Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was Smash Run confirmed for online play? I know he said multiplayer but didn't know if that was online or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRNuDK-oL0

I know people have the wii-u gallery but here's a slideshow of the 3DS press screenshots.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What are the odds Falco and Wolf get cut and their moves get rolled into Fox's custom moveset?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

How big is the Earthbound Franchise in Japan?

I know over here it has a pretty big cult following and is beloved enough that people fan-translated Mother 3, but I'm always curious as to the series' popularity on its native soil.

I heard it's pretty big but not a lot of people liked Mother 3 for being super depressing. I remember a specific quote being "I don't know why they want it over seas. It's a alright game but it's just so moody" or something similar.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

fivegears4reverse posted:

"Stinks" but yeah. It was a remarkably weird ad campaign, in an era where it was acceptable to make masturbation jokes in magazine ads for new joysticks, the Earthbound ads were their own special kind of strange.

Earthbound literally could only be bought brand new in that big box that came with a strategy guide. It definitely cost more for Nintendo to put out there than the average game.

I miss those ads. I recall some ad with a character talking to a girl in a bikini and I wanted to be a artist so I was trying to use the character as a reference. Ended up getting sent home from my classes because the teacher thought I was staring at the girl despite the sketches of said character right by me.

Latest ads I see these days are just the character standing by the title with a few screenshots.

Actually more on topic didn't the Itoi say that he wouldn't mind a mother 4 if it was made by fans? I could of sworn I saw that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seshoho Cian posted:

His final smash is to disappoint people with a new alien film.

Gets a smash ball and the game suddenly shifts to Aliens Colonial Marines. The change cannot be undone.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just think Ridley would look horribly awkward walking around as he's seen flying everywhere or crawling around for a few steps.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Constable Lemon posted:

Wrt Smash clones and such, there's a smash rip off called Punch Time: Explosion, which stars cartoon network characters. Its an extremely blatant ripoff complete with final smashes and assist trophies.

Oh my god

I had no idea this was a thing. It looks so bad, like... the budget had to have only been 10 dollars or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ChaosArgate posted:

I've heard this is fantastic and it's a very popular import, although I'm not sure if that's because it's legitimately a good game or if people just bought it because it's anime Super Smash Bros.

It's pretty fun, there are typical ring outs but you have a hp bar and there's a absolute assload of customization. I imported it ages ago and hell even it's online worked pretty well, only real complaints I can remember having were the fact that the stages were so big that it was easily possible to just walk off screen and have to search for the enemy.

Also another big difference is you could swap characters mid match. You were given a comic page to fill out and you could add playable characters, assists, buffs etc to it. Bigger the panel the better the character. (Goku for example would be normal if he took up 4 panels, but super if he took up 6 or something similar)

Recently they went 3D with Jstars Victory Vs and tried something new (and it's pretty goddamn good). If Smash ever goes 3D or has a spin-off I legit hope it's similar to Jstars Victory

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 11, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sitting here I realized Megaman is going to be in this game.

Do you think they'll try to give him a voice? I think the only one that doesn't grunt/talk is Samus (suit) and it feels like it would be kinda odd if he didn't make any kind of sound at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cleretic posted:

Have almost the entire roster open from the start, with the exception of Jigglypuff. Who still requires you to beat Classic Mode.

But yeah, I think it'd be good to have the 3DS version with unlockables, and the WiiU version without. It seems like a good setup; the surprise and anticipation is the best part, and it's not gonna be there by the time the WiiU version comes out.

Biggest surprise is "I'm the boss" mode, it's where four players are fighting and the player with the gamepad can control the boss characters that show up. You get to play as Ridley/Yellow Devil/etc :v:!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How come Shiek seems to have completely broken models in half of her screenshots?
Seriously what's wrong (last one is toon link but still)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reiley posted:

You should see how smears work in traditional animation

Oh I know about smear animations, it's more like her hand kind of spazzing out in one of the screenshots and Link's arm squishing horrifically in the other that's getting to me the most. In Brawl I remember Sakurai encouraging people to take screenshots and send them to him so telling people to pause all the time to check stuff like this out seems a bit suspect.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Personally I don't get the hype for Isaac. He starred in a RPG that makes Tim Buckley look like the master of crafting a story and the latest game did so poorly that as far as I know the sequel got poo poo canned. To me dude is lucky he even got to be a assist trophy, he'd be a sticker if it was up to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it hilarious that everyone was saying "Greninja is super popular in Japan" and reading "Yeah Greninja must be loved by foreigners"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Screenshots I aren't buying for a second, but curious about the video. Did he really animate all that for a fake :psyduck: The animation looks smooth as hell and that's the only thing freaking me out

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend told me the japanese miiverse post says something along the lines of "Rockman Army, ready to DASH into battle!"

Sakurai playing with them heart strings I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excels posted:

Samus' heels aren't offensive to anyone but those who understand the struggles of gender equality. Therefore most folks would see it and think "They gave a female character high heels! Neat! I can't wait to jump around and look at Samus' boobies :downs:"

I think Samus's heels are only offensive to people with really lovely thin skin tbh. People who get hung up on them are genuinely hilarious, when playing I don't know a single person who's going to be staring at her feet and crying while she flies around kicking and shooting people.

Edit: Seriously how does having jet heels in which she uses to kick peoples teeth in make her weaker? I'm not saying IT'S THE BEST DESIGN EVER 10/10 but people calling samus a bimbo or whatever is insane.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 29, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PantsBandit posted:

Some people never learned the meaning of the phrase "pick your battles."

