Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I live in South Florida, so my exposure to hockey has been effectively nil. I watch it every now and than when its on tv, but I lack a strategic and tactical understanding of the game and what the teams are trying to do to each other. I used to not enjoy soccer for the same reason, but after reading on formations and how they try to score/advance the ball within their structure, and understanding tactically x player makes pass to y player for z reason, it sort of fell together for me.

Could someone take like two of the most common hockey formations and explain the positions within, their responsibilities/ what they try to do, and than perhaps explain a simple play or two?

For example, Sidney Crosby is like an attacking mid who passes to people around him and facilitates a shot by penetrating the defense? (im guessing)

I guess with football, it would be the equivalent of explaining a passing concept vs a coverage and the qbs read on said concept. I.e. vs cover two, you run 3 deep routes to stress the two safetys horizontally or verticall,read one of them (depending upon your routes and the wr formation) and throw to whoever comes free because fundamentally you have a 3v2 advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Thats awesome thank you

• Locked thread