Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I have no idea what the tricks it wants me to do in the FMX tutorial are. It doesn't say, it just gives you a two-frame animation in the background and says "do this". I passed it once by flipping the bike and button mashing but I accidentally restarted the track and I can't get past it again. It doesn't seem like the keys have any coordination to what your rider actually does.

Think of the right stick as controlling your riders legs, flip the bike to match how it shows on the monitor and then move your legs to match the trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tricks are only ever relevant on the one FMX track in each tier and the handful of skillgames that use them

I had a lot of trouble with them at first but I find that now I can for the most part pull off whatever I'm trying to do, getting platinum on those FMX fuckers is hard though :argh:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The bike segments are pretty cool and having the gun when it gives it to you lets you pull off some cool stuff, but OH MY GOD these walking and jetpack levels are awful

Having to control the jetpack but also having a bomb that explodes if it knocks into things is probably the dumbest level in any video game ever

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I will say though, the grappling hook is really cool especially when you're on the bike. I'd love to see the cool looking poo poo people who are really good at this game can pull off with that thing

• Locked thread