Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, so are Greninja and Charizard their own distinct characters, or are they part of Pokemon Trainer?

Pokemon Trainer is dead. Stay free mighty creatures. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Level Slide posted:

But serious, I'm still holding out for Raichu. Or Serperior.

You'll get a DLC costume if you're lucky. Nintendo has made it clear for years now that it has never cared about Raichu.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhonne posted:

What would Zero Suit Samus' final smash even be? Calling in her ship for a bombing run maybe?

She goes into a panic attack so men can save her.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Polo-Rican posted:

The new video was amazing but I'm surprised by how many people are excited by the Charizard announcement. I was under the impression that people preferred the trainer's Squirtle and Bulbasaur way more than Charizard.

People only care about Squirtle when he has the Kamina/Squirtle Squad shades on, and who the hell cares about grass starters?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

McDragon posted:

Ahaha, where the gently caress did Greninja come from? When was it announced? I'll miss Ivysaur but I think this is a good enough replacement. I hope Kirby steals his tongue scarf. :3:

It got announced yesterday in the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

I stopped keeping up after Little Mac got announced, what happened since then?

TaurusOxford posted:

It got announced yesterday in the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Space T Rex posted:

Charizard is in to keep Pokemon Trainer alive somehow,

Charizard is in because it's motherfucking Charizard. Also, Mega Charizard X is the coolest Mega Evolution in X/Y and even got promoted in Pokemon: The Origin OVA.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

The final smash could have her turn into Metroid Prime.

The final smash would have the entire stage get covered in phazon, which hurts the other players but heals Dark Samus and increases her attack power.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Crawfish posted:

If we're going to be honest, I would be okay with Adam getting in over Ridley.

You're drunk. Go to bed.

Spekhogger posted:

The only bad thing is now people are going to be pleading their favorite Pokemon be put into the game.

If people have a favorite Pokemon that isn't Charizard then they don't matter anyway. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

I assume he means "within a day' and not "in 24 hours solid playtime."

The latter isn't exactly out of the question either.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GenericMartini posted:

Perhaps the unknown connectivity between games is if you unlock every character in the 3DS can easily transfer every character to the Wii U and BAM. No longer do you have to wait to unlock characters when you bring your Smash game to your friends house because all you need now is your handy 3DS.

Yes, buy our 200 dollar handheld and you don't have to waste your time unlocking characters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bass Bottles posted:

Probably because Sakurai is a perfectionist and he's not going to want to continue obsessing over new content for the game once it ships.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo could care less if Sakurai is a perfectionist if it means that they can make a shitload of extra money selling us DLC characters. People would happily pay for Mewtwo, Ridley, Ray 01, Saki, etc.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

My only wish for Greninja is that Sakurai gives him some sort of Ninja Kirby move like Air Drop.

Considering that we've already seen Greninja rip off Strider's Vajra and Ragnarok super, I think an izuna drop is a pretty safe bet.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Polo-Rican posted:

Makes me wonder how Nintendo goes about making these games. Do they model Mario from scratch for every game?! You'd think by this point they'd have HD base models for all the major characters that they could use as a starting point.

Nintendo didn't even bother with HD until the WiiU showed up, and you think they would have HD models of every Nintendo character on "standby" for use? There's a reason the games take so long to come out: Everything is scratch built.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monkey Fracas posted:

If Namco really wants someone in the game they could throw in someone from Tekken or Soul Calibur; that would be cool.

Throw in someone from Tales. Lloyd from Symphonia would be super hype.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gutcruncher posted:

Pacmans been in a fighting before, dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FwecG0-e0Y

I'm pretty sure even if Pac-man makes it in Smash, he won't have that stupid tree mech.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

StevenM posted:

Why ISN'T Minecraft on the Wii U, anyway? It's on drat near everything else.

Why isn't MGS5 on the WiiU?
Why isn't Dark Souls 2 on the WiiU?
Why isn't Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the WiiU?

See a pattern here?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

This kid is apparently like 16, but I refuse to believe him. I don't want him anywhere near a car.

There's no way in loving hell he's 16. He hasn't even hit puberty yet judging from his voice.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Greninja confirmed for salty tier. :v:

I'm not even a big user of Greninja in Pokemon X/Y, but i'm really looking forward to trying him out.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

liquidypoo posted:

I wanted to quote this from a couple pages back because this would be awesome. Generic hunter as a character: borrow moves from all of the weapons for basic A attacks, and maybe use some minor monsters for special attacks. The final smash could be the hunter placing a drugged meat on the ground for a deviljho to run in from loving NOWHERE and eat. Can't just leave it at a sleeping deviljho, though. That's when the hunter pulls out a gunlance and does a wyvern's fire shot to the thing's face! Can't think of an exit for that, though. Maybe deviljho burrows down as if he's switching areas after that.

