Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Sceptile would be pretty cool.
If Sceptile got in, I'd expect an irritating deluge of "HOENN REMAKE CONFIRMED" jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Oh gently caress yes.
Also let you customize your sword make it a light saber or a glorious katana or a baseball bat. Just go all out Nintendo. Just go all out.
I hope I can smack people around with Sock Em Boppers on my hands.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm pretty sure Pac-Man is actually more recognizable than Mario.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Lucina is actually super lame, should've been Anna instead

Unironically this. Anna's showed up in almost every Fire Emblem game so far, so she should be an Assist Trophy at least.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 14, 2014

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Captain Falcon fighting Chrom, Robin, and Lucina makes some sense if you think about it too much. Split-second decisions and staying in motion vs. taking time to plan out your next moves. Falcon and the FE characters represent games with drastically different paces.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I want Professor Layton to be in this game just he can have a final smash that makes the player solve a puzzle or it does nothing.

Then they can add Phoenix Wright and have THE REAL PROFESSOR LAYTON VS PHOENIX WRIGHT.
I'm still surprised Phoenix showed up for MvC and not Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I figured he'd be included in the Nintendo-exclusive crossover.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Also I like how it's acknowledged that Falcon is so rad he needs to to be announced in a video even when he's been around forever.
Much like how Awakening panders to lonely otaku, Falcon's dramatic entrance panders to meme-loving fucks.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
All of this controversy could have been avoided if she'd been given a Brave Lance to dual wield with. I know Falchion is her iconic weapon, but she could use Lances upon promoting, too.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Wolf is totally out lol :smug:
He's been replaced by Krystal. In her Adventures outfit.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

I want depressed Chrom to be a meme now.
ASKS HIS HAND TO MARRY HIM

GETS REJECTED

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Water-Raccoon posted:

Ness: People want Lucas instead, Lucas has better characterization, and Mother 3 is hype among fans, not like has-been Earthbound.
Jigglypuff: Do I really need to explain how revulsed a lot of peeps are with her, and how hard people want Mewtwo back? Plus, she barely dodged the knife once back in Brawl.
Wolf: Spacie clone. I liked his brutish style of fighting, but there's no need for him if Falco's back, and I think Falco may be hinted at by Captain Falcon's picture(the one with him exiting the Blue Falcon in his intro).
R.O.B.: Meet the single most hated character this side of G&W.
Sorry, but Jiggly isn't gonna be cut. She's the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan, much like how Lucas was included because Mother 3 had recently been released in Japan. Also, R.O.B isn't that unpopular. He's got a few fans due to his playstyle.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Again, Jigglypuff is really well-liked in Japan, so you don't have to worry about her getting kicked out, and R.O.B isn't as reviled as you might think. The only character in your list I can see being cut is Wolf.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Well color me surprised, oh well those games trash so who gives a gently caress. Hahaha. Do want Snake back though.

Are Falcon's new colors a reference to other characters in F-Zero? Seems like he has a silver outfit and a orange one.
what

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Sakurai has a Waluigi doll behind him during the Smash Bros direct. He loves taunting and loving with the fans
Like mentioning Ridley without specifying the role he plays in-game.

But we all know he's going to be a stage hazard or some poo poo. Come in Sakurai, just tear off this bandaid already :negative:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If he/she showed up, he/she would probably kick Falcon's teeth in. Kid's a monster unless you gently caress up really badly.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Kirby, she's blue, has a mask, and wields a sword, but that is not Metaknight. Get down from there.
She'll probably make great friends with Peach over tea. Peach has an impressive track record of doing that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Most of those things are spoilers, but who cares, now that everybody knows Lucina is Chrom's daughter.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

I didn't mean to slam DCKR, I just mean I like the pirate theme more. :shobon:

I haven't played DKCR2 yet either. Does the viking theme come through strongly? Because I think I could really get behind that.
Well, I don't have the actual game, but I've heard some awesome metal music that I would like to hear in SSB4.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The videos are down, but the cleansing has not yet finished. There are certain individuals Nintendo would like to have a word with :unsmigghh:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Excels posted:

i am so angry about [character]

i wanted [poo poo nobodys heard of] to get in, not loving [clone] and [character from game i havent played]!

what the gently caress is [nintendo/sakurai] doing to this series
Ooh, Mad Libs! Let's see...Dark Pit, Sceptile, Dr. Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, aaaaaaaand I guess Nintendo. I feel bad for Sakurai and his hands.

