Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Marvel Disk Wars is a cash-in anime by Toei based on Marvel characters. It sure is something.

Plot:
With help from Japanese professor Nozomu Akatsuki, Tony Stark, aka Iron Man develops a new device called the Digital Identity Securement Kit, known as DISKs for short, designed to help the cause of stopping and detaining supervillains. However, whilst presenting the DISK project on Ryker Island, Loki appears and uses the very same DISKs to launch a breakout of all the captured supervillains, trapping Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Wasp and Hulk inside DISKs as well. Nozomu's sons, Akira and Hikaru, along with three other children, Edward, Chris, and Jessica, come to possess these DISKs and join forces to put a stop to Loki and his army of supervillains.

Staff:
Series Director: Toshiaki Komura
Series Composition: Ryuu King
Character Design: Tadayoshi Yamamuro
Art design: Bonzen Sumono, Nobuto Sakamoto
Mech Design: Shuntarō Mura
Production Head: Yasuhiko Nukaga

Characters:

Akira Akatsuki (Mitsuki Saiga)
A carefree young boy. He and his older brother Hikaru are invited to visit his father's research lab on Ryker's Island and to discuss about the DISK project when it was under attack by Loki's forces. Akira possesses the red DISK, which contains Iron Man.

Tony Stark/Iron Man (Eiji Hanawa)
He's Iron Man, you know him! He has a weird face and no mustache in this, though.

Hikaru Akatsuki (Yuichi Iguchi)
Akira's older brother, and is the more calm and mature of the two. He possesses the purple DISK which contains Thor.

Thor (Yasuyuki Kaze)
Son of Odin and the Norse god of thunder. It's weird seeing his name spelled with only one katakana.

Chris Taylor (Yusuke Kuwahata)
The oldest of the five children. He possesses the blue DISK which contains Captain America. Looks like Beat from TWEWY.

Steve Rogers/Captain America (Kazuhiro Nakaya)
It's Caps! He's got a movie out right now that I haven't seen yet. Heard it's pretty alright.

Edward Grant (Yayoi Sugawa)
The youngest of the five children. He joined the tour on Ryker's Island in hopes of meeting Captain America, who is his favorite hero. He possesses the green DISK, which contains Hulk.

Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk (Kenichirou Matsuda)
Okay, so this has a smart Hulk, which I guess is for the best because you can't sell Bruce Banner to kids. Look at them feet, though.

Jessica Shannon (Naomi Ozora)
A rich spoiled girl, and the only female member of the group. She possesses the yellow DISK, which contains Wasp.

Janet van Dyne/Wasp (Kaori Mizuhashi)
Honestly, I didn't really know about Wasp before this show came along, I'm not a comic reader. She seems cool, and she's the most on-model character in the show.

Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Shinji Kawada)
Peter works as Doctor Akatsuki's assistant in developing the DISKs when their lab is under attack by the Crimson Dynamo as part of Loki's plot. After being punched out of the building, Peter dons his Spider-Man costume and returns to aid Doctor Akatsuki and his sons. Does whatever a spider can. Has a movie coming out that I haven't seen the first one of.

Loki (Tadashi Mutou)
The main antagonist because this is a modern Marvel production. He orchestrated the plan to use the DISKs to allow all the prisoners on Ryker's Island to escape and to summon them in battle.

Is it good?
Pft, no. It's the most generic-rear end bullshit for kids out there. But it's remarkable in just how dumb it is and what it does with the Marvel characters. This series is super shoddily animated, with characters that refuse to stay on model and background faces that are just magical. It's a good ol' mockin' bad anime, come on board this crazy train and see how long it goes.

The series is being subbed by a group called Marvelous Heroes for the near future, but you honestly do not need subtitles to know what's going on so far. Raws come out about Wednesdays, and Zorak has livestreamed the first two episodes the days after on his Livestream, so I'd keep my ear to the ground for those.

Subs for episode 1

Keep in mind that both Marvelous Heroes and Zero-Raws list the show as Disk Wars Avengers and not Marvel Disk Wars.

This thread is sponsored by The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TOYS, BOYS!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They might be Happy Meal toys since McDonald's is a sponsor. I only saw them in a Google search while looking for a good picture of the logo.

This is a nicer toy I found.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Even the opening of the show is ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-j9BHGmHk

And when I was watching this, a question came to me. If it was so easy for Loki to get the villains out of the DISKs, what's keeping the Avengers in them that they have to be the kids' Digimon? I mean, just let 'em out. Spidey should know how, he was working on the drat things. Maybe this is explained in the second episode and I just haven't watched it with subs yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why does the girl get Wasp? It's gotta suck if girls can only get superheroines for some reason, because there aren't nearly as many.

Anime Captain Marvel would be pretty amazing though.

I have a serious feeling we're not going to have to worry about multiple girls in this show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The world conducts itself in such a way as to allow Spidey to be as big of a jerk as possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Have a subbed version of episode 2

Marvelous Heroes decided to sub the entire series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope someone picks it up.

Pleeeease.

• Locked thread