Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh god I never even noticed the Blue Shell.

Wh...What does it do? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

NTT posted:

It's much easier to have Hair as an Object attached to a point (back of head) and then just apply preset animations to it. The character model is just a bunch of hitboxes with aesthetically pleasing graphics over top. It would be very intensive to have hair actually interact with bodies.

Case in point, the new Tomb Raider has a special graphic setting on PC that goes above Ultra Quality and the only difference is a special hair renderer to make Lara's hair actually be affected by wind and collision. I have a pretty great computer capable of running highest settings on a lot of games but that setting just tanked my framerate when I tried turning it on. It's incredibly intensive to do hair collision, though I guess you could argue they really didn't need to animated every individual strand of hair in Tomb Raider's case.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I loved how the Camera was always available in Brawl and I hope that it returns in an even more robust way for Smash 4.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Geo Fixer posted:

Why the heck hasn't there been an HD remake of Metroid Prime? I bet if Nintendo ported the Prime Trilogy to the Wii U they would make a killing.

I know I would definitely pay for an HD remake of Prime because it is my favorite game of all time but I think I'd rather see Retro do a new Metroid game entirely at this point instead of another, albeit very pretty, version of Prime (Trilogy).

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This is pretty great.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I would not have predicted Ike come back. My reaction right now was just a quiet "whaaaat" out loud.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The outline is going over Marth's head, unless that's supposed to be the transparent "hovering over the character" image of him, in which case I ask where the pointer hand is on the P1 token.

Not to mention that if I'm counting right there are about 54 slots for characters there.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Kins posted:

Just a sentient tornado of bodily fluids and social issues, Gamecube controller hovering threateningly in the centre.

The Gamecube mod challenge will return in a literal shitstorm.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Because not everyone may have seen the newcomer posters:

Palutena

Pacman

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Really want that Samus amiibo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Looked like a World Map for me. It's probably for a 1-player mode.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Captain Falcon looked GOOD in the Awakening cutscene style.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I remember buying the Brawl players guide when it came out not because I needed it, but because I just felt like I wanted it. I loved the NP players guides as a kid and used to read them a ton for games like DKC and Banjo-Kazooie.

Sometimes you just want a big book of video games.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

What I noticed is that the blue color scheme is the same as the one from Fusion's endings:

So it's kind of like having two alt costumes.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'll probably stop reading this thread and let my friends know I'm attempting to avoid spoilers and leave it at that. if I get spoiled oh well I tried.

Alternatively, I could use some time offline.

e: what the gently caress is going on in the post above

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It is important to continually bring up Other M's badness so that we as a society do not repeat its mistakes again.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Pyroi posted:

I believe you mean this

The correct answer is this.

e: above poster knows what's up. :hfive:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I really like how Sakurai doesn't ever stick with one composer for a game and always just gets, like, all of them.

Every Japanese video game composer GET IN HERE

I would imagine it must be a lot of fun for some composers to get a chance to make remixes of classic Nintendo songs they might have grown up with themselves or heard while doing music for other companies. I know I would feel that way were I a composer. Nintendo music is generally pretty iconic, so to get the chance at putting your own take on a song must feel great.

Probably why there are so many internet remixes of Nintendo songs out there.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Super, Fusion and Zero Mission are all great games that everyone should play but Prime is still king.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Funny enough, Wario Land 4 and Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission all run on the same engine. The debug rooms for both have Wario Land 4 graphics in it:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Is the 3DS really that bad in terms of power? Everyone keeps saying Ice Climbers would make it crash with 8 AIs running around but I've always felt like the 3DS was about on par with a Gamecube and Melee handled the ICs just fine. Of course I have no technical specs to compare but visually they look similar.

And then there's the whole issue of Rosalina and Olimar being in the game with no apparent trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

absolutely anything posted:

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER FUCKER

If I remember correctly, this actually crashes the game when you type it in. :allears:

• Locked thread