Seriously, though, I also wonder what Dr. Mario's Final Smash will be. Summoning viruses to squash his enemies? Trapping his enemies in a prescription bottle and shaking them up? I hope it's not two giant pills, but I have a bad feeling it will be.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Excels posted:

two dragons made of pills fly from his hands
Ah, so he summons the physical manifestation of over-the-counter drug addiction. This game is getting an M for sure.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

If it's a video of Sakurai sobbing I may get erect. I am ashamed to say this but I will not lie.
Why do you sustain yourself on the tears of such diligent workers, you shameless leech?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

I understand firing him, but he didn't hurt anyone in the process of leaking this poo poo and he's probably going to get hosed to hell and back with lawsuits and court fees.
Long-term planning is an important skill to have.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

homphgomph posted:

Not sure if this was shared, but Gamespot has a video showing off all the leak stuff...and that's all well and good, but at the end of the video he says that Nintendo has a "shocking" announcement tomorrow at 6 AM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1jqY6k4M4

Hmmmm...
It's going to be shocking because Sakurai is going to withhold all previously planned announcements and POTDs until SSB4 comes out. I mean, the really juicy bits are out for everyone to see, so why bother?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

I am willing to be Charizard's special art costume is just him in a solid red/purple color all over with solid yellow eyes. There. You got Ridley. Shut up.
Well it's a dragon, but it's neither from space nor a pirate. You didn't even give it an eyepatch. 1/3 would not delude myself with.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

You leak AND smash and you'll be the one cleaning it up.
I've never gotten smashed because I'm afraid I'll leak

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

mr.capps posted:

What is going to happened is that they are going to announce that they found the leaker and will be revealing him. The leaker is than unmasked on live camera, revealed to be Hideo Kojima. "Kept you waiting huh?" he'll say as Snake is revealed to be in the game.
I wonder if Kojima is going to give his third party disguise shtick another go in the future, or if he's retired it for good.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

.TakaM posted:

Ganondorf and captain Falcon
Captain Falcon DLC for Hyrule Warriors when? I'm going to be really sad if I can't have Captain Falcon fight against a version of Ganondorf who actually uses his swords.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

The leaks just keep coming

Somebody (or several somebodies) showed that to Kamiya. He blocked them and expressed his disgust colorfully, as usual.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I hope the track selection for Final Destination has music from other game series, because I would love to fight while this played in the background.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm still disappointed Toon Link's FS isn't him jumping off an opponent and shoving his sword into their forehead after descending, like he did to Ganondorf in Wind Waker. :black101:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Excels posted:

A Phoenix Wright character Assist Trophy would be nice. :3: Maybe like Fran or Tracey.
Maybe Phoenix himself will be an AT. It might be the best he'll get in this game, because I think he stands little chance of being a full-fledged playable character, given his appearance in MvC.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Dunban posted:

Sceptile is pretty popular and it probably wouldn't be too hard to come up with a moveset for him.

Alas.
Yeah, Sceptile's odds aren't looking too bright. Only way it can get in is as one of the :supaburn:FINAL FIVE:supaburn:, but we don't even know if that's a sure thing.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Excels posted:

That's why Roy never came back. He turned out to be lame in his own FE title and now only people who never played his game want him back in Smash.
Artix's title says it all, really.

I'm still surprised that Fire Emblem has 4 characters. They're right below Legend of Zelda's 5, and LoZ is one of Nintendo's most famous franchises. Awakening must have been really well-recieved.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

It was, and also Fire Emblem has over a dozen titles which is pretty huge
So huge that I expected FE to be given the Musou treatment instead of Legend of Zelda. Of course, everyone in the series uses some combination of swords, axes, lances, knives, bows, and fire/lightning/wind/light/dark magic, so there's not a whole lot of room for variation there.

Edit: But the Black Knight is an almost perfect analogue for Lu Bu. I can hear him calmly asking "Can anybody provide me with a decent challenge" after cutting down the latest commander to face him.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Lucina (Sword,)
Lucina can use lances upon promoting to Great Lord. It's a shame her signature weapon is a sword, because I'd like to see her pull out a Brave Lance or a similar weapon for some of her attacks.

Same with Ike and axes. Just imagine him using Ragnell and Urvan in concert. In fact, if Lucina used lances and Ike used axes, every corner of the FE weapon triangle would make an appearance.

• Locked thread