Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Rhythm heaven character for Smash :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:getin:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

saw this idea on another forum and thought it was neat.

In the Press release shots there's this Namco item from Rally-X and a whole bunch of other Namco games as a running gag.

Charizard seems to be holding it up like an Assist trophy so maybe it summons Namco only IP characters? Galaga ships are already in this game too, so maybe we really will get Dig Dug, Xevious and others in Smash.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

The only use I know for that thing is that when it shows up in a Tales game, it lets you switch the onscreen party member. So obviously this is the item version of Manaphy from Brawl and you'll momentarily switch to one of the other characters in the match.

...poo poo, I actually kinda like that idea. Surely it won't be that though. What does it do in other namco games?

usually it just gives the player more bonus points.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

DrPaper posted:

GameXplain video pointed out a piece of the Dragoon spawned during Mario and Sonic fighting on Halberd, leaving only the Fan, Cracker Launcher and Party Ball as the only items from Brawl we've yet to see return. Parasol, Barrel Canon, Cloaking Device an Flipper (already confirmed to not return by Sakurai) are the only items from Melee to not return (and didn't return in Brawl either) yet.

I'm beginning to think Sakurai and his team spent most of the dev time making the items for the new Smash, so far the count doubles Brawls massive amount.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Excels posted:

"We have decided to stop making Smash in favor of our new project, Pokemon Stadium 2. Please understand."

But Pokemon Stadium 2 did happen.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

How about Sakurai makes it so when you start the game you have the choice to unlock everything yourself or have it all unlocked at the start.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Endorph posted:

DLC has been done well in several games and would allow them to add characters they had to cut due to their deadline.

why would there be cut characters due to a deadline when we only had a 2014 date to work with until we got that direct? if there were still characters needed to be worked on the 3DS version would be fall 2014 if anything.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Looks like I'll have to repost this on how Pac-Man can work.

Part 1
part 2

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man that just reminds me that by the time the next Smash is in development we'll have gone from kids jokingly suggest Steve from Minecraft as a newcomer to kids legitimately wondering why Steve from Minecraft isn't in Smash Bros.

Hell there's probably already young kids on Miiverse unironically suggesting him. Their logic being that if Minecraft is the biggest video game out there and Smash Bros. is a collection of some of the biggest video game characters well then why wouldn't he be in the game?

yep!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If Square actually cared enough they would of brought back Mallow and Geno for the Mario basketball game joint project or the fortune street games.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Battlebots is cool because one of the mythbusters was on it and dominated.

Maybe they should put a battlebot in Smash.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I had considered this, as the two data points we have so far could indicate it, especially given Melee stages will inevitably be easier to port to a handheld. And if any Brawl stage was to be ported to the 3DS, Halberd would probably be my first choice, due to its relative simplicity.

However, Sakurai has been pretty forthcoming about the "pattern" of new stages: handheld-inspired stages go on the 3DS, console-inspired stages go on the Wii U. If there was such a Melee/Brawl distinction, I think we would be made aware of it, especially if it was a hard rule (the pattern mentioned previously isn't, e.g. Pilotwings Resort being represented in the Wii U version).

With the use of Jungle Japes violating the "only from immediate predecessor" rule, and with a strong desire to see more SSB 64 inclusion, I made this guess assuming both versions would pull from all three predecessors, with a distribution to roughly match the number of stages each of them had.

That's the Wii U version. To match the cel-shaded look, the 3DS version will have Fighting Take on Me Team.

I think the 3DS version will stick to Melee stages because of the two music tracks per level rule :v:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Ted McGinely for Smash.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

DrPaper posted:

So now that Nintendo is doing the Season Pass shenanigans, do you expect a Season Pass for Smash? I know Sakurai has said he doesn't want to worry about DLC during development, but there's no telling if Nintendo will make him/do it on their own after the fact. If there was, what would you want to see in a Smash season pass?