I can't see it happening. Whoever is in charge of Monster Hunter wouldn't even let Capcom use any MH rep for Marvel vs Capcom 3, where you'd think the "Hunter" would fit in perfectly.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

liquidypoo posted:

Why you gotta burst a man's bubble? Rain on my parade? Sink my battleship? :sigh:

It's a livin'?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

Why do the MonHun people have so much power?

Because MonHun is about the only thing making Capcom money right now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PsychicToaster posted:

I wonder if Nintendo could get someone Crono from Chrono Trigger into Smash Bros. I'm not sure how rights to characters work though.

Crono is owned by Square, which runs us into the problem again that even if Square gave Nintendo the freedom to put in a third-party character, it sure as gently caress won't be Crono.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Barudak posted:

You're getting Lightning and you will drat well like it.

"Not to be outdone by Zero Suit Samus, Toriyama has once again made Lightning's breasts bigger so she can compete cup-for-cup with the bounty hunter."

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

The flipper bots were always the best because they could just flip you over and make you useless.

The flipper bots were the best because even if you flipped them over they could flip themselves upright again with their own weapon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dedede is just upset because Empoleon didn't get in the game. He wanted a penguin buddy. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FPzero posted:

I loved how the Camera was always available in Brawl and I hope that it returns in an even more robust way for Smash 4.

That reminded me of how sad I was because the Dark Suit was just a cheap palette swap in Brawl. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

IronicDongz posted:

That's probably because it's the phazon suit from MP1, not the dark suit.

Clearly you didn't play enough Prime or Echoes. You should fix that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Geo Fixer posted:

I figure if Nintendo sold each game in the trilogy separately for like $19.99 on the Nintendo eShop that would be cool. I mean if Nintendo can port GBA games to the eShop why not Gamecube games or Wii games for that matter?

Of course this is Nintendo so it probably wouldn't happen until 2017, or never.

Discussing Nintendo's idiocy with their latest console is for this thread.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Space T Rex posted:

Ice Climbers confirmed, check out this footage. Graphics are looking crazy good!

So when Popo gets grabbed, Nana's AI goes ballistic?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Endorph posted:

"Really obsessive Western nerds don't exist," I say wholeheartedly as I turn to my avatar, a single tear running down my cheek.

You could spend five dollars on a new avatar instead of MLP merchandize...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Steering the conversation in a slightly different direction, what are the odds of Meta Knight and possibly someone else from Kirby getting back in. Next to DDD and Kirby himself, he's the biggest part of the Kirby universe. I know Sakurai said he didn't want to over-represent his own series, but Kirby is pretty huge in Japan I hear, and even though MK was broken in brawl, I still enjoyed him and hope he makes it back.

I would say Meta Knight is a reasonably sure bet, if only because Sakurai made the Kirby franchise so he would obviously have some bias towards his own characters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

It's just Sakurai's policy of using the "latest" incarnations that caused this.

Except that's a bullshit policy, cause he used Super Metroid Samus in Brawl despite having more than enough time to implement Echoes/Corruption's Varia Suit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

The only way to solve this is to go back in time and assassinate Ninja Theory to prevent Other M from ever being made

1.) Ninja Theory ruined DMC, Not Metroid
2.) Sakamoto is to blame for Other M. Team Ninja had to follow his stupid orders.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Famous TV Dad posted:

could you expound on this? i don't fully understand what you mean.

Generally when you shoot a gun, you lean forward to counter-act the knockback you'll get from firing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

You are the worst.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pixeltendo posted:

You'd think Ono would jump on the golden idea of Nintendo vs. Capcom right now.

Capcom is currently in the process of trying to not go bankrupt after moronically putting all of their Monster Hunter money into mobile gaming and it failing miserably.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The T posted:

Correct, which is why Capcom Japan refuses to do anything with Mega Man (Capcom USA is a bit more lenient, as that dumb SFxMM shows) but does make Mega Man being in Smash all the more curious.

There's nothing really all that curious about it. Capcom is in a financial nosedive, so why would they turn down what's essentially free money from Nintendo?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sire Oblivion posted:

What? How? They don't have a gun to the dude's head and he's probably well off enough to start his own studio to do new IPs.

He tried to stop making Metal Gear after MGS2, but his team is useless without him and had he not come back MGS3 would have been disastrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Echo Chamber posted:

I liked Olimar's special up in Brawl, and I was a bit disappointed to see it reworked.

Tether moves as your primary recovery is lovely, especially when said tether can be killed.

• Locked thread