Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

And with that we can go back to discussing pseudo-confirmations of Falcon and Wario, Alfonzo edits, and the City Trial Metroidvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was Smash Run confirmed for online play? I know he said multiplayer but didn't know if that was online or not.

Maybe. It sounds like he says it will be here, but it's worded weirdly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=2057s

In the section about Smash Run he does compare the random fighter part to a "simple online match".

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 9, 2014

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

FPzero posted:

Oh god I never even noticed the Blue Shell.

Wh...What does it do? :ohdear:

Ends friendships in two separate franchises.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

No Wario or Waluigi. These are dark fuckin' times, friends.

If you look at the last couple pages of the old thread, it looks like Nintendo accidentally leaked Wario, or at least a Wario stage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

greatn posted:

Yeah I'd have to think Final Destination hugely favors Mac because with no platforms he has no reason to ever jump, his one weakness.

Then you throw in Kirby or someone else who's in the air a lot.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

Oh this reminds me, like someone else already said, why the gently caress doesnt skull kid crash a moon into the stage?!?!

I'm assuming that he's the random effect type character like clefairy or Tingle. But that's mostly based on the fact that Palkia does the stage flip thing too, and Skull Kid did hundreds of little curses in Majoras Mask (locking a mountain in eternal winter, making you a plant, de-aging Kefei, moon falling, etc)

Also looking back at Greninja's reveal, when all the pokeball item Pokemon showed up at the beginning I spotted Oshawott, Burmy, Slurpee, Inkay, Chespin, Snivy, and Giratina in that crowd.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 9, 2014

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

LaserBaconMan posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the Drill Arm from Kid Icarus: Uprising, now alongside the Ore Club as an item in Smash.

This whole time I thought that was the Rock-Needle combine copy power from Kirby 64.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DrPaper posted:

No let's just put Pac-man in instead.

The primary reason I'd be opposed to Pac-Man is that Namco would probably try to force the new one in all of his fart joke spouting glory.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DrPaper posted:

What ever happened to recurring pre-Brawl poll toppper Geno from Super Mario RPG?

I'm guessing the fans finally realized that if Sakurai struck a deal with Square for a 3rd party character, Geno wouldn't even be in the top 5 list of the characters that they wanted.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Geno makes a small (visual) cameo in Mario & Luigi so I'm not sure that Square actually owns that character, it may just be that Nintendo doesn't recognize him as important. Same reason why we'll never see Wart as a fighter.

Nintendo had to get Square's permission and credit Square for that cameo.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Interesting. So Square's been okay with them using him though. I mean a Square partnership isn't IMPLAUSIBLE, though there probably won't be such a collaboration in THIS iteration of Smash. Maybe the next one.

Like I said earlier, I highly doubt Nintendo would use a 3rd party deal to get yet another Mario character into Smash Bros. Maybe Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, TWEWY or a KH original character.

Also all of your dream rosters are awful for excluding the one perfect Nintendo character.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 15, 2014

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

greatn posted:

3DS needs an Earthbound stage based on Threed.

3DS will most likely get a Mother 3 stage to keep with the handheld theme.
For that same reason, I'm hoping the 3DS will get a Wave Race stage to compliment the WiiU's pilotwings stage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

I really want some Xenoblade music in the game, but I'm not really fussed about characters or stages. Maybe the Monado as a super strong, rare item.

I don't see why people want Shulk in the game when Dunban was a far better character in every regard. I was seriously disappointed when the prologue ended and I realized he wasn't going to stay the main character.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Echo Chamber posted:

I only just learned Sakurai voiced Dedede in Brawl. :aaaaa:

He voiced Dedede in everything since Kirby 64. Even the anime (just in Japan of course).

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

They should make an original Robot Master named Smash Man and create a stage for him in the Smash Runner engine.

Disappearing blocks and quick lasers everywhere.
:getin:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

We don't talk about that game.

Can't we talk about how well Isaac rocked a beard in that game?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It could be four with Waluigi! He oozes so much personality it spills over onto the fans.

This is the person who will save Nintendo.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Using Deviantart is unfair; some of the people there are barely sane and horny on a level that defies description. There's probably several hundred entries on the forbidden love between Mario's left shoe and a koopa's shell. Almost half of those would be fat fetish variants.

You describe that as if it weren't a sane fetish.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Charizard is clearly sharing his health with that helper Waddle Dee.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

InterrupterJones posted:

So we can expect to see Waddle Dee x Charizard fanfics soon enough.

