Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
PC user here, and my username is Delusibeta on there. Add for leaderboards and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dominic White posted:

As much as I love the Trials series (a lot), I'm holding off for a steep sale on Fusion, because it looks like it has the rough same amount of content as Evo, but they're selling it for twice the price - $30, up from $15 - and then want to charge another $30 for a DLC season pass.

The fact that it's co-developed by a bunch of Ubi studios rather than just being a pure Redlynx joint is worrying, too.

Wrong: it's $20. Sure, it's a price increase over Evo, which is a bit cheeky, but it's no way a doubling.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dominic White posted:

For Europe, it's very nearly double. About $27-29 depending which region in particular.

Checking European sites, it appears to be 20 Euro (for the PS4 version, at least) vs 15 Euro for Evo. So, again, no where near a price doubling. UK it's £16 vs £10, which is a bit of a steep increase but still some way from a doubling.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Peons posted:

PC Version of Evolution had the same problem when it first launched. How's the FPS/etc. on decent systems with this game?

Generally, meatier systems has sellotaped 60 FPS. Beware for weaker systems, though, since the game last time I checked has the problem where it slows down based on how far below 60 FPS, so if you get a solid 30 FPS the game runs at half speed. It's possibly an engine design flaw, since I also had that problem with Trials Evo, but yeah.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dominic White posted:

It's going to be launching alongside a goaty all-in-one disc version of the game. If I can find a decent discount, I may well grab it now that I have a PS4.

Already sub-£22 on Amazon UK.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

flatluigi posted:

Man, they really did put a ridiculous amount of support into Fusion since release, huh

I hope Nadeo is taking notes for TrackMania Turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

real_scud posted:

TrackMania is a little different in that it's bread and butter has always been on the PC whereas Trials has really been popular on the console. On every previous release on PC there's been a shitload of custom tracks/servers so I can't imagine it's going to be any different for Turbo.

Rumour has it that it's going to do exactly that: get rid of the custom servers in exchange for a Trials-esque system. Even if that proses to be false, there's going to be console versions and therefore there's still a need for an internal track sharing solution. I hope that Trials Fusion's track sharing going cross-platform will be a beta test for a similar cross-platform system for TrackMania Turbo.

• Locked thread