Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Closed the old thread before I could post this. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mercury Crusader posted:

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.

Ivysaur was the best Pokemon Trainer mon. :smith:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So do we know if this new one is going to have dumb poo poo like tripping? or will this be an actual game like meelee?

Yes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Chrom as a Stage Boss?

If any Awakening character was a stage hazard, it'd have to Grima or Naga. I mean they're the only ones revered as gods and have purportedly way more power than any of the playable characters.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spectacle Rock posted:

I just did some Googling.
Greninja is Gekkouga in Japan.

So, in English I'd call that Gay-Kuh-O-Ew-Gah. That's hard to say. Glad they went with Greninja however you are supposed to say it.

Ew, no. You know how Google Translate has audio pronunciation? It works pretty much perfectly with Japanese since it's a syllabic language.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

It's done by Yoko Shimomura the same composer. The music's great and all but all her work seems to blend together.

She did an arrangement of Ravel's Bolero, didn't she? I think it'd be fun if you could have it play during timed matches. How short the matches are is how quickly the music gets louder. :yayclod:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Yeah, I'd expect it to maybe hit a bit harder than the beam sword, but the range gets shorter with each use. I'm guessing it loses one of those fireballs with every hit.

Well, considering that Sakurai says exactly that in his post, probably! It was also shown doing that in the direct.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Echo Chamber posted:

HOLY poo poo. First reason to go to Best Buy in a long time.

This video is so goddamn silly and I love it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PantsBandit posted:

I mean both conglomerates are wrong as gently caress because anyone other than Donny is a stupid choice.

Look, I'm just saying that between the two of them, only one of them had to be awkwardly censored in the DLC and it sure wasn't Henry. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nothing from Rhythm Heaven Fever, 0/10.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pixeltendo posted:

So this is a thing
The rumor is someone "leaked the roster" for the best buy demo kit/E3 Showfloor Demo
The 3's represent CPU levels and not the Player 1/2/3 thing.

I find it really hard to believe that if they were going to go with a more limited roster than the pool of characters already revealed, they would leave out almost all of the newcomers.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

D1 = Dublin 1 postal district of course. Everybody there will be commentating on smash bros.

It'd be more interesting than golf anyway.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JethroMcB posted:

The Devil's Third trailer posted on the OFFICIAL Nintendo YouTube channel today has an uncensored "Motherfucker" in it.

This ain't your father's Nintendo.

Flock off.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Luma op, please nerf.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Conan O'Brien's going to playing Smash on his show tonight.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

madeupfred posted:

That would make sense, but Street Pass Mii Plaza's latest software only gives you the title of the game, not the time you play it. The representative was playing a game labelled "Super Smash Bros. Jun 05 2014 12:35:56"

Could it be a demo unit that happened to also have the Streetpass Plaza activated? It'd make sense that the name's not finalized in that case, right?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Water-Raccoon posted:

Because this means Chorus Men from the leak are probably gone, along with Shulk(admittedly, I don't really care about him). The Sneaky Spirit might just be a Brawl-Era Animal Crossing stage. Representation without playability. Granted, empty speculation, but it hurts to go from 100% certainty to 0%.

Supposed leaks on the internet are never going to be 100% certainties, don't be silly.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If any characters from Rhythm Heaven were to get in, it should be the Donk Donk guys.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE loving MOON posted:

There's no reason why Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can't both be in. Jigglypuff will be at least.

edit: I forget, did they ever show off Charizards final smash? Is it a mega-evo?

They showed off this anyway.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Calaveron posted:

Man but I loved watching Brawl videos inbetween classes in college back when the game first came out in Japan. Won't be the same now because recording from the 3DS is hard/expensive.

It's not like there isn't a deluge of 3DS videos on Youtube already though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Color Printer posted:

Also I wish Nintendo would re-remix Together We Ride instead of using the same drat track from Melee again.

Well, it's not like they could have taken it from Awakening. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Water-Raccoon posted:

Six Mario? I counted five. Mario + Luigi + Peach + Bowser + RosaLuma?

Also, I dunno. I guess I'm just intimidated by the jump in reps. I figured FE might get three characters. Four just caught me by surprise and makes me worry for vets I want to return.

Yoshi's practically a Mario character and Wario is probably not gonna get cut.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE loving MOON posted:

Chrom's not bad really, he just doesn't really leave an impression. He's about as vanilla paste as FE lords get.

(source)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Supercar Gautier posted:

The week before Black Friday is a pretty standard holiday release date for Nintendo, so the 21st is totally plausible.

It's also the exact same date the Pokemon games are dropping, but I don't know if there's precedent for Nintendo releasing multiple first party games on the same day.

e: beaten

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PantsBandit posted:

Especially if the kid is overweight. It's like when my parents bought me math blaster as a kid because they wanted to subtly disguise my terrible math skills with a videogame.

Maybe they wanted you to be better at math. :shobon:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait that's not how the word's pronounced?

Usually, the second syllable isn't made distinct from the following g sound, so it comes out to something like ho-mag-geneous. Or just throw it up in Google Translate.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Source your quotes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dr.acula posted:

I would totally use that as an avatar but its too big sadly.

This might be :thejoke: but:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dunban posted:

In the US at least. Europe gets it one week later, on the 28th.

Persona Q is also out that day :shepspends:

Persona Q releases on November 25th actually! :v:

Doesn't really help, I know.

e: Unless you're talking about Europe.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I see this isn't a great stream to be following on headphones.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
"more better"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
ZSS has the most sarcastic clap.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Folt The Bolt posted:

Nabbed this Bowsercide gif from the SmashBoards:

Best moment is now forever saved. :allears:

When this gif was first loading for me, it was playing in slow motion. Now that it's at normal speed, some of the magic is lost.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gastly on the other hand is loving huge for how big you think it is. In the anime it's about a foot or so, but it's supposed to be over four feet tall.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Pissweak posted:

There aren't enough Fire Emblem characters.

Specifically there aren't enough characters from Awakening.

Specifically Smash needs Awakening's entire roster.

But is Grima too big?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

It was kind of funny in Uprising because Magnus is like 'this is blatantly a trap' and then Pit is all 'treasure!' and the game basically convinces you to go grab it despite just blatantly telling you it's a trap.

Also Mimicutie's still dropped treasure when defeated so it wasn't so bad. It's when mimics are hard to kill and give you no treasure that they're a pain.

No, they usually don't. The best example I can think of is when you're forced to fight three Mimicuties in Chapter 24, and none of those drop anything.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's the total opposite of Pokemon X and Y which run like garbage in 3D and frequently disable 3D entirely. I'm amazed they can get Smash running better than Pokemon of all things, a turn-based game mostly consisting of animals standing around staring at eachother.

It might be that Game Freak just isn't very good with optimization. Look at how well their first foray into the DS ran.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chaltab posted:

Green is not a primary color.

Well unless you mean wavelength colors in which case we can look forward to Pokemon Magenta and Pokemon Cyan.

Pokemon Antigreen and Antired.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm starting to doubt that it's possible to even make a Ridley render that doesn't look like complete garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xad posted:

I think one of my favorite things about KI:U is that Dark Pit has a different insulting nickname in every localized version of the game, and in the Japanese version, they call him "Brad Pitt" :v:

How do you figure that? Blapi from Black Pit seems like standard Japanese contraction going on.

• Locked thread