I'm sure they already exist by this point.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The real important question. Are we getting Bandanna Dee?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A friend was just discussing that he thinks the 3DS version will launch with an incomplete roster at first so they can keep a few characters secret for the WiiU release, then release the rest as free DLC.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm still hoping that box art design is an alternate costume for Rock.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Pixeltendo posted:

It's also the last song before greninjas trailer in the Smash direct, and its awesome and whimsical.

Wasn't that last song the Credits theme from 64 and the Tournament theme from Melee mixed together?

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 27, 2014

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Just the way the 3ds version rolls. Check the other screenshots, even playable characters have the shadowpuddles.

I'm guessing it's just that much more prominent with Midna 'cause of how topheavy she is. I mean that helmet's like 3x as wide as her lower torso for chrissakes.

That plus her own game had her jumping in and out of her own shadow puddle constantly.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I'm really disappointed that we are talking about pizza and no one has mentioned the best song in Brawl.

That ain't the EarthBound store theme.

Also great to see Dillon made it into the game in some capacity. Figured he would be to limited to be playable.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Volt Catfish posted:

Your jealously over not being an international pop diva is staggering

Your jealousy over not being a delicious cheesy pie, or an armadillo, is staggering.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cleretic posted:

gently caress the Smash/Punch-Out skins, this thing clearly needs a K. Rool skin.

I believe you ment to say "King Dedede" skin. :colbert:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I wonder what kind of Kirby stage we're actually going to get for Super Smash Bros 4.

Assuming the Wii U version is going to have a stage based on a console game it would have to come from either Return to Dreamland of Epic Yarn. I love RtDL but it doesn't have all that many signature locales. Lor Starcutter is the first thing I can think of but we already have the Halberd stage coming back and I think the two might be too similar. Magolor's home planet could make a pretty good stage, but I'm not sure if that would be recognizably Kirby.

My money is actually on Quilty Square from Kirby's Epic Yarn for the console's stage.

I can't comment on a 3DS stage because I haven't played Kirby Triple Deluxe yet, but from the footage I've seen so far it looks to have a lot more recognizable areas than RtDL. The mirror palace, the train level and the Flowery Woods arena look like stand-outs to me. Especially the Flowery Woods arena, because I think they could get really creative with that.

Of course there's always a chance that we'll just get another Green Greens stage, but I like to hope for something better. :shobon:

I'm half expecting them to recycle a stage from the Kirby Fighters mode. If we get that Bubbly Clouds stage with Kracko I will be happy.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Clearly every trophy reveal he's shown so far will be playable.
I eagerly await Saria vs. Wonder Red vs. King Kihunter vs Pseudo Palutena during the E3 tournament.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

He is seriously loving with people about the Ridley thing huh

Clearly Pong is Ridley's new pupa stage between rabbit and pterodactyl.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I thought most of the cutscenes were for laughs? I honestly only remember like two that weren't. The rest is "Lucario finds Snake hiding in a cardboard box" and "Princess Peach lazily sips tea while poo poo is going down."

You forget King Dedede casually pimp-slapping Bowser.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I view this as irrefutable proof that there is a loving and just God out there.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 28, 2014

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Nintendo just put up this video, which has some information on the Smash Bros 4 tournament that's going to be at E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw

Nothing to special for the most part but uhh... be sure to keep watching until the very end. :stare:

e: ronpaulitshappening.gif

Dammit. I was seriously hoping we could finally move past that controller.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

Pac Man would be an abomination no matter which form and I can only hope and pray that Nintendo sees the light and gives us our one true messiah, Ridley, hallowed is His name.

We all know that Nintendo's true savior is OctoG123.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Out of curiosity could anyone tell what the song playing on the Pilotwings stage was?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I just noticed from watching the Treehouse Tournament, the post battle song is the character select song from the first game.
That was a nice addition.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

They updated the official website and added a 3DS section (Wii U section is "coming soon"):

http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/index.html

An entry about Smash Run http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/gamemode/entry2.html

An entry about Online, including FD form of Wii U stages: http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/gamemode/entry1.html

I'm REAAAALY hoping that Pac-Land stage has a FD variant, because I want to fight there but I'm not particularly fond of the scrolling mechanic.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rita Repulsa posted:

How would one vary kirby's b move I wonder

That post has me wondering, will Kirby copy modified b moves or just the default ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

We all know what this game really needs.

• Locked thread