Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, so are Greninja and Charizard their own distinct characters, or are they part of Pokemon Trainer?

They're distinct. There are no more transformation characters (Shiek and Zero Suit Samus are distinct from Zelda and Samus, too.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

FZeroRacer posted:

Also the fact that you can be banned in For Fun mode because you overly targeted certain players is the most :psyduck: thing.

That was probably a poorly worded way of saying "If three people gang up on one person for an entire free for all match in order to grief them."

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Samus has been disgusting male gaze bullshit since 1986 when she stripped down to her underwear to reward you for beating the game fast.

It's not a good thing, but it's not a new thing either.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Excels posted:

What are some stages you would want in the game?

A Tetris stage could be neat. You could only KO from the top, and you'd have to avoid falling blocks.

You know, I say that, but even though it's an interesting concept I'd probably play it once and never again.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Excels posted:

A level inside Bowser from Inside Story.

When Bowser joins the battle, you fight inside Alfonzo, right?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Zain posted:

It's pretty drat huge in Japan. Almost Monster Hunter levels.

Mother is popular, but I don't think it's anywhere near Monster Hunter's level.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Barudak posted:

They did that with the Wii and it did not make a killing on the most popular system of the generation.

It probably would have sold better if they printed more than six copies of it, though. Didn't it sell out everywhere pretty quickly and then go up to $80+ on ebay?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Endorph posted:

Blue. The hair's blue.

And all the main characters are dudes with swords, for the most part. The exceptions are Ephraim, who's a dude with a spear, and Celica, who's a chick with magic, and neither of them are that relevant. FE isn't popular enough for it to have a fuckton of characters like Mario or Pokemon.

There's also the avatar character in FE13, who is a dude/lady with a sword but also magic. The avatar is more of a main character than Chrom, too.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I think it's safe to assume there will be at least three colors each. Otherwise for team matches you might be stuck playing as a boy when you want to be the girl just because you want to play on the red team. So each of them will have red, blue and green options, and probably at least one or two more each.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Macaluso posted:

Actually I'm really glad they made a version of the male villagers like the one on the left. I mean the only real difference is the eyes, but it seemed weird that the villager model they chose to use wasn't the one straight from the newest 3DS version. The other villager model looks a lot more like the New Leaf version.

:confused:

It's literally the same model except for the hair and the textures.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

jivjov posted:

I wish that's what GameStop did...no, it's worse, they break open copies and still try to sell them as 'New', despite being opened and handled.

That's standard fare for Gamestop, but with Xenoblade, they got a new shipment in and sold them all as used because the game's used value was like, $80 compared to the MSRP of $50.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
According to a couple of different domain lookup sites, the registrar of onefinalsmash.com's e-mail is scorpion203@hotmail.com, which doesn't sound like an official Nintendo e-mail address. It also says it was registered to a Tokyo address, but Nintendo is in Kyoto, so that doesn't really check out either.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Maybe scorpion203 is Sakurai's online handle, and it's his personal e-mail address.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Closest one to me is 90 minutes away. That's really not worth it at all, huh.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The closest one to me is almost two hours away one way.

I'm still considering it, but I really doubt I'll bother. I can think of better things to do with four hours in the car.

I don't see a point in spending the gas money and three hours of driving time to go wait in line to play a video game for five minutes. I'll just wait a few months and buy it when it comes out.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

AradoBalanga posted:

That was something that bugged me in Brawl: all of Sonic's alternate colors were various tweaks on his regular appearance (e.g., shoe colors got tweaked mostly).

Why not give him alt colors based on other Sonic characters this time? I'd be down for an Eggman alt or even a Silver alt.

Probably a case of Sega saying "Sonic is blue. You cannot make him any other color." Wouldn't be surprised if that's still the case now.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Frocobo posted:

While this is a pleasant surprise, why does it need BOTH USB ports?

The real question is: why are the USB plugs different colors?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Lemming posted:

The adapter looks cool it's just a shame you have to use a controller with a 4 inch cord.

That's just the illustration, because it would be silly to draw several feet of cable on your PR shot. It should work with any Gamecube controller (including Wavebirds)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Spacebump posted:

I doubt that matters on a system that lets you download modern games.

Why didn't Nintendo just make wireless Wavebirds for the Wii U instead of an adaptor to plug in old Gamecube controls?

