Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Why Greninja in particular?

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

horriblePencilist posted:

I think Nintendo is trying to guilt-trip Capcom into just giving Megaman to them.

It's not like Capcom is ever going to make another Mega Man game anyway. They don't pull those CALL OF DUTY NUMBERS (tm)! Or whatever excuse they use these days.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Overbite posted:

I think nintendo should add Triple H to smash bros.

Only if his Final Smash is him burying the entire Smash Bros. roster.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Excels posted:

What are some stages you would want in the game?

An auto-scrolling stage based on Gumshoe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhpZkoOIGw

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

Come on Square, you know you want in on this sweet smash bros. action.

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

LIGHTNING just kinda shows up I guess.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

^^^ Yeah that

Patter Song posted:

Nintendo console rule: Lightning hasn't been on one.

Counterpoint: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

So it'll be Theatrhythm version Lightning, obviously.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Captain Mog posted:

I have to say, as glad as I am that SSB will be on 3DS, I can't say I understand Nintendo's reasoning in releasing it before the Wii U one, especially since 90% of U owners cite that as THE reason they even purchased it. Have they given up on the U at last? Because I see zero reason to buy the Wii U version since the 3DS version is basically the same and the 3DS is the far better system anyway.

It's a real mystery, but don't you worry! The Internet's crack business and marketing experts are on the case!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Obviously, what Smash Bros. needs is a Season Pass, Online Pass, and On-Disc DLC to get with the times.

Excels posted:

DLC that gives every character a gun.

all your attacks kill in one hit

GameStop pre-order exclusive

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Pac-Man can work in Smash because he fits. As in, he's not too large.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Reiley posted:

There's really only one Tekken fighter fit for Smash

Gon is not a Namco character, but he is a manga character.

Goku is also a manga character.

In short, put Gon and Goku in the game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Put Call of Duty Guy in Smash, he's super iconic and CoD is the best game ever, you can even buy specially marked packages of Mountain Dew for DOUBLE XP in Smash.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

They already shoved him in a crossover game this year but he's a low-tier strategy RPG pick when this is also in the game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I couldn't find Shulk in this leaked roster.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

3DS will most likely get a Mother 3 stage to keep with the handheld theme.
For that same reason, I'm hoping the 3DS will get a Wave Race stage to compliment the WiiU's pilotwings stage.

I'm surprised anybody remembers that the first Wave Race title was on the Game Boy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Also, they didn't have Mazinger Z, so whatever!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I like to think that the Morph Ball actually contorts the body and Samus is super flexible, but only because of that one log entry in Prime where the Space Pirates were trying out their own version and all of their test subjects get horribly mangled.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

This is the best.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I wonder if Nintendo will put a big cash prize or not. What I'm saying is will nintendo embrace esports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Box01YzekaQ

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

Isn't she basically only popular in japan, though?
trick question, she's a dumb anime made to pander to dumb anime nerds either way

She's an international sensation, I mean why else would Toyota actually spend real literal money making American car commercials featuring her? It's not like Toyota is just throwing away money or anything, think of that sales boost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaA2liN9LKM

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just wish it was literally anyone other than Chrom.

Tharja creepily stalks her way in :unsmigghh:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

Haha, Ike's page links you to the Fire Emblem: Awakening site. Don't think you're gonna find out much about Ike in *that* game! :v:

Hey now, Ike is in Awakening*

* as DLC

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

forbidden lesbian posted:

90's internet kicked so much rear end and I'm sad it will never return :(

It can make a comeback. People just need to embed more Metallica MIDIs into their websites and plaster animated gifs of that dancing baby.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Raserys posted:

Nintendo, why the gently caress would you ever invite Keighley anywhere

The Main Event is going to be Keighley vs. Reggie.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

please loving come out with wireless versions of this because gently caress wired controllers

Here you go.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

the question is whether new ones will be produced as opposed to "gently caress you if you don't have an 8-year-old controller that goes for 90 bucks used now :smuggo:" you moron

I have five of the things, four of which I found on random trips to thrift stores and the like. Those places are occasionally great for finding old electronics that you can flip on eBay for stupid amounts if that's your kind of thing.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

greatn posted:

The shape is comfortable. The z buttons are placed terribly and the button layout is basically good only for Nintendo games.

Yeah, it's really hard to use on all those third-party games on the Wii U such as

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Donkey Kong vs. Pac-Man is the dream match gamers have been waiting for.

At least gamers that aren't still in diapers and watching only animes. :wotwot:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

Now you done it, you will summon Billy Mitchel to join Smash Bros!

Billy Mitchel kills your screen!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

That Pac-Land stage rules. Pac-Man rules. Everything rules.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Blackheart posted:

how can someone make a tier chart after, like, 5 fights

After carefully analyzing the match footage and inputting it into a spreadsheet,

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

I could tell we were in for some fun when the gooniest-looking player picked Zero Suit Samus, and that was before he put the scarf on.

The only thing he was missing was bandages wrapped around his feet and hands and also a Sonic medallion around his neck

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Watch the trailer for Pac Man and prepare to not be neutral on him anymore

That only works if you're older than ten and know what an arcade is, though.

It's me, I'm old as poo poo. :negative:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Make sure you take pictures of each other for when there's a big dumb internet fight between you and you guys need ammo.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Naerasa posted:

It would have been really cool if sonic's design this go-around was his old one from Sonic Generations. Now that would have blown my mind.

I wish they would make that an alternate skin ala Male Wii Fit Trainer but alas. I don't think Sega is too keen on bringing back that old design at all.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Notice Mario at the end, that's pretty mean to force a instant fall :v:

It's consistent with Mappy's trampoline rules. :allears:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Amusing but Forgettable:
Pac-Man Vs. (featuring Mario as the narrator)

Yeah, if you don't have any friends like a chump.

Pac-Man Vs. is top-tier.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Who is that supposed to be?

Here you go.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Oh my god, that's the theme song from the cartoon!

They even made a french version back then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkXOWwGVX54

rond comme un ballon, plus jaune qu'un citron, c'est Pacman :allears: Watch this if you want to feel second hand embarrassment.

They should get that exact track in Smash. :allears:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

In retaliation, the competitive Smash community has infiltrated Sakurai's home in an effort to jerk off on his bedsheets. Once they figure out his WiFi password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Aw poo poo, there's a YouTube countdown video thing on the Smash Bros. site!

• Locked thread