Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.
My very first starter when I played Blue back in the day was Bulbasaur.
And in Platinum, I used Turtwig. So there. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Hatsune Miku wormed her foul way into Super Robot Wars so at this point anything goes.
Addendum: Miku got into the aforementioned SRW game via a fan made custom figure based on a character from the Virtual-On series.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, as others have said, I was not expecting Ike to return and was expecting Chrom to replace him. But hey, he's back and maybe will get a changed up move set (e.g., adding in Axes to fit with his final Vanguard class).

But, to continue supporting previous comments, they need to bring his dull monotone taunts from Brawl back.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And all of the New York ones are nowhere near me. Dammit. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Do it right.

To make this on topic, I think Sonic should have a cherry color.
That was something that bugged me in Brawl: all of Sonic's alternate colors were various tweaks on his regular appearance (e.g., shoe colors got tweaked mostly).

Why not give him alt colors based on other Sonic characters this time? I'd be down for an Eggman alt or even a Silver alt.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Godot confirmed.
He has a taunt where he chugs down a mug of coffee, but if you attack Godot during the animation, he counters with an attack that does exactly 17% damage.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you live in NYC, the Nintendo World Store will have playable Smash for the public between June 11th-15th, all hours of the day, not just 45 seconds like at Best Buy.

http://www.nintendoworldstore.com/
Excellent.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wild Knight posted:

fuuuuck, it's gonna be so crowded there isn't it.

i am so dragging my sister to this and we will be part of the mob.
Yeah, as glad as I am there's a demo near me (more or less), the Nintendo Store is smack dab in the middle of the Rockerfeller Center area, which is one of Manhattan's many tourist traps.

Then again, most of the tourists would be moving too slow for their own good, meaning you can easily take advantage of this and jump ahead of them. Yes, this is coming from about 30 years of personal experience living in NYC.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I will accept Crisis City either as a stage or as music. But mostly as selectable music.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm holding out for Death Egg from S3&K with the gigantic Egg Robot in the background trying to squash you with its metal fingers and shooting fire at you from its nose.
If I can get that with E.G.G.M.A.N. as the BGM, I'm down for that stage choice.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Fire Emblem Arena stage doesn't have RNG spite as a stage hazard. :mad:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I loved Earthworm Jim back in the day. Shame to hear that his creator is such a shitheel. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neowyrm posted:

Speaking of Sword Men, I'd like to see more Golden Sun representation in Smash Bros. Playable Isaac would be nice, especially because he'd only have a few attacks that use the sword, the rest would be Psynergy.

Like just imagine how great Move would be as a forward smash
My only question would be, which Djinn Summon is his Final Smash: Judgment or Charon? Or do they wimp out and have it be the Odyssey Psynergy?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excels posted:

If Nintendo buys Capcom, Smash 5 is going to be extremely good.
Provided Nintendo doesn't collapse from inheriting whatever debts Capcom has accrued over the years.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dunban posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIWNJDdrCA

New 3DS trailer.

Seems like there's a Steel Diver stage.
I see Samurai Goroh will return as an Assist Trophy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Nah. For all official artwork a character has their mother's hair color. They could just use that.
Except Kjelle, for some reason.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am glad to see N's Castle as a stage.

Hopefully, it won't be as tedious as Spear Pillar was in Brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dunban posted:

Today (it's already the 3rd in Japan) is Sakurai's birthday. According to a tweet of his, he didn't even notice it was his birthday because he was still hard at work.
I only pray that someone on the team told Sakurai to take a day off and let everyone else work today.

Or at least bought him a wonderful dinner as a present after work.

• Locked thread