Characters, stages, music and costumes, nothin more nothin less.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Zamus and Marth aren't the only ones with broken bodies!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

theres also this shot of Zamus doing the old pose, maybe the new one is just a in-betweener?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The T posted:

Just because Mega Man is in this game doesn't mean this is a Capcom fighting game

You'd think Ono would jump on the golden idea of Nintendo vs. Capcom right now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Huh, in what videos/trailers have we actually heard the main theme?

It's also the last song before greninjas trailer in the Smash direct, and its awesome and whimsical.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pic of the day. Members of the Enemies That Love to Hide Association, here are Octorok and Met. Calmly grab them while they're ducking.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Also uh they have to be the city folk models because they need to share the same hitboxes and stuff.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

xanthan posted:

Didn't SSE have some bit of plot not actually shown in the game itself but only revealed on the Dojo also? I imagine cutting part of the potential plot out and thus making the rest harder to get helped give it a bad rep.

They cut out two early scenes, one which was the subspace enemies taking over the halbred, and another that involved why Dedede was trophy nappin in the first place.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Blackheart posted:

I think I've mentioned this like a million times but that boss you fight on the Halberd's deck should have been motherfucking HEAVY LOBSTER :argh:

instead of some nobody twin headed robo dude.

Man I was hopin Sakurai would of made Kracko a boss but no, I mean he even had a trophy model they coulda used!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The best thing about SSE was realizing how amazing a team of King Dedede, Ness and Luigi would really be.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

All 3000 of them should dress as Ridley. Give Nintendo a hint. :colbert:

yeah that only 3000 people like Ridley.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

That's a bit of a leap. Sakurai strikes me as a dude that just likes to have some toys around.

I believe Sakurai tends to use action figures and nendoroids for poses for such to use in Smash.
He tweeted a pic once showing off a battle between Pit, Charizard, Ness and Dark Pit I believe.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

holy poo poo he looks great in HD :allears:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I highly doubt Ike being in means there won't be a 3rd FErep, who will most likely be Chrom anyways.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So this is a thing
The rumor is someone "leaked the roster" for the best buy demo kit/E3 Showfloor Demo
The 3's represent CPU levels and not the Player 1/2/3 thing.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Another pic, the dude who made/captured all these is saying "this is the last pic i could get while testing out the booth. wanted to show both versions 1 for public and 1 for tourny. tourny has megaman and mac"

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Whoa when did Midway make a game starring a medieval red power ranger.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This isn't flying, this is falling, with style!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

No Canada option :negative:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

man I hope whoever picks Kirby gets the chance to show us Megaman helmet copy.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I wonder exactly how the draft is going to work for the characters. They showed 20 characters available to the 16 players, and the trailer made it sound like a player would be locked into one character the whole time. It'd probably be most fair to have players pick characters at random out of a hat or something, because if they did something like picking players out of a hat and letting the first player choose from everyone, that could be super unbalanced.

Basically whats going to happen is each player draws a number out of a hat for ordering, whoever gets first pic gets to choose who they want to play.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Nice, been a while since a stage reveal.
Hopefully the transformation includes a bowser castle finally.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Dresh posted:

All right, how many other people are expecting a Pac-Man reveal tomorrow? We haven't had that argument in a while. We can probably right him out entirely if he's not shown during E3, but I'm certain Namco will get some kind of playable character.

Pac-Man and Mii

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Your past self would never loving believe you. Even if you showed him physical proof he'd think you were tricking him

"no dude i'm serious Mario, Sonic and Megaman duke it out on some metroid level crap, also Zelda is not actually the guy you play as, trust me i'm legit"

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocVx20fS_M&feature=youtu.be&a

Off screen Smash gameplay.

Shadow is still an Assist Trophy, RIP Miiverse people,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnvZPtNwO0I some more offscreen footage

Megamans victory pose is the Megaman 2 official art :haw:

• Locked thread