Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What is this?

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) is this season's chill as gently caress anime adaptation of a 4-koma manga. The manga is serialised in Manga Time Kirara Max (Kinmoza, Kanamemo) and currently has 3 volumes on sale.

What's the plot?

Hoto Cocoa (hah) is new to town and gets lost looking for the house she's supposed to lodge at. She finds a cafe called "Rabbit Cafe" and goes in, expecting to find tons of rabbits to hug. There's only one rabbit (Tippy) who spends most of its time on the owner's granddaughter, Kaafu Chino's head. Turns out the cafe was where Cocoa was going though, and school policy says that in exchange for lodging she's supposed to work around the house. Thus commences a chill as gently caress anime about girls chatting in a cafe.

Did I mention the rabbit talks? Cause it totally talks.

Characters

Hoto Cocoa (VA: Ayane Sakura - Natsumi from Non Non Byori, Merry from Yumekui Merry)

Nice and friendly. She likes hugging rabbits. Acts dumb as poo poo but she's actually good at maths. Turns out she's basically really skilled at a lot of things. Name = Hot Cocoa

Kaafu Chino (VA: Inori Minase - Suzu from Love Lab)

Taciturn straight man to Cocoa's antics. Primarily exists as a form of transportation for Tippy. Makes a good cup of coffee. Name = Cappuccino

Tedeza Lize (VA: Risa Taneda - Yukari from Yuyushiki, Aya from Kinmoza)

Shy girl who is also obsessed with the army. Carries a gun for self protection. The tsundere character. Named after a premium brand of tea apparantly.

Ujimatsu Chiya (VA: Satomi Sato - :siren: Ritsu from K-ON:siren:)

Cocoa's schoolfriend who works in a rival cafe, not that it matters. Loves japanese culture. PArticularly loves making japanese sweets and then giving them obtuse names. Name = a form of green tea

There's a blonde girl at some point. I am behind on anime so I have no idea what her deal is

Tippy (VA: Motomu Kiyokawa - Kozo in NGE)

World's manliest rabbit. Spends his day working at the cafe about his noble steed Chino, and his night working as a bartender with Chino's dad. Does not like to be petted. Actually chino's grandad in a rabbit's body for some reason

Why should I watch this
-It's chill as gently caress.
-Everyone has a pun name.
-World's manliest rabbit.
-Funny jokes.

What's bad about this
-Character design is the worlds blobbiest moeblobs
-Tamako market did the talking animal thing better.
-Lize is subjected to fanservice shots, and is first introduced in her underwear. This may not change.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? is available for streaming on Crunchyroll in the US and UK.

Namtab posted:

[16:50] <~Namtab> Writing an OP now, but I'll have to stop writing to find out what the characters are about.
[16:53] <~Namtab> OMG
[16:53] <~Namtab> the rabbit talks
[16:54] <~Namtab> this is a loving game changer right here
[16:54] <~Namtab> sold
[16:54] <~Namtab> anime of the year

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

well I love me some rabbits, this is a must watch for me even if it is overly moe blob. Now if only there were more anime or manga about rabbits, or even tangentially related....

I think I have a problem help :smith:

happy to oblige

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

E: OP updated.

Just watched episode 2. I'm sold on this show now. Glad they stopped putting fanservice in my SoL anims

Namtab fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 20, 2014

• Locked thread