Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Also if it's a video then it probably won't reflect the gap between the screens, just like every 3DS trailer that doesn't show the console.

I'm only holding out hope since it has Shulk in it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Leak is real 2401

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bicyclops posted:

Someone make a big nerd spreadsheet of who thinks the leak is fake and who believes it is real, that will be a refreshing change. or like challenge somebody with an interesting toxx. I dunno.

They did this on NeoGAF. Somebody literally went through their huge thread and wrote down who thinks the leak is real and who thinks it's fake and tagged them as #teamreal and #teamfake or sometning. That's literally something somebody did.

Please nobody do this. Go outside instead.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ahahaha please google GamemasterAnthony, you won't be disappointed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I don't care if he's the shittiest fighter but if Shulk is in then I will play him forever. Before that, Peach and Zelda were my go-tos but the possibility of Shulk in the game has made me really want to pick it up.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Excels posted:

Considering Xenoblade 2 is coming out, no?

But it's not a direct sequal? Xenoblade tells a complete story in one game and on one disc. Xenoblade X is just a spiritual sequel.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lmao at all the people on the internet vehemently denying the leak to be real. If it's fake then it's one of the most polished, well thought out leaks I've ever seen.

I remember the way we found out which characters were in Brawl was like 2 days before the Japanese release with some guy posting on 4chan what characters were unlocked via Adventure mode.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nintendo responds to the leak in a way no one expected.

Also why do all the sites list Neogaf when it was started on 4chan? I mean yeah don't loving link to it but seems silly to claim it started there.

To be clear, their vanilla response to any rumor or leak is "we do not comment or respond to any rumor" so for them to respond with "we have no new announcements" is pretty big and pretty much confirms the videos if you read between the lines.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Leaker supposedly just confirmed Mewtwo and Dixie are two of the new characters.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

first one yes second one no

how pathetic does your life have to be for you to be smug about being right about a leak for super smas- oh a dangan ronpa avatar that explains it

dude you're posting in a Smash Bros. thread in a games forum on the internet, you have like.. zero room to try and point from your ivory tower. We're all massive losers here.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

yeah that's true but my point is that people going 'lol im so glad i was right lol you all thought it was fake i was right' aren't very fun posts to read

remember that one guy who was ridiculously desperate to have people validate him because he got robin's mechanics right

when you make a post like that, you turn into that guy

i do not want to read these posts, sam i am

That's true, but between you and me, if I saw "I was right about the Smash bros leak" on somebody's resume, I would hire them on the spot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

NecroMonster posted:

Yeah, people should look at /v/

Very few people here know what v looks like.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hellioning posted:

I think I'm the one person in the world not excited for the Duck Hunt Dog. My first reaction was 'how do you even make that into a character?' but I guess they managed with the Ice Climbers so I'm currently rolling with 'It's a nostalgia thing and I'm not old enough to have played it.'

Oh well, yay for Shulk!

You're not old enough to have played Duck Hunt? gently caress this current millennial generation, full of poo poo heads that know nothing of their gaming roots, idiots.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bobnumerotres posted:

I just have no idea how the hell that would be a character. I mean would it just be a dog with a bunch of dog attacks and maybe its B moves involved throwing ducks and off-screen shooting people? I need to see it in action to believe.

I don't know they made ROB a character and he's just a plastic robot that moved color rings from one peg to another?? I bet the big shots at Nintendo did something like, brainstorm things with their imaginations and digital and real pens and threw ideas out there, like, for example, maybe they brainstormed to have the dog use the duck as a weapon, as you said? Maybe they gave him lasers like ROB? Just throwing it out there.. can you dig?

Bicyclops posted:

loving lazy entitled fuckers can't even be bothered to solve a puzzlecube in order to reveal a screenshot of the tiniest portion of the menu, too. Probably too busy taking selfies of their newfangled cell phone games!

This guy gets it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wild Knight posted:

so this is all confirmation that I really need to start up and finish Xenoblade, right?

