Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Peven Stan posted:

As far as I can tell public sector employees at most state universities can look up their colleagues' salaries for years and there hasn't been much kidney stabbing as a result of that.

I'm not going to lie, I'd use it as an excuse to finally kidney stab a couple of coworkers.

I have mixed feelings about transparency in salary. It would fix a lot of issues, but would also expose some massive inequities and cause collateral damage because of it. I seriously feel like a bunch of businesses would close if the workers suddenly demanded what they were actually worth and had proof of what it was, because you know upper management isn't taking one dollar out of their personal profits to pay the workers.

Basically what I'm saying is if our engineering staff suddenly realized they were being taken advantage of, either we or my company (or both) end up seriously hosed. I don't think we are, but who knows? No one, because pay scale isn't transparent and is taboo to talk about!

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread