Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Captain Pissweak posted:

I missed the direct thing and I've only just seen the website.

Why Greninja in particular?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2SuYAjrdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.

I always picked grass until Chespin ended up evolving into the worst pokemon ever. Sceptile, however, would be a badass smash bro and they're clearly saving him until they announce the RSE remakes.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 9, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'm surprised they didn't do a section on controls, being that Brawl was really good about customizing controls I don't see it being an issue but it'd be nice to know that I'll be able to switch the buttons to whatever the hell on the 3DS.

Half the reason I changed my controls is because I think it's really funny when we have to rotate players and the first person who's using my name has this moment of complete bafflement when they try to jump and taunt instead, grab when they're trying to shield or jump when they want to grab. Then they tell me my controller's broken.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Space T Rex posted:

Also I really hope they bring Captian Falcon out of the poo poo tier this time. He is so fun to play as, but they ruined all of his combos in Brawl. :(

Combos in general didn't really work at all in Brawl and Falcon definitely suffered worse than anyone for it. His knee also got nerfed to poo poo which is pretty unforgiveable. Falcon didn't get poo poo on as hard as Jigglypuff, though. Rest was barely stronger than a good smash attack and didn't even get to keep its cool flame effect.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 9, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Excels posted:

I think a lot of people who want Waluigi are just trying to satisfy their OCD, since we have literally the entire main Mario cast except him or Toad.

Well, technically we have Toad. We don't have Bowser Jr. yet, and he would actually be a cool character to recycle some of Squirtle's moveset into.

e: v name something ROB has ever done

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 9, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Charizard is lame, Pikachu's lame, Lucario is ultra lame. Put in Piplup, it was the best pokemon in Brawl.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

I think a majority of people who play Smash games probably don't really care about Nintendo franchises outside of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. I know most of my friends don't even know where half the characters in the roster come from.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

DLTN posted:

Why are people trying to put an objective value to peoples' subjective motivations to purchase a console in this thread

"throw away money you don't have for a single game"

"don't spend your own hard earned money on what can be countless hours of quality entertainment for you"

I actually hate video games so I'm glad this thread was here to convince me not to buy a Wii U.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

So there's this indie documentary making the rounds that gives a pretty interesting look at the competitive Smash community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0FhRGhgFs

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo could care less if Sakurai is a perfectionist if it means that they can make a shitload of extra money selling us DLC characters. People would happily pay for Mewtwo, Ridley, Ray 01, Saki, etc.

I think it's more likely that they would release DLC alternate costumes. I know I would absolutely pay for a Punch-Out DK or pink hoodie Little Mac skin.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

In P:M it fucks with your air momentum and fall speed so it was good for recovering in weird and unpredictable ways. It might have done that in Brawl too, I really don't remember. Giving them a hitbox also helped a lot. Otherwise no they were pretty awful moves!

Lucas' magnet in Project M is so amazing. It's like Mario's cape combined with Wolf's shine and you can do that weird physics exploit where you use it after shooting a PK Freeze and you fly through the air lookin' like a wizard or some poo poo. Now I'm disappointed that in Smash 4 he's either going to be boring and awful or non-existent.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

I will go to my grave without understanding how anyone could possibly give a poo poo about Pac-Man the character.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

As for Pac-Man the majority of Pac-related games released in the last 6-7 years are targetted at long-time pac-loving adults, like Namco Museum Remix, Pac-Man Museum, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions, etc. I think that Namco would want you to believe that Pac-Man is still popular with all audiences, but ultimately they know where their bread is buttered.

Yeah, if you're like 40 then I guess you probably like Pac-Man the game but the target audience for this game probably doesn't even know what an arcade was, and Pac-Man is like the least hype character ever. Like, I would be less excited for this game if they announced Pac-Man.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Space T Rex posted:

Who was the anime man with the keysword and Disney friends? I never even played it but that was the dumbest thing ever. Was that even nintendo though? May have been Sony actually...I don't remember. If it was nintendo, he better not be a possibility.

I don't think they'd put Master Chief in Smash Bros, no.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

I don't know any of these animes people are talking about but I think funk pioneer George Clinton should be a character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

For your consideration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=733O0xJDx8o

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 15, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Endorph posted:

Fighting Assist Trophy team.

Fighting Waluigis.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Lightsaber looks pretty as hell, but there has to be a reason for this breakthrough in graduation technology. Travis Touchdown confirmed for Brawl.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

Ivysaur was cool and his normals were basically all cool, but his specials felt so lovely.

