Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Internet Kraken posted:

Adding Greninja instead of Hawlucha is the only bad thing I've heard about this game so far. So it looks pretty good!

Are you going to be able to play online with more than one person? It'd be nice to fight with 4 humans but still be able to play with my brother.

Pokemon-wise, I just want a Grass starter in to balance the others out. Venusaur or Chesnaught would be just as good. If Blastoise joined in as a Mega, that'd be just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Pissweak posted:

I missed the direct thing and I've only just seen the website.

Why Greninja in particular?

It's the first real ninja pokemon.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Excels posted:

But what would he do? He has no unique characteristics whatsoever.

Isn't it kind of a joke that Waluigi has absolutely nothing going for him beyond being Luigi's "evil counterpart"? Hell, even Luigi basically just ignores him when he tries to start a rivalry in those spin-off games.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

LanceKing2200 posted:

I challenge any of the Waluigi fans to name anything he has ever done in an actual game. No, taunts, victory poses and the like don't count because Wario or another character could do them and nothing would be lost. Name something, anything, that Waluigi has actually done.

He's impotently fumed while Luigi completely shrugs off his attempts at evil and acted as Wario's sidekick?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

They need to add one of the Alphadreams Mario & Luigi characters like fawful as an assist trophy or something. It's weird that neither Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi has had any representation in Smash yet.

Now I want to see Mario and Luigi getting some sort of combo Final Smash where they pull off one of the more popular Bros. Attacks.

VVVEdit: The official stance is that there is no confusion and never was. Mario was just confused because Vivian's sister insulted her by calling her a man among other things.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 9, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm not the greatest follower of the Mega Man franchise, but what iteration of Mega Man is the one between the OG and Legends in that final smash picture? I understand that from left-to-right is Battle Network, X, Original, ?, and Mega Man Legends.

I tried playing a fighting game on my 3DS XL to see how it would feeling playing Brawl on the system. I don't really like it. I think I will wait for the Wii U version.

VVVVV

I thought Star Force was a part of the Battle Network series, thanks.

It's the sequel to Battle Network that focuses waaaayyy too much on friendship. It's also the last Mega Man franchise for the foreseeable future. Only Might No. 9 will follow if Inafune can get enough funding.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Calihan posted:

The funny thing is he would still murder most of the cast even as that. As long as no one tipped him over.

He did somehow manage to kill one of Adam's redshirts offscreen. Not that I, the writer, or the characters apparently gave a drat about the guy.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Crawfish posted:

I don't think people should get too hyped about Eevee. There was footage of it being used in the direct and it looks like it just uses Take Down on people.

Well, that sounds pointless. What makes it any different from any other small mammal pokemon if it just tackles into people?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Zain posted:

Pokemon is pretty much the one franchise that I'm okay has multiple representatives. Mostly cause they all feel unique.

Besides, being away from the shackles of a turn-based RPG with four move limits would let most of them really show off. Smash Bros: Pokemon Edition would be the game that everyone who ever purchased a game in that series wanted from the day they first saw the little monsters.

It'd be like the anime, but actually good.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think she's a particularly interesting choice if she gets in, but maybe they'll surprise me. Most of her moves are varieties of laser beam and it's easy enough to see how they'd fit into a moveset (final smash: Palutena Glam Blaster) but it's pretty generic and uninspiring.

Much as I'd love to see her (really, anybody from Uprising) get in, I agree that she does seem kind of redundant. Especially with Rosalina already filling the graceful, goddess character already.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Why not just make DLC characters? Nintendo's finally using DLC for other games, so why not Smash?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

They'd have to retool the series the same way they did Kid Icarus, because the original Ice Climbers game is kind of poo poo.

Massive tundra platformer with wacky, terrible-but-endearing jokes with the polar bear in sunglasses and shorts as a sidekick? That of Skyrim: Junior?

