Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
One of my high school classmates (a star lineman on a football team that could beat the Dallas Cowboys at the time) got backstage passes to hang out with the Dallas Stars the year they won the Cup. He described them as all seven feet tall and with three of their original teeth.

A fun anecdote: a good friend of mine (son of my mom's BFF, basically a cousin but not by blood) played hockey as a teenager. One time he got in a fight; other dude imagined some slight, threw off his gloves and helmet, and jumped on my friend. Who was a goalie. And didn't shed his armour for the fight. He let the guy ineffectually beat on him for awhile, and then beat his rear end. The poor dumb bastard that started it was ejected from the game for attacking the goalie, not that he was in any state to continue playing after that.

Zat posted:

Pulled. You can replace your goalie with an extra skater whenever you feel like it, but this is the most common scenario: you're down by 1 or 2 goals in the final couple of minutes of the 3rd period and you're desperately trying to tie the game. The extra skater improves your chances of scoring a goal but having no goalie obviously means a certain extra risk.
Yeah, it's basically a free goal for the other team if there's a turnover.

Lawnie posted:

I'm not sure how exactly the NHL defines "check;" you can check someone without ever coming into contact with them simply by being in the way.
Pretty sure it's somewhat akin to the laws on murder 1 vs. manslaughter. If it's obvious that you meant to kill the guy, it counts as a check even if he doesn't go over the boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread