Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Aphrodite posted:

Detroit's star player is a homophobe douche. Also they call themselves Hockeytown despite not even being in the top 3 of US markets (and well behind when we count Canada.) That is a significant misnomer!

If you're a fan of douchiness though, by all means...

Forever ago in the thread, but Datsyuk is still a Russian citizen who is actively involved in stuff over in Russia, and right now it is not exactly wise to publicly speak out against Russia's policies, especially as a public figure. He may very well be just as vile as Putin's policies are, but there is some context here beyond "Datsyuk hates gay people"

Also compared to other douchey sports teams like the Lakers, Yankees, Patriots, Heat, and the Steelers, the Red Wings, and really any hockey team, are nowhere close. We are pretty much the Yankees of hockey though, especially before the salary cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

Bullshit there is. Ovechkin and Malkin, for example, basically dodged the question when it came up. Datsyuk was asked about his Red Wings teammate opposing the law and came right out and said "I'm Orthodox, you figure it out".

Dodging the question is not all that different, its not like either of them came out in opposition. Him toeing the party line by saying that is exactly what I meant. He straight up agreed, but its not like he can freely disagree either.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Its an Ask thread, plenty of people would not even know it was a troll. i know the stereotypes and thats why i'm not getting all mad about it or arguing about where we stand in douchedom.

• Locked thread