Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Pierson posted:

You can't say that and not show an example.
Don't say I didn't warn you

http://gfycat.com/GlumMagnificentAcaciarat

http://gfycat.com/MassiveSadHarvestmen

Does the premiere of MDW have any animation that lazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have no idea what happened in the first episode of this other than Stark showing up a million times with his goofy rear end face and then Loki? For some reason modern-day Fist of the North Star goons are also lying around, this is certainly something alright.

EDIT: Also, Iron Fist looks like a character Nobuyuki Hiyama would voice.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 12, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 6, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Eh, Wasp sucks, no question there. But she is a long-standing member of the avengers. Captain Marvel is a legacy character with backstory. Spider-Woman in a cartoon with Spider-Man when they aren't related in any way would be unnecessarily confusing. Black Widow has no powers, which would make for a lovely pokemon. Then when you start going down the list, it doesn't get any better. Sersi, Moondragon, Mantis, the Yellowjacket Iron Man murdered, etc. Maybe Monica Rambeau, whatever her current name is?

Edit: poo poo, forgot all about Scarlet Witch. Well, her powers are dumb as hell.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

There's one answer; Dead Girl.

There are already like three different zombie waifu mangas currently running.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
She got Wasp cause she's the most cutesy moe female hero, obviously. Look at how she acts in the opening and think about Black Widow or Captain Marvel acting like that. Wasp is a founding avenger (hell, she CREATED the avengers) and a perfect fit for japanese anime culture.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

If they were going for the most moe character, they hosed up

I already like her.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So you're telling me a bunch of Marvel superheroes gathered in one place and were totally screwed over by the most arbitrary of problems and Spider-man got off scot free?

This isn't my Marvel. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The world conducts itself in such a way as to allow Spidey to be as big of a jerk as possible.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No but seriously episode 3 better start with Peter about to fix everything when suddenly he gets a phone call alerting him that Aunt May is in the hospital or something and he has to zoom all the way across the world, getting repeatedly stopped by terrible luck and his own heroism, only to find once he gets there that the hospital called the wrong number and his aunt is fine. Cue him getting fired for suddenly skipping work and a new issue of the Daily Bugle with "SPIDER-MAN: MENACE!?" written in katakana or something showing out of context pictures.

Though I guess as the only actual adult on the show, Peter's doomed to constantly lose or be powerless for the silliest of reasons so the kids can save the day. I guess the balance of the universe hasn't been disturbed just yet.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

BlitzBlast posted:

So you're telling me a bunch of Marvel superheroes gathered in one place and were totally screwed over by the most arbitrary of problems and Spider-man got off scot free?

This isn't my Marvel. :colbert:

As you can see in episode 2 Pepper being tied up with rope brought the Avengers to their knees and if you think about it, Supaidee's webs are kinda like rope. Therefore, Supaidee is the strongest in this world where ropes rule supreme.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

boom boom boom posted:

If they were going for the most moe character, they hosed up

Should've gone with (Vampire) Jubilee from that same run I say. :colbert:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I thought I'd take a look at this show since I've been on a bit of a Marvel kick recently with the movies and Agents of Shield and holy poo poo this is the dumbest/best. :allears:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Honestly this show looks way better animation-wise than both Avengers: Earths Mightiest whatever and the new Avengers show. The action scene in the first few seconds of episode 1 in this show blows any action scene in those shows completely out of the water. Which is pretty sad, Marvel could afford a good studio for their american cartoons if they wanted.

Anyway this show should be a hoot.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Ccs posted:

Honestly this show looks way better animation-wise than both Avengers: Earths Mightiest whatever and the new Avengers show. The action scene in the first few seconds of episode 1 in this show blows any action scene in those shows completely out of the water. Which is pretty sad, Marvel could afford a good studio for their american cartoons if they wanted.

Anyway this show should be a hoot.

Animation-wise, yeah that's probably true, but Earth's Mightiest Heroes did have better character designs, at least. Well, slightly.

Man, it's absurd that the western Avengers shows, that should ostensibly be Marvel's marquee animation, are so bad that they're in the same league as a total joke of a show like Disk Wars.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

EMH had pretty good animation for it's artstyle until Yost left, then it too had cardboard cutouts flying across the screen.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The funny thing is one of Toei's top action and effects animators (like, the guy they call in to do important stock footage and fights in their flagship shows) is assigned to Disk Wars. He just tweeted today that he finished storyboarding for another project he can't name and now he's going to be working full force on animating for Disk Wars, citing specifically Iron Man and Captain America.

So there could seriously be some great action animation in an upcoming episode out of nowhere. The guy isn't really working on any other show right now - he's completely absent from Precure where he usually does a ton of transformation or attack footage, etc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I knew the second episode would be as bad, and saw the rope thing but dear god. :psyduck: Wasp could turn tiny, fly there and carry pepper to safety, or Dr Strange could make a portal or just have Iron Man fly there, he could do a lap around the raft and punch Loki before Pepper finishes falling! And what's up with him getting hurt with a loving crowbar?! This is the best worst show ever.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I knew the second episode would be as bad, and saw the rope thing but dear god. :psyduck: Wasp could turn tiny, fly there and carry pepper to safety, or Dr Strange could make a portal or just have Iron Man fly there, he could do a lap around the raft and punch Loki before Pepper finishes falling! And what's up with him getting hurt with a loving crowbar?! This is the best worst show ever.

Wait, who had the crowbar? This is important 'cause in Marvel there's a fairly well known villain with a magic crowbar around the same level as thor's hammer.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

Wait, who had the crowbar? This is important 'cause in Marvel there's a fairly well known villain with a magic crowbar around the same level as thor's hammer.

Honestly, the way some of the characters are designed it's not really clear who crowbar man is. It could a villain or just some joe shmo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Whoever this schmuck is

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Squallege posted:

Honestly, the way some of the characters are designed it's not really clear who crowbar man is. It could a villain or just some joe shmo

You're kidding, right? It's clearly exactly the person XboxPants was asking about, Wrecker.

This is like, the least molested design in the show.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah okay, but I'm not exactly unfamiliar with Marvel Comics and even I had no idea who that dude was, so the whole thing just makes Iron Man look even more like a chump.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Whoever this schmuck is

Yeah, that's Wrecker. His gimmick is his crowbar is as strong as Mjolnir and he can fight toe to toe with Thor pretty well. Mind you, if they did not at all acknowledge who he was then it's gonna come off as stupid and out of nowhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So I got told by a cheap anime. :negative: i love this awful show

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The world's greatest heroes, foiled by a rope.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I am going to be really bummed out if Modok only ever appears in background shots.

That guy needs a starring role.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I am going to be really bummed out if Modok only ever appears in background shots.

That guy needs a starring role.
That's actually a surprisingly workable MODOK design

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

That's actually a surprisingly workable MODOK design

And they gave him a cape!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Have a subbed version of episode 2

Marvelous Heroes decided to sub the entire series.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Finished watching Zorak's stream of Episode 3. MODOK's the best, that is all. :allears:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I made a gif from the episode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Should have called himself Hawkneck.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I made a gif from the episode.
Is his neck thicker than his head?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
The only significance Wasp has in the Marvel Universe is her relationship with her boyfriend/husband Hank Pym, who is also known as Ant-man.

That's right, she's originally a part of a pair of insect-themed superheroes. And far as any insect heroes go, Ant-man's powers are pretty lame. He's basically Aquaman for Ants, plus shrinking.

I guess both the Wasp and the Ant-man are significant as they are both founding members, but they are so lame compared to other additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

Is his neck thicker than his head?

Pym particles gone wrong. He ran around as Goliath for a while way back when.

• Locked thread