Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

flakeloaf posted:

An NHL goaltender should stop all of the shots he sees, so one common basic attack plan is to take the offensive zone, hit the goalie with the first shot, then send a wall of meat and swinging lumber towards the net in the hopes that the now-out-of-position goalie won't be able to stop the puck in the chaos. This is called "crashing the net", and it's usually pretty effective as long as the defense is negligent enough to let it happen. And when you wanna talk about negligent defense, you come to a Senators fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGcy0h32o8

Where the hell is the goalie at around 4:10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ahh ok. When I didn't see him at the goal I started looking down the ice to see if he was down there because I figured that he was the extra attacker but I guess it makes more sense to have a dedicated player that's actually purposed for the task rather than someone in all that clunky gear. I'm sure it's happened at least once but has a goalie ever scored a goal?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Someone should do one of these for rugby too, explain the differences in rules and theory between league and union for us curious souls who don't go to SAS. Also, what the gently caress is up with cricket?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

HELLO LADIES posted:

Jonathan Toews of Chicago is "Captain Serious".

Why so captain serious.

• Locked thread