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 14, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

For the Metwo fans.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Icy Penguigo posted:

When it came out there basically weren't any other options for portable JRPGs. The gameplay/puzzles were good, the graphics were great for the time, and the music was pretty good, too. The writing was ATROCIOUS, but a lot of people (myself included!) enjoyed it as a kid and are nostalgic for it. Plus, Isaac is a sword wielding geomancer with a cool design, he'd be a great character in smash.

You could put in Mathew instead but I mean, he's just exactly the same as Isaac except less people would recognize his name.

I liked him mostly for the fact that unlike every other JRPG protagonist, he avoided fire, electricity, and/or light for earth. That is a very rare choice in that genre.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

DrPaper posted:

What ever happened to recurring pre-Brawl poll toppper Geno from Super Mario RPG?

Square-Enix's lawyers happened.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Amppelix posted:

You can use Copy to get boss powers before defeating them, and for getting Crash off of the one-eyed monstrosities :colbert:

Sure, if you don't mind having effectively no power until or you really like the one shot screen clearing on enemies that respawn. Otherwise, it's about as useful as letting Kirby copy Dedede in Brawl.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Many screenshots involving the five characters of the Direct have been posted:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157644096275264/

Sonic riding Charizard is like somebody popped open my eleven-year-old dreams.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I find it hilarious that everyone was saying "Greninja is super popular in Japan" and reading "Yeah Greninja must be loved by foreigners"

So nobody know exactly who the frog ninja is popular with? Huh, didn't see that coming.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I thought FE Awakening's popularity was kind of an anomaly. That they were planning to end the entire series on it before it became the most popular of them all.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

Chrom is hilarious in a lot of the DLC stuff. He works fine as a straightman.

Yeah, but a straight man, by definition, has to be contrasted with a more dynamic character. Not the kind of thing easy to pull off in a game without much talking.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It could be four with Waluigi! He oozes so much personality it spills over onto the fans.

Using Deviantart is unfair; some of the people there are barely sane and horny on a level that defies description. There's probably several hundred entries on the forbidden love between Mario's left shoe and a koopa's shell. Almost half of those would be fat fetish variants.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 22, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Steering the conversation in a slightly different direction, what are the odds of Meta Knight and possibly someone else from Kirby getting back in. Next to DDD and Kirby himself, he's the biggest part of the Kirby universe. I know Sakurai said he didn't want to over-represent his own series, but Kirby is pretty huge in Japan I hear, and even though MK was broken in brawl, I still enjoyed him and hope he makes it back.

Only if he gets his 4Kids fake Spanish accent. Darth Vader voice was good, but I can just hear all his lines in that voice and just smile.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

I don't get it. Her new pose looks way better. The old one looks like she's settling in to take a dump on the floor.

It looks more dynamic, sure, but not better. The old pose was somewhat realistic looking for someone shooting a gun with intent to actually hit the opponent. The new one is some goofy comic-book style nonsense that has her bending at unnatural angles to get as much of her body into the frame as possible.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Now that any Metal Gear representation is probably out of the question Pit and Palutena could take the place of Snake and Otacon. :3:

I'd buy both games twice for the Divine Peanut Gallery to comment on every character.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

Remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are coming out in November. So basically Sceptile confirmed for Brawl Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

I know you're talking about making a Grass Starter a fighter to balance the Fire and Water (of which I approve), but was Sceptile ever that popular? I know he was on the main character's team in the anime, but I can't remember kids picking it too much in-game. I know I didn't like how frail it was.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

I think the lack of a title is exactly what they're going for.

The title lacks baggage, hints at a clean slate for newbs; and makes the game feel like it's the "definitive" Smash for now. Weird titles make the game sound like it's a strange spinoff like "Smash Bros. Turbo" or "Smash Bros. Redemption" or some other stupid poo poo like that. The lack of a number is also sort of makes it sound like it's back to basics. You don't need to play Melee or Brawl to have fun with this.

