Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:swoon: MEGA MAN IN A SMASH BROS GAME :swoon:

The one thing I wanted in Brawl. The one thing I didn't get in Brawl.

Everything I've ever dreamed of in a SSB game since I was 12 years old, playing the original N64 version. Now it is finally happening and I am so happy. :allears:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Continuing these from the previous thread:

Endorph posted:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier, but I just realized that if Proto Man is going to be in this game at all, then he really needs to be an Assist Trophy. Because that's pretty much what Proto Man's character is. He is Mega Man's personal Assist Trophy. It is his purpose, his very reason for living. To make him anything more than an Assist Trophy would violate the very essence of his being.

Bass, on the other hand, would be a fine Newcomer addition to the playable character roster. He's got a lot of great potential for a unique moveset, and he's got Treble to act as his counterpart to Rush.

I am still holding out hope that we may see Zero in this game in one form or another. At this point I don't really care whether he's a playable character or an Assist Trophy... as long as he makes it into the game as either of those, I'm happy.

Only if he does the whistle when he appears.

Well yeah, I mean, obviously. That almost goes without saying.

Cleretic posted:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier, but I just realized that if Proto Man is going to be in this game at all, then he really needs to be an Assist Trophy. Because that's pretty much what Proto Man's character is. He is Mega Man's personal Assist Trophy. It is his purpose, his very reason for living. To make him anything more than an Assist Trophy would violate the very essence of his being.

Bass, on the other hand, would be a fine Newcomer addition to the playable character roster. He's got a lot of great potential for a unique moveset, and he's got Treble to act as his counterpart to Rush.

We're probably only getting one Megaman assist, though, and it's Elec Man.

Which is hardly a bad thing, because Elec Man rocks.

Was there an announcement about this that I missed?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So Gamestop is taking preorders now. I just reserved SSB4 on both consoles earlier this afternoon! :cool:

Now I just need to buy the consoles...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So how many new characters have they announced at E3 so far?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Excels posted:

Palutena and 3 Mii Templates with about 36 potential combinations of special moves.

But no Zero. :smith:

(... yet. :getin:)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I only have one question.

Did Mega Man look good in the tournament?

Also is Mega Man gonna be a starter character in this game, or is he an unlockable?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Excels posted:

He had the worst showing of all. Didn't even make the tier charts. The guy playing him was trying do up-close melee stuff with what was blatantly a projectile-oriented guy. I saw the Leaf Shield used like two or three times, total, never hit anyone

bladeworksmaster posted:

Dude barely tried to use any projectiles, all melee all the time. He sucked as a result. One does not simply melee fight Fox without being good at it yourself, goddammit.

So help me God, if they made Mega Man a weak beatable character in this bitch...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have waited 15 years to play as Mega Man in a Smash game. He better be second-tier caliber AT WORST. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does Mega Man look good yet? :ohdear:

• Locked thread