Thank god they didn't. Imagine buying 4 $40-$60 controllers as opposed to one adapter and then reusing all your old controllers.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Lemming posted:

Maybe, but it's definitely dumb that you can only use it in an empty white void. You should at least be able to use it on Earth where there are TVs you can play the game on.

What are you talking about? All the pro smashers play in the void, where they're free of distractions.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Space T Rex posted:

Is the only difference that the start button is lower on this one?

E: or do they all have it there? I can't remember.

That's the standard position. The only obvious difference is the lack of the Nintendo branding, but I'm sure it's more cheaply put together and the buttons and sticks probably don't feel as good as on an official controller.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Why did you even come here, Starfy?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

BlueDestiny posted:

So does September 21st!

Guess which is more likely!

:suicide:

Considering Nintendo's track record with keeping release dates, it'll probably come out in January.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Geostomp posted:

Hey, these were the same marketers who thought that hyping up all the console's non-game-related functions, excitedly listing all the ways it'd invade your privacy, and insulting anyone who thought backwards-compatibility was an issue would make the console sell more. They clearly don't understand what they're doing.

Not to mention the most amazing response to an interview question ever:

"If you want to play offline, there's already a product for you. It's called the Xbox 360"

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I believe it was called inkdropping because when the general public played an early build of Brawl some gamefaqs (or some other website) user with ink in his name noticed this phenomenon and super insisted it be named after himself since he discovered it. I am not kidding.

So, a narcissistic nerd named it after himself.

Yes, this is what happened. And I distinctly remember people in the competitive Smash community making fun of him for it, even before they realized he hadn't discovered some sort of cancel.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Cleretic posted:

Indistinguishable DIMPS Stage for the 3DS Sonic stage, please. It would basically be Big Blue.

And when you play on it, everyone has a homing attack.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I was trying to find that comic that got it wrong (I think it might have been from a Nintendo Power) and Samus was still in her suit but it referred to her as him and Samus had 2 girls on "his" arm. So, at least one official source back in the day got her gender wrong.

That could have been an intentional choice to avoid spoiling the ending. The English manual for the first game uses male pronouns to refer to Samus, as well (the Japanese version is entirely gender neutral)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Holy poo poo, ZSS is tearing poo poo up.

Also, Rosalina is massive. That already kind of came across in screenshots, but seeing her next to Bowser is crazy.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Macaluso posted:

In a just world, Conker would be there

No it would be Banjo, because Banjo is a good character who has been in good video games.

(I guess Conker was in one good video game, since he was in Diddy Kong Racing)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Space T Rex posted:

He is just pointing out that Nintendo deliberately chose rules which literally encourage boring campy game play, and the match would have been more exciting, objectively, if they didn't do that.

Nintendo can be super duper silly sometimes.

Under normal tournament rules couldn't you just get a percentage lead and then stall the timer until you win, just like under these rules you can stall the timer until you get Sudden Death?

Like in this video that was posted earlier, where the guy is trying to do exactly that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQsivruSEEE

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Space T Rex posted:

I am not like shaking my hands in rage and crying, I'm just saying that the entire competitive smash community does have a reason for not playing by those rules.

Well yeah, of course they do. But this entire tournament was silly from the start, and having Sudden Death turned on was hardly the biggest example of Nintendo not really playing by tournament rules. Most of the matches were four player free-for-alls and they had items turned on, for crying out loud.

edit: More importantly, this was the best part of that whole tournament. Dude loves Mega Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvvowZEJkM

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Never say a word to each other, just talk via the forums.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Did someone say they prefer Project M on-camera, or is this something one of the competitors said on Twitter or Smash Boards or something?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Rattata assist trophy: Rattata used dig! *the match starts over*

"Rattata used dig!" *kicks you back to the main menu and also rolls your save back by three hours*

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

DrPaper posted:

Welp, there you have it guys. This explains EVERYTHING.

This sounds like something my dad would post on Facebook, except it's about Smash Bros instead of the Illuminati and HAARP.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Honestly, showing off a trophy and then later announcing the character will be playable sounds like just the kind of nonsense Sakurai would pull, because everyone counts a trophy as a definite deconfirmation.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Imagine if they announce Wonder Red and everyone's like "Well if characters already confirmed as trophies can be playable, that probably means Rayman is, too." and then Rayman really is just a trophy and there's no playable Ubisoft character at all.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Hivac posted:

Atlus would never use it because it's not a Persona 4 character.
Super Persona 4 Bros.

Black Frost is the most important Persona 4 character. He carries most people through three or four dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Bobby's a nice name.

• Locked thread