Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Y-Hat posted:

Does Lou Lamariello regret letting going of Claude Julien and seeing him thrive in Boston, or is he incapable of remorse?

Claude Julien was a game 7 win against Montreal away from getting fired.

Lou fired him despite NJ making the playoffs with a really good record. There was clearly something else going on there. I doubt Lou is remorseful about that one.

e: Fighting is limited because there are fewer goons dressing, and the ones that do know that their role is to play hockey to the best of their limited abilities and avoid taking a stupid penalty. The fights that happen during the playoffs are usually suitably epic (Carkner on Boyle from a few years ago, the Vinny Iggy fight are two that stand out to me from relatively recent history).

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mario was a freak. Allegedly couldn't bench a plate when he came into the league, and said the gym was for suckers until later in his career.

In terms of raw hockey talent he was of course right, it didn't matter, but you have to wonder if his attitude towards general fitness was a factor in some (obviously not all) of his injuries later on.

E: my favorite injury story is Patrick Roy leaving his hospital bed to go win a playoff game after getting his appendix removed.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That's such a dangerous play by Hasek. The worst is when you see rec league goalies doing that and risking guys' necks (and their own heads).

Here's another classic goalie moment though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4qfCbuhCw

• Locked thread