Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you piece o f poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Joramun posted:

This is informative

golden sun: dark dawn

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FauxGateau posted:

Waluigi is a dumb video game z-tier husbando someguy copy&paste who exists only to pander to moustachioed crotch-chopping losers who read terrible online comics, sorry but it's true.

DoctorWhat I actually super agree with you. I just hate Waluigi so I thought I'd plug my hatred.

can yuo not....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Snake is back.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope that Rey Mysterio pic rings true.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is it nick?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I will be there at hte Yorba Linda Best Buy on June 11th. I will be wearing an explicit tshirt, trunks, and checkered shoes. If you come up to me and say, "I'll have what he's having." you will be accepted as a brother.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am just going to go out and say it and that the Hyrule Warriors Link is heavily inspired by the Link from the Smash Bros. coming out. My only proof is that I think Smash has been in further development than Hyrule Warriors but then again I am not a game developer. Whatever the case I am fine with it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

New Link is far too attractive than what was presented in TP. Glow golden hair for example. There might be some influence, but there is no doubt it is not Twlight Princess, and definitely not Skyward Sword Link.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cleretic posted:

It's an amalgam. My best guess is that it's TP Links' equipment and clothing design, OoT Link's hair and facial features, and SS Link's art direction.

Since TP Link's outfit was essentially just a more detailed, less silly evolution of OoT Link's, perhaps the simplest conclusion is that it's a more detailed, modernized take on OoT Link.

I have seen a video of Link in Hyrule Warriors and I have seen Smash videos with Link in them, and I just don't see it. They are of the same.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Raserys posted:

Nintendo, why the gently caress would you ever invite Keighley anywhere

I hope, one day, Reggie kills him and absorbs him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

Forget the Wavebird, this means you can play Smash with the best controller ever invented.

good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Epic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Toucan Sam's final smash is Toucan Slam

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nice.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

If we can devote four pages to discussing which Project M tournament player had the best showing during the most recent Twitch event, I think we can spare discussion for an occasional "Zero Suit Samus is typical 'gamer' pandering bullshit and it's loving obnoxious that it has to show up even in the kiddy cartoon animals beating-each-other-up game." It becomes a "discussion" instead of a side comment that's a small part of a post because people open posts that respond to it with "The only thing worse than feminists is..."

Did you see those heels she wearing now? Thanks a lot Nintendo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am looking at the roaster and it seems there are going to be five characters total from the Fire Emblem series. That is just crazy in my opinion when you compare it to another franchise such as The Legend of Zelda. From Zelda we only have Link, and Zelda (Shiek IS Zelda so I am bundling her up with Zelda). Not to mention we also have another Link on the roaster. So basically we only have two characters from a major franchise such as The Legend of Zelda and more than 4 different, unique characters from the lesser known Fire Emblem series. I'd like to just point out that it is bullshit that we haven't seen any major Zelda reveal. For all that has taken place between the previous Smash and this one we seem to be getting the same old Zelda poo poo. Nothing has changed at all since Melee regarding the roaster. It's nice seeing strong female characters out there (female Robin, and Lucina from Fire Emblem) but where are the Zelda characters. Not that any of you guys care, but I don't give a gently caress about Ganondorf coming back, if he comes back big whoop just another rehash - same old poo poo. I want to see possibly a newer Zelda villain fighter, hell, an orginal Zelda fighter thrown into the game. I don't give a poo poo about Fire Emblem or Shin Megami Tensei or whatever, I'd much rather see something newer and fresher regarding characters from The Legend of Zelda, and Smash Brothers. Will I get the game(s)? Yes. But you won't make me like it for the most part Nintendo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

My uncle says wavedashing is totally back!! Sure, E3's tournament featured a group of players who would have been perfect to show off wavedashing techniques with, but Sakurai deliberately cut it out of the version they were playing on because ???

I don't believe you

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

So much of Other M's problems can be boiled down to "We wanted to make Samus a waifu."

Samus was or shall I say, is, regardless.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

i just think the heels clash with her design

not because they're heels but because they just sorta go on top of her regular shoes

it looks like she's wearing moonshoes

To be honest it doesn't bother me at all. Like, I hardly even notice them to begin with; I don't see why it's such a big deal.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Reiley posted:

They explicitly changed the way she held her gun so the player could see her breasts and torso unobstructed by her limbs. That's the context I am talking about.

Gah! Why Nintendo!? Why?!?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

jivjov posted:

Yeah...the jet boots are fine, I think they're cool and all...but the "show off the boobs pose" really pisses me off. Samus was one of the very very few action females out there that wasn't hypersexualized. Even her Zero Suit stuff from the GBA game endings and the like came off more like a "shirtless Rambo" or something. But here we are, contorting her limbs to better show off her bosom. :(

There are multiply endings in all Metroid games that reveal Samus without her suit on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Check out fusions japanese endings, one of them has her in torn short-shorts striking a sassy pose for no real reason.

Also Samus rewards the players by getting into bikini's all the time. Her being slightly fanservice-y is nothing new, and like a few people said nobody noticed any of this during the tourney that went on or any gameplay footage. Dunno why people keep bringing the single bad screenshot up as we've seen for ourselves it's not nearly as eyecatching.

They will either complain about her new shoes or her (for some reason) exposed torso. It's weird.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mmmmmmm, yeah, 3ds Smash is turning out to be quite lovely.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

That's the Wii U version, unless I'm missing the joke.

Also this stage reminds me more of Venom than Corneria, maybe you'll fight on the wings.

I wasn't specially quoting the recent pic you know

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Prediction: Where is Ganondorf?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is everyone saying 3ds?

It says wii-u in the corner.

The 3ds version looks like a Smash hit.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

They're really not doing a great job of selling me on buying the Wii U version over the 3DS version other than "it won't control like poo poo" when they keep showing the neat stuff 3DS is getting exclusively and then kicking a big ol' tumbleweed around when it comes to Wii U exclusive material

Well, I am going to be buying both since I own both a 3DS and a Wii U.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I really dont care about console wars or charts or anything I just want the Wii U version of Smash to be the definitive version with the most content, that people will want to own (including me)

The 3DS version looks really good.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

extra stout posted:

Dozens of nerds competed on the 3DS Smash Bros to fight for a Smash Bros branded boxing robe thing they'll actually probably wear and make people they encounter uncomfortable while also accidentally unveiling the 3DS version of Smash Bros I think.

Huh

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Calling it right now, he'll be playable in Smash 5

I Don't Think So.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cleretic posted:

God drat, the 3DS version is knocking it out of the goddamn park with stages.

...Sakurai, please add a chance for the Game Boy to instead be the clear-case variant with the visible innards.

That would be dumb, stupid, and distracting.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I simply cannot wait in 14 hours.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

If it's just a Rick Roll, I'm going to be disappointed he didn't do something more creative. Nickelodeon won that war at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I hope it's actually a "reveal trailer" the guy made himself using 101 level 3D modeling or characters he cut out of construction paper glued to popsicle sticks all fighting to sounds he's making with his mouth.

Yeah, it's gonna be Ganondorf.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Okay now where is hte option to turn off those heels?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

I like how there's actually another character in the game with a realistic depiction of a sports bra but when they made this alt samus costume they still threw that knowledge out the window.

Like it doesn’t even look like a normal encapsulation bra it’s just paint and levitation.

There isn't much difference between this and Wii Fit Trainer. Both showing equal amounts of skin, and equal amounts of power.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

not playing it :can:

I played it, and finished it, and enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Megasabin posted:

Reminder that there was a correct leak for Brawl like 1-2 months before it came out that detailed 90% of the Roster including ROB, and everyone in the thread called it stupid and fake. That doesn't mean this one is real, but anyone telling you anything is fake or real means nothing.

Thanks for the reminder you have really opened my eyes. "These pics? Well, they can either be real or fake, only time will tell."

• Locked thread