Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Rangers in 4

LA in 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Rangers in 6
Chicago in 6

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Rangers in 7
Kings in 6

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Rangers in 5
Hawks in 6

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Rangers in 6
Hawks in 7

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Hey y'all can't actually pick the Rangers anymore, since they won. Have to pick the Habs. Just in case it changed your numbers.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea all Rangers picks after the game are getting switched to Habs. Same games unless I hear otherwise.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Stickarts posted:

Yea all Rangers picks after the game are getting switched to Habs. Same games unless I hear otherwise.

i don't think it is really a problem leaving the people who picked the rangers after the first game as it is really as long as they didn't pick a sweep for the rangers or something since there was only like 12 hours to make the picks between the end of the kings/ducks and beginning of the habs/rangers. maybe just give them a deduction of however many points instead?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Habs in 4!!!

Oops!

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Rangers in 6

Blackhawks in 5

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
Rangers in 5
Kings in 7

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Picking the Rangers after the Price injury should reward 0 points. :colbert:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Forgot about this thread. I realize I have to pick the Kings and Habs now, so for my offical picks I will go with:

Kings in 7
Canadiens in 7

If I had remembered in time, I would have gone with (this includes assuming Price wouldn't be injured):

Kings in 7 (unchanged)
Rangers in 6

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Late so have to pick Kings. Ugh.

Kings in 6, Montreal in 7.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

hey y'all. My bad on the delay. Real life getting in the way of my true calling: wasting time on the internet.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Alright, taking off for a few days - likely till the start of the finals. Here's a quick update:

Stickarts posted:

Stanley Cup winning team:

Conn Smythe winner:

Number of OT games: 20

Number of suspensions: 4

Total goals of entire playoffs: 455

Total goals of the finals:

Carey Price's gaa and s%:2.35/.919

Which 1990-present expansion team will go furthest (tie breaker of total wins, and, failing that, goals for): Anaheim

The "worst" team (aka the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the cup winner):

Total number of game 7's played: 6

Total number of sweeps: 1

Leading goal scorer/leading goal total (10 per): Gaborik 10

Player with most pim/total (10 per): Pat Maroon: 38

Number of too many men penalties: 16

# of OTs: Currently Habibi, HoottheOwl, Jordan7hm and Twin Cinema are on the button for number of OTs (20). So cheer for blowouts, you four! Assuming there are <5 OTs left there are about a score of you who still have a shot at that.

# of Suspensions: Only 24 of you figured there would beat least this many suspensions. Prust and Carcillo kinda killed it for like half of you. Currently

Kreez
darkwolf220
Duro
Habibi
Veskit
whatis
Sadmantongue
a false
EvilJimmyCarter
Pierre McGuire
are all genius discipline prognosticators.

Total Goals: You all suck. Only

darkwolf220
mentholmoose
ShyftedOne
Twin Cinema
are still alive. Twin Cinema has only 20 goals left till death, darkwolf220 the most at 74. There are at minimum 6 games left.

Carey Price: :siren: We might have a winner! :siren: Assuming Price is locked into injury reports, his stat line will end at 2.35/.919. This makes Rutkowski, who predicted 2.35/.918 a Nazi-fighting hockey Nostradamus! Kreez, at 2.37/.918 is hideous and stupid.

The Angry Bum has already locked in best 90s expansion (Anaheim) and, having correctly guessed the tiebreaker (7 wins), will be scoring an extra 5 points or whatever it was I decided on.

22 of you are on the button with the prediction of 6 game 7s. 36 of you are still in the running here. whatis predicted a tour through hell this postseason, with every single series, plus three more imaginary ones, going to game 7.

32 of you are holding tight with Montreal sweeping Tampa being the only one. With a max of 2 sweeps remaining, this leaves 54 of you still going. Congratulations.

Nobody picked Gaborik to lead the league in goals. Huzzah.

And this has truly been a bumper harvest for HOW MUCH TOO MUCH MANS. Already 16 total, which means :siren: Rutkowski :siren: is in line for a second bonus! Wow! Nobody picked 18, 19, or 20 so there is a decent chance nobody wins this. Useless, just like an illegal substitution.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Link to standings spreadsheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B1GSfpyDmA3l_-8chpnB8aujZzHZOQCPV2kNAafJhXc/edit#gid=0

And the Red X returneth.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Everyone cheer for Montreal to win one more so T-Bone and lazerwolf don't start running away from us.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Stickarts posted:

This makes Rutkowski, who predicted 2.35/.918 a Nazi-fighting hockey Nostradamus!
If this stays true I'll totally use this as my next title. :toxx:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Rutkowski posted:

If this stays true I'll totally use this as my next title. :toxx:

Just make sure you add in the comma after .918 I neglected to! Or else I will feel grammar shame.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Stickarts posted:

Just make sure you add in the comma after .918 I neglected to! Or else I will feel grammar shame.
I mean the Nazi-fighting Hockey Nostradamus part, not the statline.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kings in 5.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
rangers in 4

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Kings in 5.

this, since i'm usually wrong about most things

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kings in five.
Edit: Gwg by toffoli.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 2, 2014

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kings in 6.

e: Muzzin with the GWG.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 2, 2014

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kings in 5.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
kings in 7 because i demand that the kings play maximum games :colbert:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Rangers in 7 :devil:

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Rags in 6.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Rangers in 7

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kings in 6

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kings in 4

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Kings in 5

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Kings in 5

Cup Winning Goal - Brad Doty

Suspensions - 1(Brown elbowing Lundqvist into next season)

deafmute fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 2, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Just for clarity, I found an easy way to satisfy my desire to increase the value of latter rounds without being ridiculous - I kept the 5/10 point bonus for perfect team predictions/perfect team+length predictions in place the Conference Finals, thus making them an easier target to hit. As for the finals, correct team/length will net you an extra 5, while predicting the skater who scores the cup-winning goal will also be worth 5 points. I'm on the fence about right team/length being worth 11 points, but Because It's The Cup and whatever. I will let y'all know if I change my mind before the start of the series.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Kings in 7

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kings in 6

it hath spoken

e: Kopitar GWG

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 3, 2014

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
Kings in 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Kings in 6, Henrik steals 2.

winning goal: Drewsef Doughty

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread