Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I actually lol'ed at For Glory mode being no items Final Destination only, although I love that almost every stage has a Final Destination mode. I'm excited for Charizard since he was my favorite Pokemon Trainer guy and Greninja was the coolest X/Y Pokemon so no problems there, although makes me wonder about Jigglypuff's ultimate fate. This game looks incredible though and I can't believe we're getting a chance to play it this summer even if that means August (which it does).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

The Brawl Dojo was great, but I've really come to enjoy the daily screenshots. I totally forgot there was a Find Mii stage on the 3DS until this one.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Can't wait to play Hank Hill with his propane blaster arm.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

He shoots Galaga beams out of his hands!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

Thank goodness it isn't.

I don't want "Sour Grapes: The Romhack" to be the only thing shown.

I think Pro Smash is pretty much the worst (this thread has done nothing but repeatedly enforce that) but Project M is pretty cool on a technical and effort level. Look at it this way, when the people making tier lists based on 2 hours of footage find out Smash 4 doesn't cater to their extremely vocal minority they can take their ball and go home to Project M.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I just saw the Samurai Goroh assist, there's no loving way Captain Falcon isn't back :colbert:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

This game looks like a loving blast. I mean duh, but all the new items and characters look really fun.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I'm not worried about the Wii U version having its own unique stuff. If I trust anyone to completely pack two different but similar games with as much quality content as possible, it's Sakurai. There's definitely more to it than they've been showing us and I'm sure we'll be hearing all about it once the 3DS version drops in japan.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Like they'd ever let NOA reveal a new character...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Just think of the games it could cycle through: Kirby's Dreamland, Super Mario Land, Metroid 2, Link's Awakening, Pokémon. And so many more...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If they can pump it out quick then sure, but what I really want is for Sakurai's next project after Sm4sh to be Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: The Rise Up

I will not rest until Sakurai's hands are gnarled stubs

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Why 2 more Mario reps when there are already so many? Why bring back Dr. Mario instead of Wolf?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Excels posted:

Because Wolf is not finished yet, which is perfectly reasonable, so they're keeping a couple of characters out of the initial release and then adding them as free DLC later. Gives them time to work out whatever kinks are holding them up. Ice Climbers being DLC could easily be explained by them making the game lag and thus needing more time. We saw Bowser lagging the poo poo out of the 3DS version at SDCC-- when 2 of him were in one match it became almost unplayable.

Why would Wolf be harder to implement than Dr. Mario? Why wouldn't they have figured out Ice Climbers cause performance issues extremely early in development? You're just kind of making things up to make this leak seem plausible.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

DrPaper posted:

Wolf does not reuse the skeleton or animations of another character, and is therefore alot more ground up work than reusing an existing character and tweaking the stats of attacks.

You realize clones are never added "over" characters. They're added cus they're easier to do and pad out the roster. He could have added King Dedede to Melee, who wouldn't have been harder to implement than Pichu or Ganondorf, but in place of adding him they were able to blow out the roster with 6 more characters.

It's already happened with Lucina, and Sakurai already stated awhile ago that although he will try to bring back as many characters as possible, that he apologized for cuts in advance.

The leak is fake as poo poo, it doesn't mean characters won't be cut for seemingly no plausible reason and stupid clones won't be in their place.

I get that Wolf would be more work than Dr. Mario, I just think the idea of him being DLC because "he's not quite done yet" is pretty absurd.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I'm quoting the second one, it's definitely more likely he'll get in, at least as an assist trophy.

He'll be free post-launch DLC, they're still tightening up the graphics.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8bOeqLS2g

I hope something like this is true, I would love having a metal sonic alt in smash bros. :allears:

He's the best evil version of them all.

And yet they can never show us any gameplay...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

Kirby got a new Meta knight-ish color scheme. (it's from a scan is a recent magazine)

Sports Bra Samus and now nude Meta Knight?? Sakurai, Ban This Sick Filth.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I bet the Wii U version will have a unique mode or two, they're probably just waiting for the 3DS version to drop to start discussing it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I will spend 90 percent of my time online as Dedede just holding down.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

You can tell Sakurai loves Dedede the most because he made that pose something you can do as long as you want instead of making it a taunt

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

What would set Shulk apart from the other sword animes? Legit question, I've never played Xenogears.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Welp, I was wrong!

I still think it's weird they're giving the Mario series so many reps and cutting Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers but it's a great roster overall. Especially if the Koopa Kids thing is true, screw Bowser Jr.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

And no Ice Climbers? Is that because the 3DS version can't handle them or something? Why are they letting the 3DS gently caress over Smash's roster?

Because the 3DS version is going to sell orders of magnitude better than the Wii U version

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Why would a guy in Brazil work for NoA and interact with the ESRB?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

greatn posted:

Brazil is in America?

I just figured they had their own Nintendo branch and ratings board and so on.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

That totally looks like a Mode 7 F Zero stage next to Corneria there. How bitchin would that be

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

The final five will become "fact" over the next two weeks and people will throw a shitfit when it doesn't happen.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think there's 5 more on the basis of any text leak.

I just think there's at least a few more, because if there were only 49 icons, there's less ugly ways the grid could have been laid out.

That's why I didn't believe the leak when it was just that picture. On the other hand, just shy of 50 is a ton of characters as is and Duck Hunt Dog seems like a good capper in the tradition of G&W and ROB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I can already tell it's going to be a long week.

• Locked thread