'Cause after Zelda/Sheik and Lucas's trophy I don't trust the trophy writers to not spoil Xenoblade's whole plot in Shulk's trophy.

Yes, please finish it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

BrownClown posted:

All of the other leaks were from a monitor. This one's on a 3DS somehow...

It's fake.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Literally a lot can change in 1 year.

e: ah I get the context of the conversation, nevermind.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Does NOE not have an internal UAT environment they publish these pages on first? They always seem to be the ones that accidentally leak poo poo that NOA and NCL don't want to show off yet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kurtofan posted:

We can't talk about the final five

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Why do people want Ice Climbers in this game? They're stupid useless and people who like them are mentally hosed up because they like stupid characters they can relate with.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

drat, project morpheus is looking good

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

oddium posted:

I can't tell you which Square character they slipped in but it'll leave you saying "gee, no way" ;p

square characters huh?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

majormonotone posted:

When the ? Block joins the battle, Alfonzo holds the power-ups. "Leave it to me!"

Is Alfonzo from Zelda?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
uhh Lucas is basically just Ness with blonde hair, why do people want him back so much? Just like the Ice Climbers, he's a useless character only idiots like, sorry for the truth post.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dunban posted:

I'm gonna beat you up

Okay but it doesn't change the fact that Lucas is dumb and useless, which is why he isn't in this game despite his supposed superior up smash and use of a snake, which is clearly why he's not coming back.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

isn't this also why you're no longer a mod

My amazing up smash and use of a snake? Yeah, kinda.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Guys I appreciate the deflection of your sadness in the form of ad hominem attacks but can we please stay focused on how Lucas is pretty much useless and that's why he's not returning? Thank you.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

g0lbez posted:

did you not read that loving comic posted earlier??

I did, and then I made the anime guy holding wine face in front of my monitor while holding wine and swishing it around while whispering "good, good..".

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

sharrrk posted:

What color do you associate with Wii Fit

White people

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lmao at the people thinking that Shulk is a boring character. I tried to tell you years ago this was THE game to buy for the Wii.. I told you bros...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Beef Waifu posted:

Louisgod I bought that loving game after you made like three different threads about and I still can't play it consistently. It's got that issue every dumb jrpg has where the opening parts of the game are a giant slog.

The first 8 hours can be a bit of a slog but once you get to the level shown in Shulk's trailer you'll rescind your words and hail me as your new god

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The New 3DS isn't coming to the US until 2015 so we'll either see it March or August, so if you're gonna wait to buy a 3DS or Xenoblade enjoy the wait.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Folt The Bolt posted:

Shulk getting in is great! Him bringing along the best party members for the ride as assists (or something) is even greater! The fact that he appears to have a stance system going on is the greatest! And then there's his alt... :allears:

If the rumor is true that each character has 8 alts then it's kinda somewhat possible we'll see an Alvis or even Dunban skin or something similar.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Leadthumb posted:

I'm watching videos of the combat, game looks boring as poo poo. No thanks.

I also judge games by random videos on the internet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I think the fact that Nintendo teamed up with Namco and probably borrowed a lot of art talent from Monolithsoft means they were able to churn out a ton of content in a short amount of time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So how many Hitlers and Jesuses can we expect to see within a few online matches? More important question, what kind of Mii fighter would Hitler be if he were alive today (he is)?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wario's bike provided an unfair and injustice to the competetive scene therefore it needed to be excavated and replaced with a less competitively impactful move, nullifying and mitigating the manchildren from whining dining and crying. Furthermore and hereth unto thyselfith, Wario-san was alas lost to the ages. Lastly and finally, verily, I am a virgin lest in eternia el gato

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I hope you all enjoy these last two weeks leading up to the return of motorcycle wario in Smash 4 and the ensuing year of project m radio silence

Project Mute

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
a second Ridley has hit the towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I just want to smash with bros, offline and online, without running into the virgin patrol that dissects everything about fighting games and basically makes them not fun.

• Locked thread