I seriously know a person who refuses to watch Pendleton Ward cartoons because she finds them sexist. It's ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, if Samus was portrayed as her Other M self, crawling around crying and clinging to a male character yeah somethings hosed up and I'd genuinely find a problem with it but giving Samus jet boot/heels is just something dumb and silly. She can now fly around and kick people in the face, I can imagine it loving hurts to.

I think one reason I find it genuinely confusing is the same people throwing a fit about it are the same people I've seen ask for Bayonetta who is far, far more raunchier and has been doing the battle heels thing even longer (considering they're y'know. Guns.)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Funkmaster General posted:

Guys, get with the times. Who uses human opponents anymore? They're just going to stream saltybet.

Actually let's just go with this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Volt Catfish posted:

Does Saltybet even exist anymore?/Do people still watch it?/Do people still donate to it?

It's died down a lot (I'm pretty sure anyway) but yeah it's still going. Somehow.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excels posted:

Well, we haven't seen her taunts yet...

Not true! You see one of them in the character reel at the end! (It's just her spinning the whip... gun thing around her like in Brawl)

Edit: Oh god thinking about it now, I can only imagine the reaction if one taunt is her lifting a hand to her ear and you hear Adam. "I authorize you to KICK rear end." or something trying to make him sound cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 29, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mr. Locke posted:

Having a hard time getting hyped up for Best Buy loving up running demo kiosks for a second year running. I'll probably just check out some of the UI stuff and the game in motion from the videos that'll come online from that. Curious if it'll be like the Brawl demos and feature. Reduced roster or if everyone announced will be playable.

Still hype for the game, but the Best Buy event last year was just so badly handled that i can't be assed.

Do they even allow footage of people playing the best buy demos if someone brings a camera? I recall them doing this last year but the only things I saw from it were the videos of Microsoft employees harassing dudes or whatever that whole debacle was.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I wonder if Nintendo will put a big cash prize or not. What I'm saying is will nintendo embrace esports.

People show up to the tourney and there's just a long table with various yoshi shaped cookies on display with a banner saying "Yes, We've embraced Esports" overhead.

The perfect miracle, really.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excels posted:

Yeah, here's a better video instead.

Now was that so hard, Sakurai? If your fans can do this poo poo what makes it so difficult for you?

To be fair that looks really bad.

Ridley compacted that much kinda looks gross I mean.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

The winner is the new challenger.

So everyone sandbags against Mewtwo king?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

My name is Dillon, so the last page has been incredibly awkward to read. Thanks, Nintendo!

Also I like how even when the name is right in front of them people still make the 'Dillion' mistake.

If it makes you feel better thanks to heavy rain everyone shouts JAY-SAWN at me, and conversations about "how much I hate Jason" are always fun v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My happiness has been crushed with todays picture.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Goku's reveal trailer got leaked

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

I doubt it. In the Greninja trailer you could see Lucario's eyes glowing yellow which is what happens when you have a final smash

Wait really? I've watched that final bit several times and there's no sign it's a final smash. The sky doesn't go dark, Megacario doesn't have the trademark glow and his eyes are actually just red.

Edit: I just watched it again and nope, his eyes are still red.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bongo Bill posted:

The game is still in development.

I would find it odd if they weren't finished with Lucario who they've had around for a month or so before they managed to finish charizard up :v:

Also it's been ages but did any other characters have a attack that costs hit % in Brawl? That sounds like a huge nerf if anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh poo poo, people actually cared about Tomodachi Life, quick, hack in some skins for lip service.

Wow this has nothing to do with anything. Why would you post this?

Shame I can't use the sly expression on the villager but I guess that horrifying yellow shirt will have to do.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wasn't sure if it's possible to find anything other then humor from the cutscenes and sure enough tvtropes has a entire tearjerker section.

Not sure why I'd expect anything better.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

majormonotone posted:

Who in Smash Bros is most likely to be a time lord? Please research and let us know tia

Turns out after careful research it's Wario.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

No because in cutscene 20 (Two birds, One Time Machine in the movie viewer) of Mario's Time Machine it's heavily implied that Wario stole it to sell it and trap Mario in the past forever and we never see him sell it so he still has it.
:tvtropes:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pixeltendo posted:

The best thing about SSE was realizing how amazing a team of King Dedede, Ness and Luigi would really be.

I found something funny about Sakurai not wanting to over represent his characters yet he made all the Kirby cast the most important of the whole group (or at least Meta Knight and DeDeDe)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Was Meta Knight really that important? The Halberd was important, sure, but Meta Knight himself wasn't anymore important than Ike or Marth.

I'll choose to consider him a big part as he is the owner of the Halberd and all. Guess if you wanna say that it doesn't count that's fair but his ship showing up everywhere brought him to mind in a lot of scenes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Todays picture is just giga mac again with nothing going on. It's gonna be a slow news week it seems.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Todays post actually isn't filler!

Just kidding.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Colored outline is pretty rad. I can only suspect that it's like that because of characters like the villager though, I doubt he'll have any recolors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Agreed about Mewtwo, I'm pretty sure he has no chance anyway at this point though, at least that's my guess.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm pretty sure this feature is not related to such technical limitations as "the villager can't have a blue shirt".

Yeah you're right. I just got up and saw the pic of the day and figured that for some reason the two were connected. I just came to edit it out :negative:

• Locked thread