Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I just discovered this show on Netflix. It's the first anime I've been drawn into in several years and am really enjoying it so far. I just finished episode 3 and am disappointed that awesome knight squad 1 managed to get themselves killed right off the bat. I found myself hecking the characters - "Hey guys, this is maybe why you don't send out a single squad. Or let people romantically involved with each other be on the same four person squad. Or broadcast a mission live to all the cadets."

I mean maybe the immortal captain knew this was going to happen and it was all necessary, or that things get a bit slack after a century. But still.

It also reminds me I should start reading "Attack on Titian" again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The science in the show has been pretty good in places. Should I be thinking about how organic creatures can be the size of warships and live in intergalactic space?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The Black Stones posted:

Here's what you need to know about the science in the show:

Who gives a poo poo? It's a tv show.

There you go.

This is pretty much what I figured - though I think "the Gauna make no sense as a deliberate choice in writing" is a cool idea.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Kanos posted:

That's part of the reason the Captain wears a mask. The other (real) reason is she's immortal and nobody outside of the immortal council are supposed to know that there are immortals on Sidonia. A highly visible and important figure like the captain of the entire ship never visibly aging would raise questions.

I figured it was also a clever little nod to the Persian Immortals.

• Locked thread