Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

FZeroRacer posted:

Also the fact that you can be banned in For Fun mode because you overly targeted certain players is the most :psyduck: thing.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here. Perhaps this is an answer to those "taunt parties" you'd see online in Brawl, where people who just stood there taunting would gang up on someone who wanted to play the game normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Fire Emblem was literally about to be cancelled due to unpopularity before Awakening sold unexpectedly well. It is not going to get more slots than freaking Donkey Kong.

I dunno about that. Star Fox managed to squeeze in an extra character, and I'd say Star Fox was a much deader franchise at that point than Fire Emblem was before Awakening.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

As far as I can tell, it looks like Toon Link is just dashing forward. You see him standing, running, and sliding to a stop.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Keep in mind that Little mac's bar is completely drained when he dies and, looking at the videos, his recovery is clearly atrocious. He's also most likely a lightweight character who has an awful air game. Little Mac seems to be a character who will either dominate a game or lose by a landslide, depending on who he fights and if they can keep juggling him in the air.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Pleeeeeease tell me that hideous pac-man stage has a Final Destination form. :pray:

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Well unlike Brawl, Melee let you have more than 3 pokeballs out at a time. I think it's clear what the superior game is. :colbert:

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

How about a compromise? Little Birdie gets in as a newcomer, adolescent Ridley gets in as his final smash, and adult Ridley gets to be the boss of Pyrosphere. Ridleys of all sizes get to be in Smash without taking up space.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Speaking as someone who has played KI:U from beginning to the end, I will not blame anyone who can't get through that control scheme barrier entry. It's especially rough when I put the game down for a while, try to pick up the game again, and realize that I need to recondition myself to its controls again. That's not to say it was a bad game, but we are talking about a game that had to come with its own stand to make playing more comfortable, folks.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

You do realize all the trailers were imitating the games themselves or things associated with the games, right? Palutena's trailer was imitating the anime shorts that were made to promote Uprising. It's way more appropriate than everyone getting the same CG style.

If that were the case, why didn't they bring Paulie back as Little Mac? :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2JtKyAJrf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Wait a minute.

Where are the Mii Fighters?

• Locked thread