Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Nelson MandEULA posted:

1) How far above and beyond the entry fitness requirements should I be? e.g.: I need to be able to run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes to join the RAF, but should I actually aim to be able to do it in 9 mins, because otherwise I'll burn out in training?

The more above and beyond the entry level standards you are the better. There's a ton of little things to get stressed about in military training, why not eliminate one? Most of the others are beyond your control anyways.

I was bad at pushups and got constantly hosed with because of it at one school I was at. They made me do extra PT on the weekends when everyone else was off. Naturally, the extra PT consisted of running. The point is I could have avoided the whole thing by doing more pushups before I got there. You don't want to be in fat kid PT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread