Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

OneEightHundred posted:

The total win/loss tally on that chart is 1221-919, where do the 302 wins with no loss come from?

OT, or Overtime losses. In the regular season, hockey has three 20 minute periods, then a 5 minute overtime period, and finally a shootout. The winning team gets a W no matter when the win happens, but the losing team gets an L if they lose in regulation and an OT point if they lose in the overtime or shootout. Wins are worth 2 points and OT points are worth 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Frostwerks posted:

Ahh ok. When I didn't see him at the goal I started looking down the ice to see if he was down there because I figured that he was the extra attacker but I guess it makes more sense to have a dedicated player that's actually purposed for the task rather than someone in all that clunky gear. I'm sure it's happened at least once but has a goalie ever scored a goal?

It's worth mentioning that it is actually a penalty for the goalie to skate with the puck past center ice. Hall of Fame goaltender turned coach Patrick Roy got busted for not knowing that once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429QFwN8Yy4

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

visuvius posted:

Who was that bad motherfucker that was allowed to play without a helmet when they introduced them, he got grandfathered into the old rules or whatever. That dude was a baller.

Craig MacTavish.

• Locked thread