It's not like the hardcore players are going to not buy it. I think they're counting on a huge fraction of 3DS owners buying it. I know plenty of 3DS owners who had no strong interest in the series, but just might get it because they played every other DS game with their friends, like Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how big of an impact it has on sales. I get the idea, but I doubt too many are going to be intimidated by a subtitle. Possibly by a number (though that's kind of doubtful), but not the mere existence of a subtitle.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Spatula City posted:

Yeah, I almost exclusively used Squirtle when I picked Pokemon Trainer, because its maneuverability allowed me to run circles around opponents, and then get all the good items first. Also amazing recovery move that also functions as an excellent murder move.
Charizard was too loving slow and Ivysaur had a difficult learning curve.

Same here. My only problems with Squirtle were his light weight making it easy for opponents to get a knock out and his limited powerful attacks forcing you to wear down opponents.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

They're laser Cheerios and everyone knows it! :colbert:

Let us all agree that Mother Brain does shoot components for a complete (and deadly) breakfast.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

It's really not that different from how well the connection usually went for this game.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

I don't care that they already confirmed one water Pokémon. Make Oshawott playable. :colbert:

Didn't they already show it coming out of a pokeball?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Color Printer posted:

On the one hand, Smash Bros. Ganondorf is pretty fun to play as.

On the other hand, Wind Waker Ganondorf is arguably the coolest Ganondorf.

I'm conflicted.

I'm not: Wind Waker Evil Samurai Ganondorf is way more appealing than Slow Captain Falcon Clone Ganondorf.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

So this is a thing
The rumor is someone "leaked the roster" for the best buy demo kit/E3 Showfloor Demo
The 3's represent CPU levels and not the Player 1/2/3 thing.

I'm gonna call Photoshop on this one. Not a great one at that. The Luigi pic is from that weird falling down taunt of his.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Is it just the picture, or does is that thing really uneven? Like someone wore it down on the right?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

sharrrk posted:

Little Mac would also probably be a pretty safe bet if he's as powerful as they've made him out to be. A character like him with lots of super armor and strong smash attacks would be really good in 4 player free for alls, especially when everyone is new to the game. Maybe in the long run he'll turn out to be bad, but at least in the early game he'll likely be a big threat. Just try to stay in the center of the stage and throw out smash attacks and the occasional KO punch and you'd be gold short of a bob-omb spawning on top of you.

I don't know. If his aerial game is so bad that his own trailer points it out, he could end up losing out to someone who can keep on the move or on stages without large, flat platforms. I guess it really depends on the player sticking to his strength: straight up brawls.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Space T Rex posted:

At least nothing has been as bad as the Xbox 1 (not Xbox One) controller.

Also, god drat, what a terrible name they picked for the new Xbox. I mean seriously how did that not get shot down right after someone said it. I get the idea that its supposed to be like "one console to do everything on", but still. Shameful.

E: I think i missed an entire page and posted my controller thoughts out of context. noooooooo

(2 pages)

Hey, these were the same marketers who thought that hyping up all the console's non-game-related functions, excitedly listing all the ways it'd invade your privacy, and insulting anyone who thought backwards-compatibility was an issue would make the console sell more. They clearly don't understand what they're doing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

So has there been any reveal of a Fire Emblem Awakening character yet? It's just about all I'm still holding out for (I've resigned myself to knowing that anything Kojima-related is out).

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SirDrone posted:

Cree Summer confirmed for smash?

Maybe. I'd be surprised if Medusa didn't get at least some lines even if the other villains overshadow her. Either way, I'm hoping that the whole Divine Peanut Gallery shows up for a replacement of Snake's Codecs.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Chaltab posted:

Be careful what you wish for, you just might receive it.

Fittingly, only people as creepy as Tharja herself would ever willingly own that figurine.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

jivjov posted:

The coupons I got at Wednesday's event expired either today or sunday. Not sure if there's ones with a later date that are being given out today.

So no, unless you were already planning to buy these games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

F. Lobot posted:

EGG A MAN

FIGHTING! TO ENSLAVE....THE WORLD!!!

• Locked thread