Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Number Two Stunna posted:

How do I become the organ player at a hockey arena? That sounds like such a cool job.

Aphrodite posted:

I think there was a goon not too long ago who actually applied for one.

Hi, that was me. It was to be the backup for the Islanders, and, well, I didn't get it. I pulled a MAF and choked when it really counted. All the organ players seem like a really tight knit group, and the ones I met were really cool. Really, if you wanna do it, email or tweet your local guy, ask if you can see the organ, try it out. Let them know you're willing to help out any way you can, and that you play organ if they need it.

I'm still holding out hope that one day the backup will be sick and it'll be my time to shine. That, or when the Isles move to Brooklyn, the AHL team will need an organ player :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

To my knowledge/memory, no. I've just seen him look up at the sky as if he is begging to be mercy-killed right then and there.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Can I put in a general request for more amazing anecdotes like that? Maybe like your personal favorite story/player from your team?

Just about everything in here is good reading. Not specific to one team, but pretty cool.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Speaking of Brodeur!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

And just because...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u0khFnHUg

Everyone should see this.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

I could've sworn I saw something about the Sacramento Kings being sold and moving to Seattle? I guess that was just a rumor or just true on the first part and not the second?

As someone with minimal basketball interest, I was really only thinking that it might mean Seattle got an NHL team.

Nevermind, I just googled it. The move was voted against by other NBA owners.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread