motion controls are poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kelp Plankton posted:

Due to hitbox stuff they're probably not going to introduce any of the size changes (smaller or larger) that were options. But don't be surprised if, among this particular medium-size bodytype, they have most of the hairstyle/haircolor combos available as costumes.

I wonder if the 3ds model for Robin and Lucina will have feet or not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can someone sum up for me what happened in the last 2000 posts, I apparently missed it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

So basically Shulk, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt are all in. Maybe others.

I don't care about Shulk but Duck Hunt dog is going to be hilarious.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I wish there was this way that people could find any information they were searching for without taking the time to ask a question. and then wait for the same group of people to answer it for the ninth or tenth time. It'd be great, you could type something in like "Smash Bros news" and see what kind of results you could get.

Gee, that's actually a really good idea. I'd probably call it a search engine.

I knew there was a 'leak' but I figured it was as bullshit as every other one in existence. :shobon:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holding out hope that the big shadow at the end of Shulk's trailer is Dr. Wily riding Ridley. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leadthumb posted:

I get that they wanted to keep the pink samus palette in like the green one, but don't pretend it's the gravity suit from super metroid.

I'm on to your games sakurai.

I always thought it was supposed to be the pink and blue setup you could get in NES Metroid.

• Locked thread