Could the tip of her up-B KREEENNG people like a home-run bat or is that only In PM? Because that poo poo is pretty visceral.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Both of those characters are cool actually, as are Bowser, DK, Wario, Peach, Olimar, Mario (which is "Olimar" backwards, for those not in the know), Falco, Kirby, Pikachu, Wolf, Lucario, Mewtwo, Roy, Ganondorf, Zelda, Ike, Charizard, Link, Captain Falcon, Dedede, Metaknight, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Rob, Villager, Samus, Li'l Mac, Sonic, Snake, ZSS, Yoshi, Diddy, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Ness, Lucas, Pit, and Toon Link.

Basically everyone other than Jigglypuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdabIVj1Xc

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Oh please, we all know ground-based juggernauts are where the real hype is

Oh yeah, gorilla's hype as poo poo and his Punch-Out skin is like the best thing about Project M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyl9fnb34Xo&t=30s

He's a lot harder to play drunk than Jigglypuff though and he doesn't make a funny noise when you slip'n'slide so that takes him down a couple of tiers

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 29, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

Just take a genre Nintendo doesn't currently have a franchise for, and give it to those two.

Like a beat-em-up. Nintendo doesn't have their own beat-em-up.

If Platinum made a Beat-'em-up featuring the Wa Bros. I would buy like at least three Wii U's.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

Who the gently caress is Dillion?

He's one of Sonic's friends, right? The one with the motorcycle?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Someone needs to tell Mew2King that when your hair recedes that much, just shave it all off.

Every time he loses his hairline recedes one milimeter.

Also holy poo poo Diddy mirrors are unwatchable.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are coming out in November. So basically Sceptile confirmed for Brawl Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

e: vvv he's a badass dinosaur, it's not his fault kids are dumb and terrible

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 7, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

I want Mewtwo back because his tail made funny noises and kinda looked like a wiener.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

e: also just because this thread gets more traffic than the P:M one, I'm gonna post my request for P:M Donkey Kong, MK, and Wario videos here too.

Watching Strong Bad pretty much made Donkey Kong my P:M main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxx1nXvbqkA

He also wrote a super in-depth guide if you like words http://smashboards.com/threads/ape-academy-an-in-depth-guide-on-project-m-donkey-kong.335542/

Grab, cargo, full hop, up throw, double jump, fair for style points

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Actual style combo is replacing the fair with a charged B. Get good.

I feel strongbad needs to use cargo down throw more often, it's a good mix-up. But maybe it's really easy to DI or something.

I use it a lot on my friends followed by a dash attack and then usually an up-tilt and it usually works, but I don't know if they're DI'ing it right.

e: vvv I like white DK because he looks like Skips from Regular Show

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 15, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Not really. It's all hot birds and kangaroos these days.

Talonflame would actually be kinda cool as a Jigglypuff / Kirby type character. And Kangaskhan could easily be a big dumb brawler like Bowser. Actually, just make an all pokemon Smash Bros. already, gently caress it.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Lessail posted:

Sakurai is a washed up has been keeping smash bros down!!

he should be fired, and the development handed over to the gods amoung men that are the project m team so that an actual good game can be released!!!!

Nintendo and skaurai, living in the past, can't see how bad for smash they are ... smdh

Wisdom

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Zonekeeper posted:

The main reason you should play Project M is that it un-nerfs Jigglypuff. :colbert:

This is true but they also gave every character that wasn't a melee top tier a ridiculous recovery so she's still bad against like 75% of the cast. But Rest actually does something again and that's all that matters.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

He's bad if you suck :colbert:

Actually, he's bad if you're good.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Axe is really making me want to learn how to play Pikachu. This carnage.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Endorph posted:

So is a random animal crossing raccoon.

Well yeah, they confirmed Pikachu a while ago.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

I traditionally mained Jigglypuff because she's hilarious and no one respected her until Brawl made her unplayable and I favored Pikachu for the short time I actually played it. I'm assuming Smash 4 'Puff is still not going to be close to as badass as she was in Melee so I'm probably going with Wii Fit Trainer because she's kind of a similar "joke" character and I kinda want to main someone other than a Digimon for once.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

sout posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not a massive Metroid fan, but I seriously do not get why people like Ridley so much.

I hate Metroid games but Ridley is loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

I just wanted to tell you all I like Lucina and also have no girlfriend. Thank you for your time.

I have a girlfriend and she likes Lucina but I don't play Final Fantasy and Awakening sounds pretty violent for a dating sim.

• Locked thread